golf ball size hail is on the way.. im F'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golf ball size hail is on the way.. im F'd

i hate texas. it sucks so bad. so whats to do when the hail comes?
    im from California. so i don't deal with hail.
    any ideas would be good. if it does come down my plan is to drive to the car wash.

Get some pillowes and a tarp. Tape the pillowes to your car to hold them down, then secure the tarp over the whole car tightly. Or a parking garage ftw.
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

damn texas weather..im moving to dallas in august. my needs help around the house since shes getting old. i say buy one of those enclosed car tents. thats probably what im gonna do when i move there.
      AWII 1991 318is - Sold
      Schwarz 1988 325is - Sold
      Schwarz 1991 325i - Driven

Comment

One HAIL of a Friday the 13th...

damn, I just got home from the shop. We had cars packed in there about an inch from each other. The hail was not that bad, about the size of a dime or so. The tornado sirens were going off as well. However there were reports of tea-cup sized hail outside of Ft. Worth. Hail, second only to tornados, is the shit I most hate about Texas' weather......

I've heard of people putting pillows under a car cover and still finding a few dings.

Comment

It was like 80+ today.....sucks for you. ;)

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
          1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
          1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Find a friend who's got a spare spot in his garage.

I love having a garage.

Comment

I lived in Decatur, IL for most of my life till i moved back here. I remember a storm that came through with hail a little bigger then a golf ball and smaller then a baseball. That was a sight to see and hear

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Pictures on second page, second post. Towels FTW!!!

Comment

i had an old spare matress for just this while living in appartments in atl

Comment

a local e46 guy...

Originally posted by LAFENGAS View Post
                    from a couple years ago

i was sleeping under that comforter about 5 minutes before this picture was taken.
                    Originally posted by Mr Watsonsilver
                    driving boards?

Comment

find a near by bank or gas station. the trick is to get there before the hail starts.
                      1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
                      DILLIGAF

Comment

I was getting ready to move from West Texas to Maryland. The packers were at the house, packing all my crap up. The garage was the last to get packed, and is where they had staged a bunch of other boxes, so it was pretty much full of junk. This was to be my last day in Texas.

Hail storm blew in, accompanied by tornado sirens and such. It moved FAST, and there was nothing I could do - there was no room for the car (a 1996 Impala SS) and there was no where to go.

Every single body panel was dented - hood, trunk, roof, all four doors, the fenders, the quarter panels.

Repair bill came to over $6k.
                        John in MD - 1991 318is
                        190k miles and still rolling!

Comment

It started hailing out of no where on Tuesday, only the 3rd or so time I've ever seen hail in FL. It was small so no damage done to the cars, thankfully.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

A microburst sent golf to baseball size hail through my town last summer. I was working at the pool at the time and just had to sit and watch from the guard shack while my car got pelted. Hood and trunk lid have about 40 dimples each, but the rest of the car turned out ok with just a few dents.
                            Back to my roots

Comment

There's a parking lot structure that stays open 24/7 at a Kaiser Permanente. Parked it there once when we had a hurricane warning (for MD wtf).

Not the safest place to leave it, but its not far from my home and it saved my car from falling tree branches and such. Probably going to leave it there tomorrow, we have a big storm coming this way.
                              Reminiscing...

Comment

Working...
                              X