No announcement yet.

Let's see your scale models.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, nope. I didn't realize that was a live sale. And I have too many unbuilt boxes in the stack. My son's off at college now so we don't get the modeling time together - it was more fun that way. I just looked on the shelf - I have the ultimate 914, a Tamiya Carrera GT - that one will be pure black with leather seats. There's a Tamiya Ferrari F-40, the two Fujimi Porsche RS kits, and a vintage Revell '59 Impala convertible in a bizarre 1:32 scale. It has a shitload of chrome on it, so we bought that chrome foil to try - it looks really difficult if you ask me.

I want to build a nice 917 sometime, but not the #23 LeMans winner, mostly because of those scary-looking white spikey decals on it. I like the #3 silver Martini 917 that won Sebring - Vic Elford.

Then a wild Lancia Delta appeared! Always loved that funky, fast, rally-winning thing. Decided I wanted a street version of the rally car, sort of a sleeper instead of covered with race graphics.

I made a lot of mistakes and learned a bunch on this one.

Here's what we use to spray bodies - just a coat hanger wire frame. For a lot of pieces, we have bent wire hooks hanging off a pipe on the basement ceiling - but then you spray a cloud of paint dust all over everything in the basement. Then we made a cardboard "hood" of a thing to fit behind the spray stand. We never got to the airbrush level of expense or skilz.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001 small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	7189660

Airplane models give you advantages in rallying.

Name:	IMG_0002 small.jpg
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	7189661

The kit came in all red plastic for some reason, like you'd leave it raw plastic? I wanted a nice dark grey, but couldn't find the shade. My son had this cool battleship grey but it was matte. I used that and then tried to sand smooth and spray gloss clear over that, and made kind of a mess. Sanded a lot of detail off the body, sadly. Had to wet-sand the clear so much that I went through the color layer - ARGH! Gave up, went with a cool Tamiya dark burgundy. I'll look for the finished pics somewhere.

Name:	IMG_0018_1 small.jpg
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	7189662

Battleship grey and orange peel.

Name:	IMG_0006_1 small.jpg
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	7189663

That rally-winning AWD suspension!

Name:	IMG_0014 small.jpg
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	7189664
    Last edited by LateFan; 12-28-2016, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
      ^^^ Old crumbly decals! AARRGH!! I love that hood decal.

1:25.....why do they do that stuff?? 1:24 is 1/4" scale, so simple to figure out. I wonder if it's got to do with design copyright laws or something.

The hood decal and emblem are only ones that came off okay i screwed it on on install trying to line it up but got it back together enough you can see it much. New ones are one the way!

They did it with my brabham but made it bigger its 1/20 scale.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

My son is good with the "micro-sol" decal fluid, but it doesn't do anything for old dry ones.

Comment

Oh, nope. I didn't realize that was a live sale. And I have too many unbuilt boxes in the stack. My son's off at college now so we don't get the modeling time together - it was more fun that way. I just looked on the shelf - I have the ultimate 914, a Tamiya Carrera GT - that one will be pure black with leather seats. There's a Tamiya Ferrari F-40, the two Fujimi Porsche RS kits, and a vintage Revell '59 Impala convertible in a bizarre 1:32 scale. It has a shitload of chrome on it, so we bought that chrome foil to try - it looks really difficult if you ask me.

I want to build a nice 917 sometime, but not the #23 LeMans winner, mostly because of those scary-looking white spikey decals on it. I like the #3 silver Martini 917 that won Sebring - Vic Elford.

Then a wild Lancia Delta appeared! Always loved that funky, fast, rally-winning thing. Decided I wanted a street version of the rally car, sort of a sleeper instead of covered with race graphics.

I made a lot of mistakes and learned a bunch on this one.

Here's what we use to spray bodies - just a coat hanger wire frame. For a lot of pieces, we have bent wire hooks hanging off a pipe on the basement ceiling - but then you spray a cloud of paint dust all over everything in the basement. Then we made a cardboard "hood" of a thing to fit behind the spray stand. We never got to the airbrush level of expense or skilz.
          [ATTACH]112395[/ATTACH]

Airplane models give you advantages in rallying.
          [ATTACH]112396[/ATTACH]

The kit came in all red plastic for some reason, like you'd leave it raw plastic? I wanted a nice dark grey, but couldn't find the shade. My son had this cool battleship grey but it was matte. I used that and then tried to sand smooth and spray gloss clear over that, and made kind of a mess. Sanded a lot of detail off the body, sadly. Had to wet-sand the clear so much that I went through the color layer - ARGH! Gave up, went with a cool Tamiya dark burgundy. I'll look for the finished pics somewhere.
          [ATTACH]112397[/ATTACH]

Battleship grey and orange peel.
          [ATTACH]112398[/ATTACH]

That rally-winning AWD suspension!
          [ATTACH]112399[/ATTACH]
          Who cares about the Lancia, lets see the B25! Looks like 1/72 scale.

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
            Amt just re-issued there chevy monza 2+2 basic bone stock kit and im going to use a donor 66 chevy ll prostreet kit and try to make pro stock or pro street out of it.
            Mmmmmmm, that model would make a nice street machine. Need to look for it

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

A little S38 action

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Looks clean!

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Great job !!
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                    A little S38 action
                    Nice engine!

Comment

Nice engine!

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                      Great job !!

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                      Looks clean!

Thanks!

This showed up today! Wont be able to start it until i get some flat black and blue spray paint along with 2-3 misc colors for the dash and engine. Really surprised how simple this kit is as far as amount of parts. Decals on this one are shot too can tell just by how the paper is curved i snagged a set of repros before i even start it.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Nice :up::up::up: I have the Repsol sponsor Porsche model.
                        Last edited by QUKBMER; 12-29-2016, 03:27 PM.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Had most of the parts paint before I went to bed last night. So was just assembling it.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

My brother got this for me for Christmas not gonna lie I'm pretty nervous that I'm going to screw this thing up royally
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              My brother got this for me for Christmas not gonna lie I'm pretty nervous that I'm going to screw this thing up royally

I was thinking about getting that kit but the hartge h-26 version that was on eBay but it sold

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I have that kit built already and i have the e30 m3 and e34 5 series Hartge.

Comment

Working...
                                X