No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a few of my Marlin I just got from my father for free. He bought it in 64 for about 65 bucks, With the case but not the scope. He got the Bushnell scope a few years later. The gun is in amazing shape! Ordered 5 more 7 round magazine's and plan on making a large ammunition order along with a cleaning kit very soon.

Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone on here have a R770? how do you like it?

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dont have one but have shot a few the trigger feel on all of them was total shit.

Spend the extra bucks and stick with a rem 700 action

That marlin is bad fricken ass and in Gorgeous shape. congrats
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-30-2009, 07:38 PM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Anyone have experience with the taurus PT145 pro?
          1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
            Anyone have experience with the taurus PT145 pro?
            I have the 40 and I love it. Only thing I can really complain about is having to fire the pin when disassembling it for cleaning. $299 at Academy. The 45 must have mad recoil. Better feed your forearms spinach...

Comment

After I find the $$ for my Glock, I think I'm seriously gonna pick up a .22 with a scope for plinking and fun.... They look fun as hell.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
              Originally posted by DTM190
              "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                After I find the $$ for my Glock, I think I'm seriously gonna pick up a .22 with a scope for plinking and fun.... They look fun as hell.
                Everyone should have a .22lr pistol and rifle. A pistol is especially nice though because you can easily bring it anywhere, ammo is cheap/light, and its not that loud.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Well, I'm hoping to get a .40 S&W Glock, not sure if I want the "C" model or not yet.

But I know I wanted to get into long rifles eventually and a .22 would be a nice simple and cheap entry. Down the road I can get my hands on an R700 :D

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                  Originally posted by DTM190
                  "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Posted here so not to start some conspericy theory or government cover up.

A good sign for gun owners........

NRA-ILA GRASSROOTS ALERT
                    Vol. 16, No. 51 12/30/09

Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the "lobbying" arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Last week, the FBI issued its preliminary 2009 crime report, showing that the number of murders in the first half of 2009 decreased 10 percent compared to the first half of 2008.
                    If the trend holds for the remainder of 2009, it will be the single greatest one-year decrease in the number of murders since at least 1960, the earliest year for which national data are available through the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Also, the per capita murder rate for 2009 will be 51 percent lower than the all-time high recorded in 1991, and it will be the lowest rate since 1963 - a 46-year low. Final figures for 2009 will be released by the FBI next year.

According to gun control supporter dogma - "more guns means more crime" - the number of privately owned firearms must have decreased 10 percent in 2009. To the contrary, however, the number rose between 1.5 and 2 percent, to an all-time high. For the better part of the last 15 months, firearms, ammunition, and "large" ammunition magazines have been sold in what appear to be record quantities.

And, the firearms that were most commonly purchased in 2009 are those that gun control supporters most want to be banned - AR-15s, similar semi-automatic rifles, and handguns designed for defense. The National Shooting Sports Foundation already estimates record ammunition sales in 2009, dominated by .223 Remington, 7.62x39mm, 9mm and other calibers widely favored for defensive purposes

Also indicative of the upward trend in firearm sales, the number of national instant check transactions rose 24.5 percent in the first six months of 2009 compared to the first six months in 2008, the greatest increase since NICS' inception in 1998. Through the end of October, NICS transactions rose18 percent, compared to the same period in 2008.
                    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Dub I love it, how much do you think that will be played up in the news anywhere????

All in the midst of the worst economic down turn in 80 years, where money and jobs are getting tight, you see people still spending on expensive guns all time high prices for ammo, and not killing each other over jobs with them.
                      \
                      WOW the brady's have it right dont they
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

I was reading some staggering stats on ammo sold in the last year. Figures were based on a 750rd case or some such. There group who conducted the study figured there was a staggering amount of ammo sold last year. Like in the 2.5 to 3 billion round figure. I'll have to see if I can find the article today.

I cannot find the article I was referring to above. But in the interest of good quality info I submit what I did find below.

According to the NSSF as of Nov. 2009 there were ammo sales, from domestic manufacturers, of $46,157,400.88 . I don't know if Surplus ammo is included on the sales side of the equation. But if you figure .40 a round, estimated average, it comes out to 1.15 billion. I figure my estimate of .40rd may be high due to not having info for amount of .22lr sold this year.
                        Last edited by Quadrajet; 01-01-2010, 04:44 PM. Reason: Found info

Comment

Great news. Good to see the freedoms Americans enjoy result in positive things when people are responsible. God bless America.

I ran into a friend last night at dinner who is a gun fanatic and confirmed I need to start saving for a Ruger MkIII. I want my gf to start shooting too, and think her style would be a pink camo P22. (http://www.impactguns.com/store/698958030264.html) Her work friends are into shooting, and would be a good hobby to share.

Hopefully soon enough:

I have read that they are good at fitting small hands like my gf's.
                          Last edited by rwh11385; 01-01-2010, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Good for you heatter. You really wont be sorry. I Know I have seen pink 32acp and 380acp pistols around not sure about the .22 or the .25

William Pitt-

Comment

All ccw permit holders read this

Seems even with a vaild permit, you can be detained at gun point nearly arrested and have your weapon and permit confiscated by a govt thug (cop) at their whim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not a good sign I guess 2 steps forward 1 back

They now have a case law Precedent

Examiner has transformed into a major player in financial news. Think stocks, crypto, banks - if it's about money, it's on Examiner.com.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                Seems even with a vaild permit, you can be detained at gun point nearly arrested and have your weapon and permit confiscated by a govt thug (cop) at their whim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not a good sign I guess 2 steps forward 1 back

They now have a case law Precedent

http://www.examiner.com/x-5619-Atlan...awful-carriers
                                At some point a police officer, J.B. Stern, who lived up to his last name, caught a glimpse of the attorney's pistol, and he leapt out of his patrol car "in a dynamic and explosive manner" with his gun drawn, pointing it at the attorney's face.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of the main responsibilities of carrying a concealed handgun license keeping it concealed? That puts it all on the attorney. He was irresponsible according to the statutes of legally carrying a concealed handgun and therefore put his own self in that stupid ass situation.

and LMAO at an officer actually being stern whilst addressing someone who is armed, let alone being "dynamic and explosive".

Comment

Working...
                                X