Let's see your scale models.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
    Look what came in the mail!!! I'll get better pictures tomorrow.

Does this car come with an engine? Probably gonna buy it but really only like models with full engines. Trying to find a regular e30 and e21 with engines. Not an easy find.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      Does this car come with an engine? Probably gonna buy it but really only like models with full engines. Trying to find a regular e30 and e21 with engines. Not an easy find.
      The bottom of the engine is molded to the chassis. But been reading and seen someone may pick up where the manufacturer failed and offer a engine for it. No e30 kits came with engines, the e21 a Revell offered a 320i with a engine.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

The bottom of the engine is molded to the chassis. But been reading and seen someone may pick up where the manufacturer failed and offer a engine for it. No e30 kits came with engines, the e21 a Revell offered a 320i with a engine.

Man i need to get spare parts. Are they available with out purchase of cars?

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

On ebay sometimes yeah. Otherwise, if anyone has any parts that need replicating, I do have a 3d printer and 3d scanner.

If I can find someone with an M20 out of the car locally I will go scan that whole thing and could make little tiny engines for the scale models

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
            On ebay sometimes yeah. Otherwise, if anyone has any parts that need replicating, I do have a 3d printer and 3d scanner.

If I can find someone with an M20 out of the car locally I will go scan that whole thing and could make little tiny engines for the scale models

Yes please do it. I want an m20 and s38 haha got plans. If i can find proper cars

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

An S38 is going to be much harder to find outside of a car! Hah, but I will look.

If anyone has dimensions I could solidworks a model from there, but I haven't had luck tryna pope the.... find the dimensions for the full engine.

Comment

An S38 is going to be much harder to find outside of a car! Hah, but I will look.

If anyone has dimensions I could solidworks a model from there, but I haven't had luck tryna pope the.... find the dimensions for the full engine.

There is a m635 that i may buy that has it

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I've been meaning to go to Omaha. 25% of all people from Omaha must move to Colorado at one point, I think that's a law. If you do get one, and can make room for me to scan it, let me know.

In the mean-time, I do have an M20 VC (B25 and B27) and a B25 IM in my pile-o-parts I could scan and at least make the top-most portion of the engine. And I already have the M20 manifold made in solidworks (proving how horrible it is). I'll work on something this week for you

Comment

I've been meaning to go to Omaha. 25% of all people from Omaha must move to Colorado at one point, I think that's a law. If you do get one, and can make room for me to scan it, let me know.

In the mean-time, I do have an M20 VC (B25 and B27) and a B25 IM in my pile-o-parts I could scan and at least make the top-most portion of the engine. And I already have the M20 manifold made in solidworks (proving how horrible it is). I'll work on something this week for you

Funny you say that cause my parents lived in denver before moving back haha.

Sweet okay just let me know. I wanna do a m20 e21

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Heads up about the m20 from the Z1. It don't have an oil pan.
                      Attached Files

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Wait, are you the guy on r3v Facebook I was talking to about my black m20 e21?

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Heads up about the m20 from the Z1. It don't have an oil pan.

Does the m10 from the revell kit have one? Could graft it on some how. Im really looking forward to building the m30

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Since we are on the topic about engines. The Fujimi e24 Hartge has a m30, Alpina has a m30, and the m635 has a s38. I also think that the e36 m3 kit from Dragon may have a s52.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Since we are on the topic about engines. The Fujimi e24 Hartge has a m30, Alpina has a m30, and the m635 has a s38. I also think that the e36 m3 kit from Dragon may have a s52.

Yes the group A 635csi also has an m30 which is the parts car i bought in previous post. Waiting to get that from hong kong :(

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Love the detail on that M20 tho!

Comment

Working...
                                X