No announcement yet.

Need help finding curvy roads near you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump for twisty road finders. I’ve updated some of the roads around me...but that’s probably not very useful for most of you.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
      I just opened this up to see if I was missing anything. All the curvy roads in my area are planned developments. FML.

When I was a teenager riding sportbikes we'd suit up in our track gear and go to a development where the road and curbs were built but the actual homes never were. It was like a private track!
      Originally posted by blunt
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Utah: Wasatch mountains: road: 92 in Sundance,190 in cottonwood canyon, 224 in park city to Heber city. However these are closed for the winter.
        Last edited by bankrupt; 03-29-2018, 07:19 PM. Reason: Oops

Comment

These are awesome! beats my KMZ where i've been logging my local colorado favorites. damn.

Thank you for sharing these
          ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

I wonder what the algorithms is. How twisty? And how remote?

I use to spend hour on google earth planing trips - and yet the best one I found when I was 18 at random. Some road going to Santa Cruz, Ca. Can't find it now! URRRRRRRRRRR!
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by LEANE30 View Post
              These are awesome! beats my KMZ where i've been logging my local colorado favorites. damn.

Thank you for sharing these
              No problemo :up:

Originally posted by george graves View Post

I use to spend hour on google earth planing trips - and yet the best one I found when I was 18 at random. Some road going to Santa Cruz, Ca. Can't find it now! URRRRRRRRRRR!
              I think it’s explained on the site how they determine the curvature of a road. From my understanding it’s basically just using google maps data as plot points.

Good luck finding that nostalgic road! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post

Probably the 17
                88 325is Five Speed
                Lachssilber

Comment

This is pretty cool!
                  BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                    This is pretty cool!
                    :up:

Comment

I was pinging my 'car guy' friend at work less than an hour ago to discuss good roads near us. Spent time on google maps trying to find them...this thread is exactly what I needed.

Thank you to whoever dug this sucker up!

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                      Sounds like you need a massage.
                      Originally posted by kpeng
                      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
                        I was pinging my 'car guy' friend at work less than an hour ago to discuss good roads near us. Spent time on google maps trying to find them...this thread is exactly what I needed.

Thank you to whoever dug this sucker up!
                        You’re welcome!

I bump this every now and then so people have a chance to see it. I like to download the c_1000 file for areas I’ll be driving thru on road trips. I’ll be driving from Freiburg to Sicily in August and I’ve already planned a couple drives through what looks like some fantastic driving roads/countryside.

Hope you and your buddy find some good ones too! ;)

Comment

Bumping this thread because i just found one of the best roads in Germany...

The L109 (Triberger Strasse) from Elzach to Schonach has just about the most perfect road surface I’ve ever come across. Its been re-paved so nicely. ZERO imperfections. Super smooth and banked in all the right places. It may not look like much on the map but in reality its pretty much driving bliss in a well handling car. Curve after curve and seldom a blind corner. Fuck man it was really fucking good. Took my E36 up and back on the way to the Triberg waterfalls and fell in love with the journey rather than the destination. If you get a chance, don't pass up the opportunity to drive this road.

Comment

Working...
                          X