This Is Pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by assoutE12 View Post
    The main thing that got me was that he tried to act like he knew more than I did. After he said that I pretty much walked away, he said to my buddy " guess he doesn't know as much about cars as he thinks he does" To which my friend said something to the effect of well he is a mechanic that works on mostly European cars. I wish I would have been a bit less drunk so I could have had a better comeback.
    Got into it with a chef at a country club I worked at in high school. He was explaining to me that BMW's were British. "British Motor Works, you don't know cars very well, do you Adam?" Best not to argue.
    sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
      Got into it with a chef at a country club I worked at in high school. He was explaining to me that BMW's were British. "British Motor Works, you don't know cars very well, do you Adam?" Best not to argue.
      "british motor works" bahahah thats great

Originally posted by HarryPotter
      not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
      Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

dat stretch...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
          dat stretch...

One failed tech inspection...

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
            One failed tech inspection...

Will
            That car would not be going to any sanctioned events, though every day would be an autocross on the street dodging speed bumps and potholes.

Comment

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                  That car would not be going to any sanctioned events, though every day would be an autocross on the street dodging speed bumps and potholes.
                  I've had someone in a miata turn up for an autoX that was more stanced and stretched than that. Had 155 tires stretched across 10.5 wide wheels. I failed the guy on the spot, he went and whined to the race director who said let him play. He thought he was a drifter as well. I made a snide comment about the lack of car prep that most drifters display. He took offence and asked if I could do better. I put him in the roadster and scared the shit out of him. I asked if he wanted to go for another run and he said no. The guy never came back.

Will
                  '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                  '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                  '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                    Oh god...What's the story behind this? Did they smash the windows?
                    Serves him right..
                    1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
                    1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
                    1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
                    My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Aych View Post
                      Oh god...What's the story behind this? Did they smash the windows?
                      Serves him right..
                      Ha! - I posted it cause of a famous picture of an e30 that had the same thing happen.

Basically, if you park in front of a fire hydrant, the firefighters will break your windows out if they have to to route the hose. .....but...............they'll bust your windows out even if they don't really have to.....just to prove a point (and rightfully so, I say)

I imagine that if someone dies in a fire, and it took the firefighters an extra 30 seconds to hook up a hose cause you were parked there, you could also be up for involuntary manslaughter/loss of property/etc. So if you just get the $1000 ticket, broken windows, and a wet interior, consider yourself lucky.

Fire trucks only carry about 500 gallons of water....and that's a LOT of water. About 4000 pounds worth....but that's only enough for a car fire. Nothing near what they pump out for something like a mulit-story apartment fire. So they have to have quick access to lots of water.

He's a pic they clearly(IMHO) didn't need to break the windows(over the hood would have been fine), but did anyways.

And, yes, I'm on the side of the firefighters on this one. Just calling it like it is. Sometimes they do it just to prove a point. :up:

Last edited by george graves; 04-12-2014, 03:00 AM.
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Comment

Interview next week:

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

^ So at first I was thinking an old Hereshoff boat, but then...that rig. Do tell? It's effing gorgeous.
                            sigpic

Comment

67m long, carbon fibre hull with twin retractable azipods, airdraft of 62.5m so she can navigate the panama canal, built in 2011. Designed by Richel / Pugh and Dykstra Naval architects.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                              RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Retractable like they go into the hull, or semi surface retraction?

Comment

Working...
                                X