This Is Pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

All unedited shots from yesterday. Mostly because I don't know how to edit photos. Which reminds me, I should learn how to edit photos.

Why does imgur make photos look worse? The Porsche 962 racecar is extremely higher quality before I entered it into imgur. All photos for that matter.
      Last edited by phreshkid; 10-18-2015, 12:09 PM.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

But same size correct?

Comment

That 962 made weird things happen in my pants

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
            Why does imgur make photos look worse? The Porsche 962 racecar is extremely higher quality before I entered it into imgur. All photos for that matter.
            Because it's not Flickr. Flickr doesn't degrade images.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
              But same size correct?
              I resized them in imgur. I think I'm going to take Mike's advice and use Flickr from now on.

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
              Because it's not Flickr. Flickr doesn't degrade images.
              Noted. I started playing with LightRoom 4 today and have a VERY primitive grasp on editing, but here is my first attempt. I think each photo is better than the previous bunch, but still need work.

P962 driving in_ by Ryan Danco, on Flickr
              I think this photo could use less color in the foreground, but I have yet to play with the editing tools that allow me to select and edit only parts of the image. Soon.

P962 busines end_ by Ryan Danco, on Flickr

P356 Rear by Ryan Danco, on Flickr

AMG GTS Front by Ryan Danco, on Flickr

Clarion BMW 2002_ by Ryan Danco, on Flickr
              world renown Harry Potter expert
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                I resized them in imgur. I think I'm going to take Mike's advice and use Flickr from now on.

Noted. I started playing with LightRoom 4 today and have a VERY primitive grasp on editing, but here is my first attempt. I think each photo is better than the previous bunch, but still need work.
                Looks a lot better, with a quick glance I see the headlights show much more detail. Good to see you're hosting on Flickr too. It's a lot better for long term quality. I use Imgur when I just have one or two images that I want anonymously hosted.

Flickr Pro tip:

If you click the down arrow in the bottom right of a specific image you can click "view all sizes" and then pick the best size for the situation. Then right click the image and copy the image URL. That way you won't have all the extra info around the image on forums. I normally use the default size as it's not overwhelming on smaller screens, but good sized.
                Here are some screen shots of that.

Comment

The gift that keeps on giving. I'm doing online traffic school and this pic shows up. Probably the grandaddy of E30 pics on the interwebz. And the bronzit on fire pic is the grandma.
                  Attached Files
                  I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

phreshkid: Are you shooting with a CPL on the front of your set up???? Looks like you have Upper level glass (I dont know much about the sony lines as I am more of an olympus and canon guy but IIRC reading somewhere that that 55mm is very close in performance to Zeiss's own Otus 55mm) so this is not a case of older or entry level equipment.

2ed of all how are you setting up your white balance using auto or manual. 90% of the time I am shooting in Auto white balance unless its sunset time or a odd transnational lighting situation. That said if you have it in manual and in the right mode or color temp you should be fine.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Comment

Went on vacation in the Allgäu last week, among other places we drove to Munich to BMW Welt & Museum.

I only had my 50mm 1.8 with so most of the pics I took are somewhat lacking, here are a few of the better ones. I'll post the rest in separate thread when I have more time.

-03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

haven't laughed this hard in a while
                            Attached Files
                            My Feedback

Comment

Crimea in the 60's

Comment

Last edited by ST1G; 11-10-2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X