Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealer holding plates haaaalp? (California)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^

If you Pick up items in state you have to pay the tax on it, if you had a shipper pick it up you would have been fine. Though I am not sure how the sales tax on cars works in CA like that since the sales tax is normally charged by the state of registration ......
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      ^

If you Pick up items in state you have to pay the tax on it, if you had a shipper pick it up you would have been fine. Though I am not sure how the sales tax on cars works in CA like that since the sales tax is normally charged by the state of registration ......
      Yep, they told me I could have had a shipper literally take it across state lines and then I could drive it home to TX. Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Just bought a vehicle in Kansas and another in Alabama over the last couple months. No such stipulation in either state.

I didn't have to repay taxes when I got to TX, but CA's taxes were higher so I was out that money. The tax office here told me I should not have been required to pay taxes there.
      "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
      -----------------------------------------
      91 318is Turbo Sold
      87 325 Daily driver Sold
      06 4.8is X5
      06 Mtec X3
      05 4.4i X5 Sold
      92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
      90 325i Sold
      97 328is Sold
      01 323ci Sold
      92 325i Sold
      83 528e Totaled