09 F9 11 02 9d 74 E3 5b D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

09 F9 11 02 9d 74 E3 5b D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Whoops - I just did a (edit) no-no - can anyone guess what it is?
    Last edited by george graves; 05-01-2007, 08:23 PM.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

you used a lot of numbers and letters together in a random pattern?

you should be arrested before you kill someone. seriously

Comment

You posted the string of hexadecimal codes that will supposedly unlock 99.9% of all Blu-Ray and HD-DVD discs in existence.

Comment

Does it have something to do with your sig.?

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          You posted the string of hexadecimal codes that will supposedly unlock 99.9% of all Blu-Ray and HD-DVD discs in existence.
          ding ding ding ding -

Comment

this is one of those virus scammer things ehh?

Comment

The movie studios are shitting their pants right about now.

They can change the code, but it leaves the possibility of the new codes being cracked in no time, because they would still follow the same basic structure. And also, if they were to change it, it could cause HD DVD players to be unable to play discs that would come out in the future with the new codes.

I heard about this a few weeks ago, word travels fast in my industry.

Comment

computer babble...... yippee.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

nerdz

thats cool, ill write that down

Comment

unlocks it... meaning...?
                    Dan

Comment

Standard DVD's came out with a simular encription - but weaker - it was hacked in no time at all. (think the guys name was "DVD John"...or something)

The "encription" on the disk makes the one's and zero's seemingly random. Unless it has licensed software or a chip in it "blessed" by the movie studios you can not read the disk.

Back then, the old encription was considered "un-crackable" - and now the same things has happened.

What it boils down to is that the movie studios do not want you to make a back up of your DVD's - they hope you scratch the hell out of them and have to buy new ones. And they want control of what devices you can play your movies in.

Oh, and they don't want illegal copies...Meh..

I just find it funny...what were they thinking!!! OF COURSE someone will hack it...
                      Last edited by george graves; 05-01-2007, 08:37 PM.

Comment

i wonder what kind of format/standard will be next....after bluray and hddvd

Comment

Video will go the way of the MP3 - no physical format at all - no "media" - just files.

Then the "files" will become a "container" unique to you - each and every copy will have it's own license number, registered to just you...so if you share - they know, and when someone else tries to play it - it won't work...that's what they are hoping.

In the rush to martket, they diched the idea for Hi Def DVD's...

Comment

The funny thing is that the people that they are worried about are the ones who can easily crack the codes and then make a zillion copies and sell them all over the world. The rest of us who just want to be able to loan out our movies without worrying about them being lost, stolen, or otherwise destroyed are the people who will not be able to do that. The every day joe who does not want to have to buy a new DVD every time it gets scratched is no threat to the industry.

Comment

I wonder how many people really even cared about Blue Ray? Standard DVD is good enough for me. I can never rent the full screen version of a movie, though; I can only watch in widescreen...

Comment

Working...
                              X