No announcement yet.

This Is Pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America hates diesels, unless you are from Texas or tow heavy things. You are being close minded if you think BMW North America will bring over small displacement or diesel engines in the next few years. The only company that can almost sell as many diesel cars as they make is VW.

gwb72tii, the market you are talking about for small efficient diesels consists of European immigrants and enthusiasts. Combined that is a smaller group of potential buyers than 18 year olds. It doesn't help that enthusiasts tend to be tight with their money.

Comment

Alfa 4c? Sooo hot.
      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by ELONZOOOO View Post

great shot, did you take it? lens info?
        Is it bad that I kinda like the Soarer more and more?
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
          Is it bad that I kinda like the Soarer more and more?

Nah dude.

a stock body sc with some nice wheels and slammed to the ground is always appreciated. an sc400 w/ manual swap or sc300 w/ 2jz swap.. both would be very nice cars.

Comment

Fuck me, I am going to get one some day. Drove a rough SC400 and I liked it. Doors do weird me out a little though.
            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
              then you don't know our market
              plus these particular seats are not the same as the current sport seats in the 1 and 3 series
              and please explain to the audience why a turbo diesel is going to cost more than the new 1 series M?
              Dude, no one is going to buy one of those. They will spend their money on something like an X6 or a 5 GT. I have thought about going to Mexico many times to get a 120 5 door, don't think they have the diesel engine there. I see some at school sometimes and every one that walks by hates them. Most people aren't going to buy these cars look at how cheap you can get a 318ti. Wouldn't mind one of those either built up like Catesby Jones' one lap car.

Those are BMW Perfomance seats, its in the catalog along with the equally expensive streering wheel with the rev lights and lap timer.
              sigpic

Comment

Seeing as Mike is a current BMW employee, he most certainly DOES know your market.

No way on earth would BMW NA sell even 10 of the cars you describe.

Those BMW Performance seats are overpriced Recaro Sportster CS seats - one of the ugliest designs ever, the bolster digs into your leg as you drop into the seat, and the're more than double the weight of a Pole Position or a Profi SPG. The only good thing about them is the way they're covered - such a sexy mix of leather / alcantara and tasteful stitching.

The wear rate isn't good either. The leather on the outermost bolster crinkles and cracks rather easily.

This isn't just opinion either, We've an E90 M3 at work with them and it's a pain in the arse - literally. I'd rather our M3 ZCP any day.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KennyT View Post
                    America hates diesels, unless you are from Texas or tow heavy things. You are being close minded if you think BMW North America will bring over small displacement or diesel engines in the next few years. The only company that can almost sell as many diesel cars as they make is VW.

gwb72tii, the market you are talking about for small efficient diesels consists of European immigrants and enthusiasts. Combined that is a smaller group of potential buyers than 18 year olds. It doesn't help that enthusiasts tend to be tight with their money.
                    ive seen several bmw diesels in south western ontario. people are starting to get it .

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                      then you don't know our market
                      plus these particular seats are not the same as the current sport seats in the 1 and 3 series
                      and please explain to the audience why a turbo diesel is going to cost more than the new 1 series M?
                      Since this is a pictures thread, I will just let these pics do the talking. yes, the performance upgrades brought the cars new price up to 55,000. that is my dumb ass putting it together.

Comment

and because it's sunny here and the summer is breaking through.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                          No way on earth would BMW NA sell even 10 of the cars you describe.
                          VW is running pretty much unchecked in the modern turbo-diesel arena, and doing very well. You might wanna lose the blinders.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                          If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

They are selling more x5 diesels than they can make. At least here in southern ontario. My family has one, 10L/100, 425 lb-ft of torque, driving with a heavy foot. Not to mention we get fleet fuel so it's pretty cheap to run for us.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

are those shift lights in the steering wheel?

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
                              HSAX Instructor

Comment

yes
                                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X