ebay question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay question

Im pretty new to Ebay. The other day I bid on something but was outbidded shortly after. Ok no biggie I thought, I really can't afford this right now, I don't need it, etc. Well the person who outbid me retracted the bid and I ended up winning the auction. So my question is, how do I get out of buying this?

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
    Im pretty new to Ebay. The other day I bid on something but was outbidded shortly after. Ok no biggie I thought, I really can't afford this right now, I don't need it, etc. Well the person who outbid me retracted the bid and I ended up winning the auction. So my question is, how do I get out of buying this?
    You don't. It states pretty clearly that your winning bid is a contract to buy the item.

You can contact the seller and explain to him what happened, and hopefully he's one of the cool sellers that will just not sweat it and re-list the item.

Comment

maybe you can find someone to buy it from you?

Comment

say when you were outbid you bought it elsewhere
        Originally posted by blunt
        can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
          say when you were outbid you bought it elsewhere
          You could say that. You both know that you were out bid and you did not want to re-bid.
          Originally posted by cabriodster87
          "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
          Originally posted by Kershaw
          i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

You still could get a seller that would give you a neg or neutral for that anyway, Ive seen it happen but not to me. Depends how long it was from the end of the auction that you got outbid, if it was right at the end, that argument wouldnt work too well.

Comment

He may be pissed buyer 1 flaked and take it out on you. Only way to find out is ask.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Well you can actually have a mutual agreement and no one pays any penalty for it. That is as long as both parties agrees that you won't be paying and they accept.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X