No announcement yet.

This Is Pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the paddock of a ChumpCar race....same vintage campers too lol.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Not to for sure what race it is. Seen it on a Corvair Racer facebook page. Car is a Yenko Stinger YS096.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
        Not to for sure what race it is. Seen it on a Corvair Racer facebook page. Car is a Yenko Stinger YS096.

guys patch has eastern ohio scca, perhaps mid-ohio?

I quoted the wrong picture but you get the point.

Comment

Maybe, the caption for the picture said it was taken at the runoffs.

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

sure looks like mid ohio to me
            Now look, I am not evil. My loan officer said so.

Comment

Close air support.

Will
              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

hi Reiends

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                  Close air support.
                  We have Neptune Aviation based here. So fun to hear those engines when they train in the spring.

Click image for larger version

Name:	n14447tanker11mudsprings05202012-drop_wm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	7173126

They're in the process of upgrading to these jets as the old prop planes are just wearing out. I think you have to buy the planes and test them before getting a Forest Service contract, so it's a big risk.

Name:	Neptune-BAE-146s-sm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	7173127

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                    The Z8 is one of those BMWs that I always forget exists. Each time I see one I'm totally captivated by it and can't help but think it's the best convertible ever made.
                    there's two of em in town where my parents live...everytime i see one i always do a double take
                    1991 318is ---230K - DD
                    1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                    so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                        We have Neptune Aviation based here. So fun to hear those engines when they train in the spring.

[ATTACH]93020[/ATTACH]

They're in the process of upgrading to these jets as the old prop planes are just wearing out. I think you have to buy the planes and test them before getting a Forest Service contract, so it's a big risk.

[ATTACH]93021[/ATTACH]
                        Neptune just finished a new P2V tanker late last year. I caught tanker 43 making a dusk patrol on a fire here last year. He was the last tanker to make a pass that night

I was just about to pack up and head home when I heard the unmistakeable rumble of a pair of R3350s approaching out of the smoke. A few moments later T43 came in from Sacramento, made a slight right turn and made a pass down the back side of the ridgeline. He orbited a few times, dropped the last load and headed back to Sac.

There is an effort by the former employees of Aero Union out of Chico to buy back the P3 Orion Tankers and get those back in the air. They are trying to crowd fund the task, they need $5M in 55 days. They can get the contract, but they need the planes to do so. Toss them $5 (or more) and spread the word. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/h...rion-airtanker

Will
                        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

From the Sunday Royals car show at Limerock Park. I'm sure you know what it is JasonC. John Fitch Sprint. Talked to the guy for a little while, really cool. Car was built up the road, and had been in the area it's whole life. The guy's dad bought it, and the owner had taken his driver's license test in it. He had a bunch of pictures including some with John Fitch with the car. It had done some laps around Limerock as well at some point. Unfortunately, it's the only picture I have of it, it was in pretty good condition.
                          1987 325is Black/Black
                          -Stock (mostly)

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post

[ATTACH]93020[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]93021[/ATTACH]
                            i have a friend that worked as a firefighter for the forestry dept years ago. When a fire was controlled and the tankers had extra fire retardant, the pilots would search for and dump their load on the firefighters.
                            It was called "getting shit on". Apparently the stuff is both a retardant and a fertilizer combo the consistency of snot.
                            It's pink and stains clothing so the firefighter all had pink shirts LOL
                            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Right, it doesn't wear off very fast. You can spot red on hillsides a couple of years after a fire.

rulz!

Name:	AR-1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	7173188

Name:	AR-2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	7173189

Comment