• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya
    sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Its the " Buzludzha Monument " in Bulgaria.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
        This thread needs more warbird content.

I quite like P47's.
        75' M42 Powered 2002
        AW 318is

Comment

A friend of mines all carbon Ducati.

Comment

Abandoned hospital/ psyche ward, they tried to convert it to apartments but it never really hit off.

Old therapy ward they have converted to a gym.

My 32

Rebuild in progress on 12v mtu 2000

Power House

Sun set at a Mine i was working at

Comment

Originally posted by MX339 View Post
              This thread needs more warbird content.

I quite like P47's.
              I can help with the warbird content. Don't have any pics of P47s however. All my pics.

Will
              Last edited by BlackbirdM3; 11-07-2013, 06:59 PM.
              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

And a few more warbirds.

Douglas DC4 that took part in the Berlin Airlift.

All shot at Wings over Wine Country at the Charles Schulz airport in Santa Rosa August 2013

Will
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Love planes. That is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Are Three Vee

Dad Spec

Comment

BlackbirdM3, nice shots!!
                      sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Need more of that apartment that was a asylum.
                        Last edited by ST1G; 11-07-2013, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                          Need more of that apartment that was a asylum.
                          This.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by csermonet47 View Post
                            k what am I looking at here

Comment

ov-10 bronco? that seems like a generally odd choice of aircraft to develop an affinity for. doesn't the state of california still use them for fire spotting?

i have always loved that airplane for some reason or another. back when i was in college, an a&p school in ypsilanti, michigan had one. in fact, it was the one that nasa did stol testing on by modifying the wings, flaps and props. if you ever get your hands on a copy of janes almanac, it is actually mentioned there. the aircraft was in bad shape: missing engines and avionics, paint peeling off, the canopy windows were crazed.....however, the price at the time was only 13,000 bucks. even then, that would have been an amazing deal, but i was just a poor college student. the local air museum eventually purchased it. a year later, the hangar that it was stored in burned to the ground.... sad story.

the engines in an ov10 are actually very common garret tpe 331's. they were used in lots of small turbo prop twins such as the metroliner, king air 100a, jetstream 31..... i have flown a few different airplanes in my day with that power plant. it produces a lot of power for its small light weight size. generally, i have to say that i have never been a fan of those old garret turboprop engines. the pratt and whitney pt-6 is so much better in just about every way except for physical size and weight. i wish the bonco would have had an option to use the pratt.
                              Last edited by flyboyx; 11-07-2013, 11:53 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                                ov-10 bronco? that seems like a generally odd choice of aircraft to develop an affinity for. doesn't the state of california still use them for fire spotting?

i have always loved that airplane for some reason or another. back when i was in college, an a&p school in ypsilanti, michigan had one. in fact, it was the one that nasa did stol testing on by modifying the wings, flaps and props. if you ever get your hands on a copy of janes almanac, it is actually mentioned there. the aircraft was in bad shape: missing engines and avionics, paint peeling off, the canopy windows were crazed.....however, the price at the time was only 13,000 bucks. even then, that would have been an amazing deal, but i was just a poor college student. the local air museum eventually purchased it. a year later, the hangar that it was stored in burned to the ground.... sad story.

the engines in an ov10 are actually very common garret tpe 331's. they were used in lots of small turbo prop twins such as the metroliner, king air 100a, jetstream 31..... i have flown a few different airplanes in my day with that power plant. it produces a lot of power for its small light weight size. generally, i have to say that i have never been a fan of those old garret turboprop engines. the pratt and whitney pt-6 is so much better in just about every way except for physical size and weight. i wish the bonco would have had an option to use the pratt.
                                OV10s are amazing aircraft. The design premise was brilliant and the execution of the design was for all intents and purposes, perfect. Its ability to land just about anywhere and take off from the same place at the time could only be rivaled by a helicopter, and years later perhaps the Harrier. Odd looking, you bet, but it was odd for a reason. Engines mounted high for prop clearance, short high lift wings that would allow for it to get into and out of impossible places. The cockpit being the perfect place to observe everything going on below. Again, all good reasons CDF adopted them for their observation planes as well as their ability to loiter over an area for an extended period.

The coolest thing I've seen in a long time was just after CDF started flying the OV10s. I was out for a mountain bike ride and as I was climbing the mountains just to the north of San Luis Obispo, an OV10 wearing a fresh CDF paint job came over right at treetop level (The trees up there aren't very tall, so call it 25 feet at most.) He dropped down the western facing side of the ridge line like he was trying to avoid radar detection. I so wish I had a camera for that.

Will
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X