Why do I love old cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I love old cars?

Almost more than new ones. I just think they have something "more" to them. Maybe its just that you don't see every wannabe-baller late twenty somethings running around in them.

C43 AMG ftw. why is it just so damn hot!

Cause were wanna be wanna be ballaz who cant afford new shit?
    Back to my roots

Comment

oh yes!

Comment

i'm getting pretty close to graduating and I'll be able to afford quite a few cars, and i still think i'll enjoy older cars more.

Comment

I like them because you can actually work on them. Unlike newer cars that require you to have a degree in organization and holy shit what are all these wires to.
          And the fact that you don't have to take apart five things to get to the one thing you really want to get to.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

well not all old cars are easy to work on. lexus gs 300's under the hood are complicated as hell...even an obd1 1993!!

Comment

maybe you just a little slow in the head, and it takes 20 years for the shape to sinkl into your thick skull!

J/K, I like old ones too, but i am a bit slow.

Comment

I know a lot of time guys end up enamored with cars they lusted over as teens. I think thats why you see a lot of old times into the old hot rod scean.

I know for me growing up e30 m3's were the shiznet....

(funny to think I'll be laughed at some day as an oldtime into 'old' cars....)

Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

anyone can have a new car with leases and financing but it takes a little bit of skill and pride to have a nice older car. my newest car is 7 years old and its the wifes. everything i own with the exception of my truck is at least 20 years old and some are nearly 40 years old. eat a 40 yo dick
                  We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                  www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

new cars are disposible pieces of crap. ALL OF THEM

they are all not ment to last

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
                      new cars are disposible pieces of crap. ALL OF THEM

they are all not ment to last
                      QFT.

Try "restoring" a car with something like iDrive in 30 years. Not going to happen.

Everything sucks now.

Comment

not really true. at the dealership i work at, we rip apart new cars all the time. one of the senior mechanics ripped apart a new 7er a few weeks ago, and replaced almost everything to do with the i drive- wiring included. It was some hella crazy work, and you need to reprogram the car- which will hinder 'restorations" later on, but it really as difficult as many of you all think. helps to work at a dealer though.
                        much of the things I have done on the accident e46/e90s is easier to replace than e30s.

Comment

Im also really a old car guy myself, but when Im older Im definately going to have a new car as a daily just for the warranty and reliability.

Ill always be into old school cars though. I think part of it really is that I will always long for the cars of my childhood, aka the e30 m3.
                          Back to my roots

Comment

I like the exclusivity. You don't see 20 e30s on your daily commute and I like it that way. Hell, most of the time I don't see a single one.

I also like the fact that things always need fixin' so I get to work on it a lot... people think I'm crazy, but it's what I enjoy doing.

Lastly, new cars are more civilized in general, and I like the rawness of older

91 318is

Comment

I drive older cars becaus I don't like taking a hit as soon as I pull off the lot. And besides, who wants to drive something new that you can't mod the hell out of right away.
                              Originally posted by payney8
                              We heard economics is american for card game t/f ? :P

Comment

Working...
                              X