Looks like some OK and TX Member are about to get F'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like some OK and TX Member are about to get F'd

Ice Storms SUCK... guaranteed power outages, it's not snow.. it's not rain.. and it's harder to drive on then either of the two. So you can't really have any fun with it.

Those of you with large trees around your house better start praying the ice doesn't cause it to tumble into your roof.

I remember the ice storm back in 1994. No school for 2 weeks.. also no power for 9 days straight, couldn't drive anywhere for almost 5 of them, power lines everywhere so I couldn't even go out and play. Our neighbors had a huge old tree come down and crush half their house. Neighbor up the street had both his car totalled when the open carport collapsed on both cars. Miserable times.

I remember the day before it snowed about 2 inches, then I woke up that night to the sound of rain and lightning flashes thinking "shit.. their goes the snow I guess that means school is back in tomorrow." Turned out that the flashes of lightning were not lightning at all but those of transformers bursting from power lines snapping.

Better run to the store and stock up on bread, milk and beer.. If you don't have a gas generator now is the time to stock up bitches.
    Last edited by RobertK; 01-12-2007, 12:36 PM.

You should get a job with the media. Your skills of instilling fear into the hearts of poor drivers is right on. No question about you being correct though. The horrible "black ice of death" awaits us. Keeping the bimmer of the road for the next few days. Raise the terror alert to orange or yellow or brown, whichever one it is (never got to the point of understanding them anyways), grab your nuts and drive slowy, oh wait, that doesn't work on ice either, MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Comment

Yeah, this weekend's weather is going to blow ass. Garages and having a beater FTW.

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
      '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
      '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
      SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

Slippery when sliperry.... What's up with bailing out of your car? Not the smartest thing to do. That one lady almost get's slid over/smashed in between her car and the Benz.

LOL: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/4403/too_slippery_runway/

This guy had to have been running out of fuel or been too far from land to attempt this? Also notice, unlike the two in the above video, even though he was about to take a dip in hypothermic waters, he did not bail out!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
          You should get a job with the media. Your skills of instilling fear into the hearts of poor drivers is right on. No question about you being correct though. The horrible "black ice of death" awaits us. Keeping the bimmer of the road for the next few days. Raise the terror alert to orange or yellow or brown, whichever one it is (never got to the point of understanding them anyways), grab your nuts and drive slowy, oh wait, that doesn't work on ice either, MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!
          WTF? You post like a crackhead.

Oh yeah.. and an ice storm leaves more than a few patches of "black ice" on the road. Try more like covered in a 1 inch sheet from I remembered. Not fun at all to drive on.

Comment

I wasn't expecting to see that :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
            91 m3

Comment

The road doesn't even look like it has ice on it but...

Bridges are always a mothafk as well....

Comment

ha ha just got done driving the e30 to the store to get some grub. It drove great! I just got it painted so i never got it out of 1st......but I made it home safe.

Some asshole in a non turbo 3000gt passed me and I was like "What a dumbass" then I noticed his car was beat to shit and missing an entire headlight assembly, so I figured he will never learn.

Ice ftl.
                88 325is. 4.10 lsd, J.C. chip.

Comment

This winter has had some really fucking crazy weather all throughout the US. Blame it on global warming bitches.

Comment

We're on the outskirts of the storm, but still close enough to be inconvenienced for a few days. Ice on the roads up to nearly an inch thick and lasting until Monday is projected. Got out the generator and did a complete rebuild. Pulled the head off and cleaned the cylinder and valves. Runs like a top now, so if the power goes out, I've got about 4k watts of power to draw from.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've been driving on ice all week. my street is covered on a sheet that's about 2" thick. luckily it's going to start melting tomorrow..
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        I've been driving on ice all week. my street is covered on a sheet that's about 2" thick. luckily it's going to start melting tomorrow..
                        i know how that goes
                        PNW Crew
                        90 m3
                        06 m5

Comment

I can attest to the fact that Texans can't drive for shit in inclement weather .
                          See my shitty story HERE . :(

I can tell you however that I did NOT bail out of my moving car .
                          WTF are those idiots thinking ??

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

im driving my nissan just incase some asshole totals it...i love the e30 tooooo much!

Comment

after seeing that video, i fuckn hate people... why the fuck would you jump out of your car....i might lean my seat back so the airbag doesnt pop me one, thats about it.....i wonder how their brains really work..

Comment

Working...
                              X