Anyone into New Mini Coopers?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aleman
    replied
    Anyone into New Mini Coopers?

    Originally posted by Julien
    Got a roof decal as the sun was bothering me on long drives



    I too found that I baked without a proper sun blocking sunroof shade. The ac was not super effective either, so I bought this:



    They work GREAT! Mini Mania shades.

    My R56 is all stock except for a K&N air filter that gives the turbo a nice pssh sound between gears.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • e30davie
    replied
    My brother in law and sister in law bought a brand new mini cooper last year or year before. 2015 or 2016 model. I was all excited until they told me it was a 5 door, diesel, and automatic.

    I had a drive the other week, pretty fun to drive for what it is. Feels very small to get into, but once you are in the near vertical windscreen makes for good visibility and feels like a medium sized car. I suppose it has 17" wheels, so it is a medium sized car...

    Leave a comment:


  • Julien
    replied
    Got a roof decal as the sun was bothering me on long drives

    Leave a comment:


  • mjimport
    replied
    ^Sorry, I was referring to Alemans R56, my bad for not specifying. You certainly have a great start for mods, must be a blast on the curvies!

    Also, if you like the supercharger sound, a cold air intake will really wake it up. IMO the M7 is the best option, but I got lucky and got one barely used for cheap.

    Leave a comment:


  • Julien
    replied
    Originally posted by mjimport
    Assuming it's still all stock from the looks. If you do mod it, the first should be rear sway bar. it changes the car dramatically, and if you get the right bar (adjustable) you can remove all understeer and even get some oversteer.
    I did front camber plates and have loved the different driving dynamic with the extra -1 degree of camber.


    In regards to servicing the car, I've done a clutch and a water pump on mine. Nothing is crazy hard just a little time consuming.
    Last edited by Julien; 09-04-2017, 08:15 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • mjimport
    replied
    Assuming it's still all stock from the looks. If you do mod it, the first should be rear sway bar. it changes the car dramatically, and if you get the right bar (adjustable) you can remove all understeer and even get some oversteer.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella
    Basically you need to remove the front end to get the car into "service mode".


    And the front fender wheel lining needs to come out for a lot of procedures.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Stanley Rockafella
    replied
    Originally posted by Aleman
    the engine compartment is really tight making it a bitch to work on.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Basically you need to remove the front end to get the car into "service mode".

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Wow those seats look totally unsupportive for an Mini-S

    Leave a comment:


  • Aleman
    replied
    Anyone into New Mini Coopers?

    Picked up my R56 a few months ago. 6 speed turbo. Surprisingly fast. Love it! I find the large center speedo utterly useless and the engine compartment is really tight making it a bitch to work on. You can drive the thing like a real animal though, and it keeps up.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • mjimport
    replied
    R53 minis are awesome, I've had two with typical bolt on mods. By far the best driving car (cornering) I've ever had.

    Leave a comment:


  • Julien
    replied
    updated thread title

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • AudioNToxication
    replied
    I have a R53. Its 271 at the wheels, bunch of mods. Its been a good car for me but i take ok care of it.
    Mines DS/Black no sun roof.

    Leave a comment:


  • Julien
    started a topic Anyone into New Mini Coopers?

    Anyone into New Mini Coopers?

    Recently picked up an R53 and I'm really enjoying it:



    BRG/Black Panther Leather, 6 speed manual, bugg brakes, 17% pulley, Konis and Camber plates.


    Anyone else into new minis? classic Mini thread here
    Last edited by Julien; 08-31-2017, 01:33 PM.
Working...