Wakeboarding fans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakeboarding fans...

I spent this weekend at a lakehouse on Lake June with my production company and a bunch of friends shooting/filming a wakeboarding DVD/highlight reel. I shot the photos and the rest of our crew filmed it. We're going to get a few uses out of the material: its going to air on the Sunshine Network and hopefully MTV2, and it'll be a DVD for promo and sponorship usage. The rider is a promo/am that goes to my school, named Weston Cotton. It was a ton of fun to say the least. I could shoot stuff like this for the rest of my life and be content. Chilling out on the boat and at the house, and lots of random shenanigans. Here's 2 teaser shots:

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

looks fun no doubt, but a film like that is just no good without the obligatory hotties and some t-and-a!

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

Thats awesome, I just got into it this year and its a total blast.

Comment

Originally posted by RCWells View Post
        looks fun no doubt, but a film like that is just no good without the obligatory hotties and some t-and-a!
        You can't make that judgement out of 2 pics :) That was at about 8am after our first sunrise session, the girls were still in bed.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
          You can't make that judgement out of 2 pics :) That was at about 8am after our first sunrise session, the girls were still in bed.
          dammit boy, share the rest of them then!

I haven't been on a board in years, and the last one I was on was a knee board. I did try wakeboarding back around '89 or so, when they were in their early phases of design, they were more like a surfboard, nothing at all like today's boards. Next summer I'd like to get back out and try these newer boards.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

I've tried pretty much everything that involves being pulled behind a boat on water. Wakeboarding was all right, but too slow. I like skiing, where the boat is doing 30mph and you are getting 60+mph on hard whips. :)

Comment

Wakeboarding isn't about speed, its about the tricks. I'd love to see someone on skis do a 720 or a 360 front flip :) I've tried water skiing and it was ridiculously boring to me, I only did a few passes and vowed to never do it again.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Wakeboarding can be really fun, but when you start getting better at it, you need a $40,000 wakeboard boat with massive wake and a tower to keep progressing. I've been wakeboarding for almost a decade behind our puny ski boat, and the biggest trick I've landed is a handle pass 360 (wake to wake), but I've gotten close on landing backrolls and tantrums behind my friends boat. Wakeboarding is definitely a good time when you're with the right people. It's just an expensive sport. That's were wakeskating comes in, but it gets boring

Comment

The boats pictured are $70,000 - each, so yeah you hit the nail on the head.

I enjoy wake surfing more personally, I always hurt myself when I wakeboard :)

RISING EDGE

Comment

I love wakeboarding. In fact I just got home from the lake.

Thats a badass chase boat shot.
                    Here are some pictures from some of my photoshoots.

91 m3

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                      Wakeboarding isn't about speed, its about the tricks. I'd love to see someone on skis do a 720 or a 360 front flip :) I've tried water skiing and it was ridiculously boring to me, I only did a few passes and vowed to never do it again.
                      See, I'm the exact opposite. Not into all the tricks and stuff. I'm the type that would rather longboard then skateboard. :)

Comment

I've never tried wakeboarding... I assume you'd need a lake.

I saw a guy kiteboarding the other day and I swore I've got to try that. He was hassling with it, couldn't get his kite up for about 20 minutes, me and my cousing were watching and laughing.
                        Then he got it flying and he was GONE. Started ripping it up and down the coast, catching 20-30ft airs, he dissappeared miles away within a couple minutes.

Comment

I love waterskiing, wakeboading, kneeboarding, and even tubing can be made very fun HEHEHE. Only problem is I use my jetski as the tow vehicle, so you do get limited with wakeboarding, although its perfect for skiiing and everything else.

It also helps that the ski is a 140hp Honda Aquatrax 3 seater, it has awesome low end power and is a very good tow ski.
                          01 325Ci
                          87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

my friend wakeboards and he took me this summer to try it...lol...he said it was becasue of the samller board he was using, but damn I SUCK..
                            90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Tubing with a jet ski can be awesome, depending on how extreme you can handle. When my friends and I pull a tube, its more like 40 mph, and cutting the bars and constantly whipping the tube everywhere. Its actually amazing the G forces you can pull doing that. More than once it just pulled me right off the tube! Try it out!

A fun waterprank also is easy to pull off if you have one of those floating trampoline/island things. We waited till a few of the girls were sunbathing on it, and attached the rope to the ski from a distance.

I really wished I got pics of that! Just pulled it right out from under them! Actually, we were thinking of tubing with it across the lake!
                              01 325Ci
                              87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

Working...
                              X