Wow the Artic Freeze is here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^

Had a similar issue this spring, the place we bought, has a HUGE (too big really to be practical) wood stove in the shop. Insurance outfit we have been with for nearly 20 years would only quote and write a policy on the property under the condition that with in 48 hours of getting possession of the keys that we had to remove the stove. Reasoning was they dont cover, "wood burning appliances in garages, barns, shops etc...

I laughed and told them that was not going to happen and made some calls, found a outfit with better coverage, a 50% cheaper quote, and gave 0 shits about the barrel stove in the shop, and I am putting a wood stove in the house sometime before next winter, and swaping the bulk of the heating over to that. I grew up on wood heat, had stove in the kitchen, and fireplace in the living room and a combo wood/oil forced air unit in the basement for the bulk of the heating. I love wood heat

Tell your pops to shop around this kinda shit pisses me off........
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah had same issues with Liberty Mutual. They were squaking about former house's chimney not being proper sized for the 3 appliances using it even thou it was scratch built for them. Dumped them in favor of USAA and rates went down by 22% because my auto was insured with them.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
        My parents live on 10 acres of forrest and chop all their own firewood and solely heat the house with wood. They've been doing that for over 30 years, and now the insurance companies want to force them to stop due to the 'risk' of a wood burning fireplace.

Needless to say my dad is pissed and digging his heels in.

Im America your allowed to burn wood lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

in CA at least idk anywhere else. you supposed to remove old wood stoves and install new "CARB" certified wood stoves if you buy a house with wood heat. Most people usually just ask the seller to put it in the back yard or just come pick it up and re install it after the sale is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
            in CA at least idk anywhere else. you supposed to remove old wood stoves and install new "CARB" certified wood stoves if you buy a house with wood heat. Most people usually just ask the seller to put it in the back yard or just come pick it up and re install it after the sale is complete.
            That's kinda funny because I see alot of the external wood furnaces around my area and they are trying to reburn emissions aka green house gases but those tend to be slow burn. Assume since they are not installed in your home they don't need to be compliant.

Comment

50ish in the morning when I ride to work, so I have to wear gloves. 70ish when I get off so its a nice ride home. and ride my bicycle, not a motorcycle so I am really enjoying the weather and sun.

south texas temps are usually great but we are not into the cold month yet. we are like Houston so we have wet cold, which sucks. we are a coastal town so you have that to effect the temps but usually that keeps us warm in the winter and cooler in the summer than central texas.

feb is when life sucks, temp wise. its normally in the 30s and drizzly most of the month. I hate it but I hate cold in general. I grew up in socal/Hawaii/south texas so anything below 70 is really cold to me

Comment

i really dislike wood smoke coming in through my window from dickhead neighbors burning wood. oh well that's my problem.

once a year i buy a bundle of wood just to hear the crackle and i see that shit just pouring out the chimney. Some poor guy is probably slamming the windows shut and cussing "fucking dickhead neighbors burning wood again" heheheh

Comment

Welp it rained for a couple days and all my roofs have shed so I didnt have to get up there and shovel them off. But we are expecting 10-14 more inches over the next 36 hours
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                    i really dislike wood smoke coming in through my window from dickhead neighbors burning wood. oh well that's my problem.

once a year i buy a bundle of wood just to hear the crackle and i see that shit just pouring out the chimney. Some poor guy is probably slamming the windows shut and cussing "fucking dickhead neighbors burning wood again" heheheh
                    Pretty funny, never knew people were bothered by wood fires.

Comment

When my parents switched home insurance we had to install a 3/16" plate of steel above our coal stove to cover up a wood panel, which has been there for over 30 years without a problem. The coal stove rarely gets turned up to half way because it just cranks out heat.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Wow temps are back above 50 around here, crazy. It's winter they could have stayed in the 20's, I was not enjoying the sub zero temps but I do like snow.

Comment

We had flash snow and ice yesterday. They didn't bring the salt trucks out, so we were going around a turn in the jeep at like 16mph, probably less, lost every bit of traction on a patch, and went right into a curb... At that moment, I missed fwd...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          88 325i Cabrio
                          04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Just hit 80° here today.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:
                            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Hit 65 here today. Supposedly going to be back under 20 by tomorrow evening. These wild swings are nuts!

Comment

Yeah was 60 and rainy yesterday followed by 25 now and 3 hours ago it was mid 50's glad the rain was just that rain.

Comment

Working...
                                X