Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that bull pup shotgun? looks neat.

Can anyone identify this round? I found it when I was in high school, and have always wondered what it is. Never plan on using it seeing as that could be dangerous. Just use it as a paper weight ;)

It says bxn and 54 right near the primer.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

7.62x54r looks like. Simple google search revealed it.
      "ammo stamp bxn 54"

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
      Originally posted by DTM190
      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Looks like 7.62x39 to me?

7.62x54 is way longer than the round pictured

Comment

The rim is different on a 7.62x54. 7.62x39 would be my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by dlmpsy View Post
            The rim is different on a 7.62x54. 7.62x39 would be my guess.
            Thats what I thought. Just wanted to double check. Thanks guys.
            sigpic
            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Another toy of mine.
              Attached Files

Comment

This is 7.62x54r. i don't have any 7.62x39 for a side by side comparo, but this is what it looks like, for those who haven't seen it or used it. This is a rimmed cartridge, hence the r in its name.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0246.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	7128631

Comment

my most recent acquisition.

Comment

Another toy of mine.
                    Beautiful Para FAL!
                    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerteck View Post
                      my most recent acquisition.

Another beautiful firearm. :p

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                        Is that bull pup shotgun? looks neat.

Can anyone identify this round?

It says bxn and 54 right near the primer.

54 is the year that was made, that is 7.62x39

Comment

Another toy of mine.

Thats what I'm talkin about. You put that one together yourself? I've been looking at an FAL for my next rifle. I can't decide if I want to buy one of the Imbel DSA rifles and adding a para lower or just saving up for a long while and pick up a new SA58 para carbine.

Comment

Just ordered a H&K P2000SK. Can't wait to get it in and head to the range. First HK, my wallet doesn't like it, but I'm sure I will.
                            alexw
                            (2) E30 tourings - sold, E30 M3 - sold, 89 325ix sedan, 91 318is slicktop
                            Wisconsin Members!- Join WiBimmers.com, Wisconsin's BMW community.

Comment

Another toy of mine.
                              Thats a gun I would love to own!
                              If i did not have all my money invested in my m20 swap this year I would love to buy a PTR 91 model like this.

I hate living in Cali lol! So frustrating.
                              It's weird. Even the LGBT comunity has a very active gun club in SF, and Cali gun laws still suck.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                                Thats what I'm talkin about. You put that one together yourself? I've been looking at an FAL for my next rifle. I can't decide if I want to buy one of the Imbel DSA rifles and adding a para lower or just saving up for a long while and pick up a new SA58 para carbine.

I ordered the Para from DSA in honor of the expiration of the Clinton AWB. At the time magazines were very cheap and readily available, fortunately I managed to stock-up.;)

Deutschman, I thought about getting a PTR-91, never got around to it. Should be a fine weapon.

Here's my P2000SK, 9mm.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X