Clear All

1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Best UFO sighting ever

Comment

aw man,
        thats one of my facvorite drift cars evar :P

Comment

19 hour workday converting an analog 70's Cat generator to digital control. Located in Westminster, SC.

Rats nest of engine wiring. The engine harness was so chopped up and spliced it was decided to re-wire everything.

Aaaaaaaaand many hours later... The black wire wrap is the new harness. Simplified the wiring by installing a new coolant temp sensor and oil pressure sensor. All new wiring to the existing governor control motor and fuel stop solenoid. Wound up reusing the mag pickup wires just rerouting behind the engine straight to the control panel. Wire used is industrial double insulated with braided steel line in between the two layers of insulation.

Sorry about the poor quality of the after pictures, it was pretty dark by the time the job was done.

This would be like installing an Electromotive TEC3 on a BMW 2002. It's cool tuning an old diesel with a laptop.

Since this generator is not just used for a stand-by emergency application but also for peak shaving (they run it time to time as their prime power source to save the city government money on the utility bill) it has to pass Tier 4 emissions by 2013. Stand-by only units will be grandfathered into the new emissions standards and will be exempt.

By installing this digital controller we can get them a little bit closer. Phase two will be to test a Diesel Particulate Filter on the exhaust or a diesel catalyst. If neither of those systems work or aren't deemed fiscally possible we will be installing an entire new unit complete with automatic transfer switch so the unit will come online and transfer from utility to generator automatically in a power outage. Right now they are doing everything manually. Would you want to flip a switch that has 4,160V going through it in a thunderstorm?

Comment

way to go Macgyver!
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

YES

Comment

Dat Datsun...!

Comment

87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

Originally posted by J3M93 View Post

YES
                    Thanks for that, I need some alone time now.
                    Originally Posted by ACMF74
                    i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

Comment

Bloody hell.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Jeeeezus fuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Comment

Its cool but only if its got a turbo L series in it. I'm guessing its a modern motor which makes the car a POS and a total waste of a car. Vintage cars do not need modern motors. They aren't modern and installing a modern motor does nothing but eff it up. The motor makes the car. Its sad, it will cost more to fix the car by ditching the modern motor than the car will be worth. There is nothing that irritates me more than seeing a modern motor in a vintage car. It doesn't matter what sort of car it is.

Will
                            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

sad story^ b28 swap in my bros e21 was the best driving experience i have ever had.

so all the 24 valve guys here have POS's? or are you, "e30 not vintage" HMM HMM
                              -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                              -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                              MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                              Got Drop?? ;-)
                              Originally posted by JinormusJ
                              But of course
                              E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
                                sad story^ b28 swap in my bros e21 was the best driving experience i have ever had.

so all the 24 valve guys here have POS's? or are you, "e30 not vintage" HMM HMM
                                hoping to have a 1uz in my e21 :devil:

Comment

Working...
                                X