No announcement yet.

Hard to let go of your E30?...*emotions/feelings inside*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That engine in the Volvo is a B21 right? I think you can put the late 80's early 90"s large one piece headlights buckets in there.They should fit,i think they look better (more euroish). You know they make turbo kits for B21 volvo motors right? Just throwing it out there. lol
    Last edited by QUKBMER; 03-06-2017, 09:07 AM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

I have so many cars, but the only two I would never sell are the M-Tech cab (because I love driving that car) and my red sedan POS (because I've owned it forever and have too many feels towards it).

Everything else is always for sale for the right price... Considered making a FS ad for the silver 330is, but I highly doubt I would ever get what I would need to get (financially) to consider parting with it, so...
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

For the last 18 years I have only driven E30s as my daily. I had to go from 2 E30 to 1 E30 when I moved from Boston to DC, just didn't have room/time to keep up both without a legit driveway. Sold it to someone on here... feeling nostalgic I emailed to check in on it like 6 months later... T-boned and totaled like a month after selling it. I felt like I just brought a pet to be put to sleep... like I let someone unqualified take it in.

I am in a similar place again. I have a nice IX but now have a new car, and the no space for 2 issue that I was avoiding by getting rid of 1 E30 is proving true. The IX is going to have to go... i am dreading the day, but I can feel it coming.

Comment

Got a 87 325e salvage title that runs like a top, had her since 2011. It's hard to sell, especially since I know I won't get much out of it... even though I've done a ton of maintenance.

She has seen her new sister though, 88' 325is NO RUST!

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
            That engine in the Volvo is a B21 right? I think you can put the late 80's early 90"s large one piece headlights buckets in there.They should fit,i think they look better (more euroish). You know they make turbo kits for B21 volvo motors right? Just throwing it out there. lol
            while the euro headlights look the best of the three, I quite like the look of the square sealed beams. Though they look best on something like an '86 745. Also you can get hella conversion housings like you can for our cars.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

From what I'm reading it sounds like someone should set up a vetting service for E30 sales in much the same way they do for pet adoptions.

While I have checked in on a couple of cars I have sold I generally take the tack that I sold it for a reason and I should be happy to have the money that I collected for it no matter what happens to the car in the end.

Comment

Very upset I sold nearly everyone, get a modern grown up car....blah when I'm old.

I do have my truck and a few E36's but I guess you could call my truck my grown up car.

ha old horsehair seats, oh the smell they can give off.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                  Pics from P.O. from last summer
                  Runs, drives, stops.
                  Paid $600.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                  Holy cow that is clean!!! I love that color. I had an '84 slushbox that I always referred to as "baby shit brown." Unless someone else called it that, then I'd indignantly tell them that it was "salmon."
                  sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

I don't regret the e30s I've sold because of the issues they had. However, I've backed out last minute on other cars I thought I wanted to sell because I'm always afraid I'll never find another one as good. I mostly regret selling the rare or really nice parts that I had. I don't have any emotional connection to cars anymore, mostly it's just really hard to let go of anything that I know is going to be very difficult to replace in the future.
                    My Feedback

Comment

I sold my E30 last summer. Spent lots of time and money on it, and it was pretty built with lots of high quality parts.

Didn't get even close to what I put into it when I sold it, obviously.

When it sold and the guy who bought it drove away I sat in my backyard for about two minutes, flashing back to 8 years of ownership and all the things I learned, all the blood that spilled, and all the memories I made.

Then, I went inside, made a sandwich, and moved on.

Thought about checking in on it from time to time, but the guy who bought it was not a fan of documenting progress on the internet.

I had experienced all that that particular car had to offer. I am more excited now to embark on another journey, and learn new things, and create new memories.

All in all, I thought I would never sell it. But after I sold it I moved on in about 2 minutes.
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Glad you kept the E30, you would definitely regret selling it
                        Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                        A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Never in a million years would I sell Polly. It's not a car...it's where I truly learned how to wrench and mod.
                          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Glad you kept the car and got the wagon. I just picked one up two weeks ago myself. 86 with a 4sp. Might clean it up and daily it. Hope you do a build thread on yours.
                            89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
                            99 540it
                            86 Volvo 240 wagon
                            99 Cherokee
                            13 Passat

Comment

Man, I haven't owned an E30 so I can't comment on that car specifically. But I was pretty bummed when I had to sell my 2002... Driving it for the last time really was an eye opener for what I took for granted for almost 5 years. Daily driving it all through highschool was an amazing experience though. Loved that car to the moon and back, I need another.
                              -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                              -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by Nesset View Post
                                Man, I haven't owned an E30 so I can't comment on that car specifically. But I was pretty bummed when I had to sell my 2002... Driving it for the last time really was an eye opener for what I took for granted for almost 5 years. Daily driving it all through highschool was an amazing experience though. Loved that car to the moon and back, I need another.
                                673 posts on r3v and you've never owned an e30?
                                Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                                A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Working...
                                X