snowtrac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snowtrac?

I am on an overnight in Portlandia right now. on my way back to the hotel today, I saw this thing sitting in the Shilo hotel parking lot. I had to stop and check it out.

the guys actually uses it for work as well as play. apparently, he fixes communications towers on the top of mountains like hood and Shasta, etc.

he was really cool. I spent the better part of an hour chatting with the guy about it and other random crap. he apparently has a video or two on youtube under "cider tom".

this was so random, I thought I would share.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Pretty cool. Wonder what they go for? Not that I have a use for one...

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

Comment

funny, this exact thought crossed my mind too. I did a google search and found there is actually one in England for sale for 2k British pound. It looks like it has been sitting for a while but appears be actually be in better shape than the one I saw today.

This vehicle is nearly 40 years old.   It has been kept inside all of its life apart from the last couple of years where it has been kept outside stored under a tarpaulin sheet. The engine is 1500 cc vw air cooled engine. It is not running at the moment but a mechanic or expert would be able to get the vehicle running again. Cash on collection only. For more details please phone Tim 07815 047

a couple more pics:

this is the actual steering system. power is transferred to these variable width pulleys. when the thing is going straight, both pulleys are the same width. when you turn the steering wheel, it adjusts the width of these pulleys so one side travels faster and the other slows.

I didn't get a photo of the engine but it is simply a type one VW engine with a Beetle transmission. he said they produce about 40 hp or so. one of the you tube videos I watched was a friend of his that replaced this engine with a 4 cylinder ecotech that he said produced around 100hp. I didn't see any cooling system pics in that video though......
      Last edited by flyboyx; 04-24-2018, 06:59 PM.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
      X