No announcement yet.

This Is Pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry, put the wrong pic there. that was meant for stingy. i fixed it.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
      Cool. I wonder who has the car now? Here are stock roadster wheels on a 67.5 2000

Stock 1500 wheel

The stock steel wheels tend to flex a lot. They don't inspire a lot of confidence mid corner.

Will
      ....... Are you on 311s.org? ....
      Thanks for replying. I wish I knew where the car was now, I would most definitely be interested in buying it back. Actually my pops is coming to town this weekend for my niece's birthday, I'll talk with him about it.

And I'm glad you posted that question in your reply to someone else -- I joined the 311s forum (waiting for admin to approve) and started browsing the classifieds. It seems that roadsters are reasonably priced for a complete running car in decent shape -- though I'm sure the "get in" price seems reasonable and then parts are likely either a bitch to find or they are expensive.

I haven't even thought of buying a roadster for a decade, but I am not in a place in life where it is reasonable and I would like to look in to it. I'll do my research, but what is the number one thing you'd recommend? I personally prefer to find the car with the best possible body condition (and in old/rare cars, I would think close to a complete interior is big) and worry about mechanical stuff second. I can see this biting me in the ass if something is missing/broken that is very hard to find/replace. Any quick tips?

And I'd better adhere to thread rules:

Comment

Made my car in forza horizon 2 lmao

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
          Thanks for replying. I wish I knew where the car was now, I would most definitely be interested in buying it back. Actually my pops is coming to town this weekend for my niece's birthday, I'll talk with him about it.

And I'm glad you posted that question in your reply to someone else -- I joined the 311s forum (waiting for admin to approve) and started browsing the classifieds. It seems that roadsters are reasonably priced for a complete running car in decent shape -- though I'm sure the "get in" price seems reasonable and then parts are likely either a bitch to find or they are expensive.

I haven't even thought of buying a roadster for a decade, but I am not in a place in life where it is reasonable and I would like to look in to it. I'll do my research, but what is the number one thing you'd recommend? I personally prefer to find the car with the best possible body condition (and in old/rare cars, I would think close to a complete interior is big) and worry about mechanical stuff second. I can see this biting me in the ass if something is missing/broken that is very hard to find/replace. Any quick tips?

And I'd better adhere to thread rules:

As for buying a roadster, yes there are some parts that are just as expensive and hard to find as parts for my M3. The good news is that vendors have many of the parts that you might need. Unless someone has hacked up the electrical system, its pretty solid. Running gear is also robust, as is the engine. The U20 is rare, and was only used in the 2 liter roadsters. Timing components are more expensive than those of an S14. The good news here is that odds are, you will only have to buy them once. Yes there are horror stories of U20s breaking a timing chain and ventilating both the valve cover and the oil pan. This only happens if someone ignores the horrid noise that the engine has been making for a LONG time before it let go. The brakes are fantastic stock. Yes the fronts are expensive to replace, but again, do it once if they are leaking and you are good as long as you take care of them. They are 11.25 inch rotors with 2 piston calipers up front and large finned aluminum drums in the rear. A good way to get an idea of how many miles are on the car is to look in the trunk. The fuel tank is mounted to the floor of the trunk. The mounting points will crack the floor near the rear panel. The other place to look on 67.5- '70 cars is below the brake master cylinder. They tend to crack there as well. (Early cars have a different firewall.) Once you are cleared for 311s.org, you will find tons of info there. the forum is more active than this one.

Because rules...
          This is what I did yesterday. Racing a 108 year old Schooner on San Francisco Bay.

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851
            I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

[ATTACH]98045[/ATTACH]

ATTENTION:

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT DONE SO, PLEASE DO SO AT THIS TIME

Comment

This used to be a human.

Comment

Because rules...
                  This is what I did yesterday. Racing a 108 year old Schooner on San Francisco Bay.
                  ^^^No WAY! Fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                    ^^^No WAY! Fantastic!
                    Here are a few more pics from Saturday.
                    Scow Schooner Alma, and the Brigadoon.

Brigadoon off Angel Island.

David Crosby's former boat "Mayan" off Alcatraz. We almost caught her. She started 5 min ahead of us.

Schooner Elizabeth Muir trying to keep pace with us (she started 15 min ahead of us)

The oldest boat in the race, Yankee, built in SF, 1906. She was knocked off her stands during the 1906 earthquake.

Yeah, it was wet.

A nice shot of Martha (the boat I was on) that I shot a few weeks ago.

Will
                    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Yeah, it was wet.
                      That's what she said.

Comment

Comment

Well those pictures are cool, What's the story behind it? Interesting! Did explode a nuclear plant nearby? lol
                          Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
                            Well those pictures are cool, What's the story behind it? Interesting! Did explode a nuclear plant nearby? lol

It's Russia's shuttle program. It never really took off.

My favorite Soviet copy is the Concordski. It was a pure fail. The Wiki page is full of luls.

Last edited by ST1G; 06-18-2015, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Some cool weather stuff I found on my phone.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X