Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much can I paypal someone with a CC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much can I paypal someone with a CC?

I'd like to pick up an engine from a private seller on ebay. It's most likely going t be ~$3k. I'd rather use my credit card instead of my bank account, and pay it off in 2-3 weeks from now (it's a low interest card anyway).

Anyway, I'm just worried I'll bid and win, and not be able to pay in full with my credit card. I didn't know if there was any limitations as far as the fact that hes a private seller - not a business, that I'm pulling a huge amount from my CC, or the fact that I'm paypal-ing that much.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

that should tell you if you have a limit.

AFAIK, if you have a premier account, you don't really have a sending limit- it's only if you have a personal account that you might have a limit.

I'd email the seller and ask if they have any payment restrictions that might cause you a problem with this plan.

Bret

Comment

Excellent. I was looking for something like that... Guess I missed it.

Thanks

Comment

Dammit I'm pissed. Paypal's site sure it buggy for the largest online transaction site in the world. I'll click a "view more" button in the help section to learn more about a certain topic, and it takes me back to the main page.

Even in the help section it tells you to go to account overview, then click "view limits". It even provides a link to the correct "account overview" page. Well, when I get there, there is no fuckin link for limits. Anywhere. I seriously spent about 2 hours on that site.

This kind of shit pisses me off, for the fuckin fee they charge not only should the have a correct, working "view limits" button, but they should shlob my knob as well.

I'm just not even gonna buy the engine, the fee will be over $100 anyway. I'll find one local or something, this is a fuckin waste.
        Last edited by JGood; 03-26-2007, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Yeah.. that particular bug has a specific name in the web design community but I can't remember what they call it. I too have had that problem.. not so much with the "view limits" button but when I attempted to integrate paypal's "Pay Now" button on to my buddy's website I tried looking for the instructions but every link led back to the overview. I would click the link that says, "Add a PAY NOW button to your website!" and then it would give me the overview and by the time I scrolled down to the bottom of the page there was a "more details" link but all it would do is take me back to the "Did you know?" page.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
            Dammit I'm pissed. Paypal's site sure it buggy for the largest online transaction site in the world. I'll click a "view more" button in the help section to learn more about a certain topic, and it takes me back to the main page.

Even in the help section it tells you to go to account overview, then click "view limits". It even provides a link to the correct "account overview" page. Well, when I get there, there is no fuckin link for limits. Anywhere. I seriously spent about 2 hours on that site.

This kind of shit pisses me off, for the fuckin fee they charge not only should the have a correct, working "view limits" button, but they should shlob my knob as well.

I'm just not even gonna buy the engine, the fee will be over $100 anyway. I'll find one local or something, this is a fuckin waste.

Yeah, their site is really buggy- especially the help dialog stuff. Did you try the "slob on my knob" button???? :)

Paypal fees are charged to the recipient of the $$$, so this doesn't affect you- if the seller says he'll accept paypal, then he should know about the fees involved.

What kind of engine?

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot about that, duh. Well, I still don't see a "view limits" button, ANYWHERE. The help page tells me where its at, and I look, but there is just no button or link or anything to do with limits.

It's an s50 engine/trans. 114k miles, lightweight flywheel, turner software, ECU, wire harness. 13k mile clutch/flywheel. Mobil 1 always used.

It's $500 to ship, and about 10 hours away, and I've got a busy schedule, so I don't think I can get it either way anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X