Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
    Yeah, I'd have to find one used but a 4inch would make me happy.:) But this begs the question, why is everything cool and awesome discontinued!?!? Colt quit making DA revolvers, Smith quit making the snub nosed 460, BMW the e30... I'd love to buy a new detective special but they've been long discontinued. The Colt Magnum Carry was basically a modern 357 capable dick special but alas, very limited production... Python...
    From what I've gathered Colt's DA revolvers would be prohibitively expensive to produce them with the same quality and attention to detail. Internet conjecture though...

Comment

^Yeah, I've seen that... It just seems like Colt has lost touch with the gunbuying public. With the recent article in BusinessWeek about Colt not making money and going into bankruptcy again, I'd think that they would really interested in what the buyers want. Its more than just AR15s, 1911s and a few SAAs... I've heard that Smith's J frame is the biggest seller for them, and that Ruger has done really well with the LCR, hell, my mom just bought one. (nice little gun) I think a modern detective special would be a hot seller.
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
        You guys seen the XD Mk.2 yet? I want it.
        I have. My wife has the previous model (XD compact in 9mm). Nice weapon.
        Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

^Yeah, I've seen that... It just seems like Colt has lost touch with the gunbuying public. With the recent article in BusinessWeek about Colt not making money and going into bankruptcy again, I'd think that they would really interested in what the buyers want. Its more than just AR15s, 1911s and a few SAAs... I've heard that Smith's J frame is the biggest seller for them, and that Ruger has done really well with the LCR, hell, my mom just bought one. (nice little gun) I think a modern detective special would be a hot seller.
          -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Colt tried to all but abandon the Commercial Civilian market in the 80's and 90's to focus more on Law enforcement and military sales. This has left a very very bad taste in the mouths of the gun buying public. IMO colt has ALWAYS been over priced and over rated in my life time and coupled with that move away from the public to the govt will likely always leave a tainted opinion of them in my mind to go else where for my firearm needs. I am not the only one either. S&W tried this as well though not to as great of an extent, and they have now gone back the other way, and back to making shit consumers actually might want or need for a mostly reasonable price point
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

That and the fiasco about smart guns in the late 90s/early 2ks and the public boycotted them!

Their loss of the m16(or M4? Can't remember) contract to FNH sure doesn't help their bottom line...
              -Christian

Comment

So I just bought a Gen 4 Glock 23 in OD Green to replace the Gen 4 Glock 19.

A few pages back I mentioned shooting both guns side by side and being significantly more accurate with the .40S&W Glock 23 than the 9mm Glock 19.

Photo for reference:

Now to decide if I want to keep the Glock 19 or just sell it.

All Gen 4 Glocks will be pulled from the California Roster at the end of this year and will no longer be legally sold in CA (from what I've read). There is a craze for all Gen 4 Glocks right now, so selling will be easy considering I've had the Glock 19 less than a month now. But I can't help but wonder if keeping it would be the better option.

I bought the Glock 23 for future CCW as well.
                world renown Harry Potter expert
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                  So I just bought a Gen 4 Glock 23 in OD Green to replace the Gen 4 Glock 19.

A few pages back I mentioned shooting both guns side by side and being significantly more accurate with the .40S&W Glock 23 than the 9mm Glock 19.

Photo for reference:

Now to decide if I want to keep the Glock 19 or just sell it.

All Gen 4 Glocks will be pulled from the California Roster at the end of this year and will no longer be legally sold in CA (from what I've read). There is a craze for all Gen 4 Glocks right now, so selling will be easy considering I've had the Glock 19 less than a month now. But I can't help but wonder if keeping it would be the better option.

I bought the Glock 23 for future CCW as well.
                  Rarely is selling a gun like this a good deal.
                  ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

My 300BLK build has begun!

My Noveske 8.2" barrel arrived this week. Have 1 thousand brass and projectiles on the way as well! Just need to snag some dies now
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Sell me on the Walther PPS for ccw.

Because I'm already sold. I want one so bad.

EDIT: Nevermind, I bought the PPS in .40 anyways.

I think I'm going to stop buying handguns for at least a month.
                      Last edited by phreshkid; 11-24-2014, 12:59 PM.
                      world renown Harry Potter expert
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                        I think I'm going to stop buying handguns for at least a month.
                        Haha I bought one then another very quickly after also! How many are living at your house now?
                        -Christian

Comment

I'm planning on picking up a surplus hi power once I'm done with holiday shopping. I also want a ridiculous handgun again. I was thinking something in .460 or .50ae. I miss the 44 mag I got rid of a couple years back.

Comment

460 smith or Ruger Alaskan in 454 Casull

For pure ridiculous get the backpackers canon a 3 1/2" smith 460 out of the performance shop with no compensator or the Alaskan (also available in 44mag)

With the 460 you have some more cost effective more readily available cartridges at your disposal. Namely the 45 Long Colt, in and loading you want form the uber hot and heavy custom loads to Buffalo Bore +P+ heavy game rounds, to off the shelf light cowboy action 3 gun loads. Or you have .454 Casull in any loading you want, since the S&W 460 is a 45 cal in a very large casing. Obviously this goes for the Alaskan as well just not exceeding the max pressure specs on the Casull or using the 460 cartridge lol
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by xAZxE30x View Post
                              My 300BLK build has begun!

My Noveske 8.2" barrel arrived this week. Have 1 thousand brass and projectiles on the way as well! Just need to snag some dies now
                              Nice! Pistol or SBR?
                              -Christian

Comment

Nice! Pistol or SBR?
                                It will go on my SBR lower I have already until i get it's lower approved. I don't like the idea of keeping it on the same lower as the 556 gun
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X