Prolly moving to Florida!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prolly moving to Florida!!

Well I've been made an offer I just can't refuse...
    And I'm probably going to be moving to Panama City Beach, Florida.

We're flying down on the 15th to go house-hunting and make some arrangements.

AANd if all goes well, the woman and I will be living at the beach soon thereafter!!!

To further sweeten the deal, one of my father's friends lives down there, and he's offering me a nice chunk of change to help him for about 5 hours a week reviewing webpages for his condo/beach-house rental business...which will give me kickass health insurance that I won't have to pay for, and the ability to go to the Keys or Puerto Rico on vacation for free from time to time.

Life's good....I just have to figure out how to move my cars.

Anyone know the law there concerning concealed firearms?
    How are insurance rates?
    (Property is expensive, but property is an asset so...yeah)

Anywho, I'll know by the 20th if this is going through...it's gonna be a long two weeks.
    Buuut...if it dooes....Ahh, no more worries.
    This place has one of the top 10 nicest beaches in the US.

I can't stand the wait.

get ready for lots of young whores on spring break weeks..I've been down there many many times..fun place.
    90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Its pretty but not an area I'd want to live in, super touristy. Insurance is meh, not horrible but not great. You'll probably get your fair share of hurricanes in that area!

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

PC bound

you'll love the action during spring break and the summer, but come september they roll up the sidewalks and the place is dead till spring.
        I outta know, I've lived there off and on since the '80s.

Comment

Well I don't care if it gets boring in the winter, it's probably more lively than North Eastern PA at any time of the year.

I can always head down to the Keys then anyway.

Comment

You do realize its a 12-13 hour drive from Panama City Beach to Key West, right?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I'm going to take one of those magic flying machines when I decide to go to the Keys.
              I think it's called 'the aeroplane'. I believe it's a contrivance of those two ratscallions Orville and Wilber Wright.
              Or perhaps a derigible, they're significantly more comfortable, but I'm reluctant, what with the Hindenburg and all.

To further sweeten the deal, one of my father's friends lives down there, and he's offering me a nice chunk of change to help him for about 5 hours a week reviewing webpages for his condo/beach-house rental business...which will give me kickass health insurance that I won't have to pay for, and the ability to go to the Keys or Puerto Rico on vacation for free from time to time.
              Last edited by Nick; 03-01-2007, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Why would anyone fly to Key West with visiting intentions, it's like you intentionally want to lose yourself in the middle of old people :p

Fly to Miami or Ft.Lauderdale :)
                Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Well since I'd essentially be retiring, maybe I want to loose myself in the middle of old people.

I'm seriously tired of most people my own age...we're so retarded.

Comment

Might as well kill yourself, fla is crap.
                    Sorry TJ....
                    Yours truly,
                    Rich
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Rigmaster
                    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                      You do realize its a 12-13 hour drive from Panama City Beach to Key West, right?
                      It doesn't cost shit to fly down though.
                      Yours truly,
                      Rich
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Rigmaster
                      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

When we were making arrangements for the flight, I had a US airways voucher that I was trying to use. They agreed to honor the voucher. I said, "How much for two round-trip tickets to Panama City?" the woman said..."$2000 for just one of you"....I laughed at her, and said..."I could get first class tickets for the two of us for that much via Expedia".

My woman's dad owns a travel agency, we worked a deal ended up getting the tickets for $700/pc. through Delta.

Comment

fly to miami, then drive to the keys, those long bridges are pretty cool.

There are alot of old people and gays in key west, but I had shit loads of fun down there, and im not old or gay.
                          90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

I know about the old people and the homos.
                            The old people don't bother you, really, aside from driving down Duval St. at 20mph in their Bentleys,

And the homo's don't really bother you either, aside from Fantasy Fest, and as long as you know what stores NOT to go in and you have a tolerance for their questionable attire.

My parents have a condo in Key West, I've been there alot and I like it.

Basically I just want to lay in a hammock by the ocean and relax.
                            I'm looking to slow things down a little, and to be able to enjoy life at a relaxed pace.

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                              fla is crap.
                              you know, Florida is actually a nice place to live, but its the damn stupid people that tried to make a shit load of money buying 10 houses that made owning a home impossible. im glad that those scumbags are hurting right now and they are going to have to foreclose the house. Also insurance is INSANE! But overall i would much rather stay in South Florida then any where else.
                              NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Working...
                              X