No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wrestled a 250 pound safe up 4 flights of stairs and into my apartment.

At one point I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

That said, I pulled if off in about 30 minutes using a board to slide up the steps and a small hand truck to wheel it around. Fuck me I never want to do that again.

Now I'm going to get some beer, then go back home and stare at my sweet victory. That is if I don't have a heart attack.

EDIT: Fuck... not big enough. Its barely deep enough to fit the AR with Eotech mounted. It will do for now but not much room to stretch. I had it all perfect and then realized I have about 250 7.62x39 rounds to put in yet. Going to have to make a few more shelves methinks.

Word of advice, if you're looking at a budget safe and considering the 10 gun at dicks, spend the extra $100 and get the 16 gun. That said, this thing is in the apartment now so it is staying. The ratings on these things is a joke. The only way you're getting 10 guns in here is if you are loading it up with bolt action rifles and shotguns (no pistol grips), no optics mounted, and no ammo or extra mags.
    Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 04-09-2014, 06:10 PM.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

It's my birthday :D

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post

Check out his other stuff too... There's one where he makes some candied bacon on a Saiga 12 barrel... and eats it raw.
        That guy looks like he should be eating all that food instead of wasting it..

Comment

I just wrestled a 250 pound safe up 4 flights of stairs and into my apartment.

At one point I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

That said, I pulled if off in about 30 minutes using a board to slide up the steps and a small hand truck to wheel it around. Fuck me I never want to do that again.

Now I'm going to get some beer, then go back home and stare at my sweet victory. That is if I don't have a heart attack.

EDIT: Fuck... not big enough. Its barely deep enough to fit the AR with Eotech mounted. It will do for now but not much room to stretch. I had it all perfect and then realized I have about 250 7.62x39 rounds to put in yet. Going to have to make a few more shelves methinks.

Word of advice, if you're looking at a budget safe and considering the 10 gun at dicks, spend the extra $100 and get the 16 gun. That said, this thing is in the apartment now so it is staying. The ratings on these things is a joke. The only way you're getting 10 guns in here is if you are loading it up with bolt action rifles and shotguns (no pistol grips), no optics mounted, and no ammo or extra mags.
          Exactly. I had my brother help me move the 24 gun safe up my flight of stairs. Taking the door off helped a ton, but that sonofabitch was still over 300lbs. Anyway, I can fit approx 5-6 long guns on one side and as many handguns as possible on the shelves. I keep all of my ammo in my old gun cabinet which is just a stack-on 16 gun model. I could live if someone stole all my ammo (I'd be pissed) but don't want to lose my guns, those are relatively safe.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
            It's my birthday :D
            Happy birthday man! $490 deal of the day for my Shield with all the goodies, call it a gift to yourself. You know you want it!

Comment

Check out his other stuff too... There's one where he makes some candied bacon on a Saiga 12 barrel... and eats it raw.
              I laughed at "clipazine".

Comment

My current carry XDM9 13+1 but it also has an extended mag for 19+1. It's carried in a crossbreed ITW holster and loaded w/+P+

S/W airweight .357 Mag. My other carry if I'm more casual and don't want to wear a holster.

kimber Pro Carry also w/ a Crossbreed ITW.

Delta Elite 10mm

XD45

This is just what I have pics of. Also have rifles and a BUNCH of gear ie 1st, 2nd and third
                Line gear.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                  Happy birthday man! $490 deal of the day for my Shield with all the goodies, call it a gift to yourself. You know you want it!
                  Shhhhh don't do that to me lol.

https://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/v...?f=18&t=191345 Doing this on Sunday. AZ guys come out!

Moral of this story?

Comment

What do the baby XDMs look like with the 19 round in them? I had a full size for a while.

Moral of this story?

Comment

You guys following this shit in Nevada?

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...

Moral of this story?

Comment

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ion-escalates/
                        Can't say I know enough about how the BLM operates to comment on the legality of their presence. However I will say that based on the aggressive lunges some of those people were making towards the officers, they deserve to get tased. Come at any sort of officer in that fashion and KICK at a K9 unit they should be considered lucky they didn't get shot dead on the spot.

Comment

Dear god, why?

Moral of this story?

Comment

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ion-escalates/

outright bullshit! Over reach of Federal gov. Hope it does not turn out like Ruby Ridge.
                            Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Ehhh, it's only a Glock. :D

Comment

What do the baby XDMs look like with the 19 round in them? I had a full size for a while.

Much harder to CCW with that mag.

Comment

Working...
                                X