Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dsphil
    replied
    The K31 was a good rifle and my favorite. The action is smooth and fast. Hardly used in wars and most of them are in very good condition. Recently there is a bunch of 1911s (not the Colt) out there. Way better than Mausers even though I had few of them.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    I am down to being able to fit one more long gun in the ol safe, so I need to choose wisely. Adding a safe is out of the question without having a basement. Decisions decisions.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    I am fancying a Swiss K31. I really am starting to enjoy shooting non semi auto rifles, and milsurp’s really apeal to me..... even if they have never been fired in anger.
    I've wanted a K31 since I saw them on IragVeteran8888 channel.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumrarechicken
    replied
    Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    I am fancying a Swiss K31. I really am starting to enjoy shooting non semi auto rifles, and milsurp’s really apeal to me..... even if they have never been fired in anger.
    That's what makes them cool, they are actual history. I had a mosin that more than one person said had brain matter or at least blood on it for a while, guy offered me $600 bucks for it and I quickly said ok!!

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TimeMachinE30
    replied
    Originally posted by rob View Post
    currently in jail for 7 days.

Kind of an impulse buy, local pd trade in. Its a 40 (gross!), da/sa (yuck!), and plenty of holster wear (gross!), yet i'm totally stoked. I wanted a 40 (don't have one), da/sa for mantisx dry-practice, and i totally dig pieces that look like they've actually been carried and used. I picked the one with the best da trigger out of the bunch, almost as nice as my 92f.

Also got a nice safariland als (6377) holster in on the deal.

Oh yeah, how much? $240 out the door. Couldn't resist
    a1. Do the shiny basketweave too?

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied

Leave a comment:

• deutschman
    replied
    Anyone have an idea where I can find a stock for a 1897 Winchester pump? I tried Google and everyone is sold out or its some $600 custom piece of Turkish hardwood. I also checked eBay but there inst much there and its all 7+ day biding wars. Im not looking for perfect just a shooter grader stock.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob View Post
    Well, Del-ton* had a weekend sale for a mid-length kit for $299 and I couldn't resist. So I'll have a complete blaster for sub $400. Gotta love supply and demand!

*caveat - I know I've spoken negatively about them in this thread, but only in the context of a duty/LE role. For me, it'll be a range toy that gets shot 5 times a year if I'm lucky.
    So far one guy in our consortium training has over 2k rounds through his without issue.
    Still agree with our prior conversations though, I wouldn't want it as my go-to option for on duty shootings/stand-offs..

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    Well, Del-ton* had a weekend sale for a mid-length kit for $299 and I couldn't resist. So I'll have a complete blaster for sub $400. Gotta love supply and demand!

*caveat - I know I've spoken negatively about them in this thread, but only in the context of a duty/LE role. For me, it'll be a range toy that gets shot 5 times a year if I'm lucky.

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    Yeah I actually really like the Scalarwork setup, but I have a carry handle sitting in a drawer somewhere...

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    Can confirm. DD fixed rear sight is awesome. Almost makes me want to build a irons only gun around it. I just don't like how bulky their front sight is.

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied
    Nice!!!! Mid-length gas and most likely a proper sized port, I bet it will shoot really well!

I think I've settled on what I might do with the lower I have sitting around (man I love the builder on arfcom): KISS dissy, irons only, fixed stock, etc. Thoughts? It'll be a range blaster and that's about it.

I would just go with Daniel Defense or Scalerworks fixed rear sight. I personally love an old school A1 rear stock with a QD socket added, light and clean/simple.

A KISS rifle is a must

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Nice!!!! Mid-length gas and most likely a proper sized port, I bet it will shoot really well!

I think I've settled on what I might do with the lower I have sitting around (man I love the builder on arfcom): KISS dissy, irons only, fixed stock, etc. Thoughts? It'll be a range blaster and that's about it.
    Love my KISS setup. Only thing fancy is the Giessele SD-E trigger.

BCM upper, Colt lower, Colt BCG. Poor man's commando.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    ^move to a free state :D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X