• Show
Clear All

• Ryan...
    replied
    Thanks guys, I'll look into those!

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    The Mark IV is so much better just for cleaning over the Mark III. The moment you start to get fte, you can literally break it open, remove and wipe down the bolt, and extractor, oil and put it back together right in the shooting lane in under 1 min. Makes it so much more enjoyable than putting up with a dirty Mark III because you need to take it home to clean it. It also makes shooting higher round counts more fun. I go through at least 300 rounds every time I pack mine.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Watch a video on cleaning one of the MKI/II/III The MKIV has a new design and much easier to clean.

I have a SR22 pistol from Ruger. Mine came threaded from the factory and a great host for my suppressor.

If possible, try to get a 22 suppressor, it will help with new shooters as well.

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    Get a couple cans. Only answer.
    Been on the list for a long time. I almost gave the credit card a workout when SiCo was running their buy one get one deal a couple months ago. I had more pressing expenditures at the time and I really prefer the offerings from Dead Air.

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    I second this. The mark IV is an awesome .22lr. Easy to shoot and clean. If your girlfriend doesn’t like it, you will. Perfect training pistol. Anytime I start to feel myself flinching or anticipating out come the Mark IV. The target model is what I have and am very happy with it. Has a heavier barrel and aluminum fram vs the 22/45. Feels like a old school BB gun that you pumped 2x more than recommended. They are also very accurate. Just keep it clean and run decent ammo. Also for a few just a $$ you can add a hoop to back of slide to aid in charging it. I have not shot one, but the buck mark is just as good I am sure. Both have been around forever for good reason.

Rural King had a special not long ago on the buck mark for $269 after rebate I think it was. Worth checking into.
    R/gundeals is a great place to watch around the holidays. Worst time of the year for disposable income, but great for gun deals.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    I second this. The mark IV is an awesome .22lr. Easy to shoot and clean. If your girlfriend doesn’t like it, you will. Perfect training pistol. Anytime I start to feel myself flinching or anticipating out come the Mark IV. The target model is what I have and am very happy with it. Has a heavier barrel and aluminum fram vs the 22/45. Feels like a old school BB gun that you pumped 2x more than recommended. They are also very accurate. Just keep it clean and run decent ammo. Also for a few just a $$ you can add a hoop to back of slide to aid in charging it. I have not shot one, but the buck mark is just as good I am sure. Both have been around forever for good reason.

Rural King had a special not long ago on the buck mark for $269 after rebate I think it was. Worth checking into.

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
    Ruger MKI/II/III/IV or Browning Buckmark. Some people scoff at them because they're a target pistol and not "tacticool", but they're two of the best .22 pistols out there for beginners and pros alike. I prefer the Rugers due to the aftermarket support, but it's personal preference. Plus they tend to hold their values over the pot metal guns from Walther or Sig should you choose to sell it. My wife loved shooting my Ruger MKIII and was pissed when I sold it.

Another option would be a slide conversion for your Glock. Advantage Arms and Tactical Solutions make the better known versions, but reports are very mixed on the reliability. That said, a lot of the reliability concerns with .22 stem from ammo quality.
    Last edited by naplesE30; 11-06-2018, 02:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Get a couple cans. Only answer.

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    Recommendations for a cheap plinker .22 for my girlfriend?

About a year ago I had her shooting my Glocks, then one day the noise and "snap" got to her, and now she's too afraid to go shooting again. She goes to the range with me and enjoys watching, she gets close to shooting, then gets too scared.

I want to pick up a small plinker to ease her back in, but I don't want to spend a lot in case it doesn't work.

I know the common Sigs and such, but does anyone here have a personal recommendation I should look into?
    Ruger MKI/II/III/IV or Browning Buckmark. Some people scoff at them because they're a target pistol and not "tacticool", but they're two of the best .22 pistols out there for beginners and pros alike. I prefer the Rugers due to the aftermarket support, but it's personal preference. Plus they tend to hold their values over the pot metal guns from Walther or Sig should you choose to sell it. My wife loved shooting my Ruger MKIII and was pissed when I sold it.

Another option would be a slide conversion for your Glock. Advantage Arms and Tactical Solutions make the better known versions, but reports are very mixed on the reliability. That said, a lot of the reliability concerns with .22 stem from ammo quality.

Leave a comment:

• acolella76
    replied
    For clarification I don’t hate PSA. My beater gun is a PSA/Anderson lower haha. But it is weird when people put a $1,500 upper on a $50 lower.

I have a Walter P22 and imo it is the best trigger I have ever felt out of the box in a .22. Plus it is super ergonomic and easy for smaller hands. Definitely worth looking at

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Recommendations for a cheap plinker .22 for my girlfriend?

About a year ago I had her shooting my Glocks, then one day the noise and "snap" got to her, and now she's too afraid to go shooting again. She goes to the range with me and enjoys watching, she gets close to shooting, then gets too scared.

I want to pick up a small plinker to ease her back in, but I don't want to spend a lot in case it doesn't work.

I know the common Sigs and such, but does anyone here have a personal recommendation I should look into?

Leave a comment:

• TimeMachinE30
    replied
    Four forgeries.

All the stuff we tend to use comes from the same oversea factories. It is the middle man who just upsells it. PSA ad Anderson are fine...

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob View Post
    TeXJ - I put my first together with a swiss army knife and pair of pliers. Good for you sourcing the right tools :P
    Thanks! I did mar it a little when putting in the bolt release pin..The friend that came over also had some Aluminum blueing stuff...basically made it back to black.

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
    Oh that is pretty cool. Something about putting in on an M&P lower just doesn't seem right though haha. At least it is not Anderson or PSA.
    I just got a PSA...lower and upper...I guess it's going to blow up on me now.

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    TeXJ - I put my first together with a swiss army knife and pair of pliers. Good for you sourcing the right tools :P

Leave a comment:

• acolella76
    replied
    Oh that is pretty cool. Something about putting in on an M&P lower just doesn't seem right though haha. At least it is not Anderson or PSA.

My plan was to buy a Honey Badger for myself as a graduation present... But now I am getting impatient and might just do it. Treat yo self.

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    You guys see the sig rattler conversion?

Definitely on my list.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Just completed my first AR lower build. The upper was shipped completed. Had to have a friend come over to finish the buffer and brace cause I dont have an armorer's tool thing or a torq wrench. Also, I'm not a real big fan of FDE...but hopefully for $350(minus optic, Romeo5) that I spent on this...I think it will grow on me.

Pic is hosted on photobucket, really need to find a better solution. PB has gone down the hill.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X