No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a giggle switch so Ill just hip bump fire it and recite popular movie stars as I unload into the berm.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
      Mag dump? Like this?

In.
      I had to re-watch that because I didn't even see the brake blow off during the last mag the first time lol
      '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
      '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
      '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
      '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Good news for washington today eh?

Gov signed the SBR law thing.

Reminds me that I need to save money for another AK74 to turn into a AK105.
        willschnitz

Comment

So, I have a interesting scenario here. My Dad is coming down to camp out with us for the weekend. I won't get into details, but we didn't talk for about 6 years and have been patching up our relationship for the past 3. It's been pretty awesome reapproaching things from an adult's perspective and mending the family.

Anywho.

My Dad is a PA resident, and he is bringing down a few toys that he has been holding onto to give to me. Am I wrong in thinking that we can go to any VA FFL and do the transfers? Looks like under federal law he would be allowed to ship them himself to a FFL in my state, so would delivery in person be an issue?

The ones I know of are:

-Old German K98 Mauser with original bayonet. He said he bought 3 of them years ago when he came across them. One for himself, one for me, one for my brother.

-Colt 1911 Carry (don't know specifics, but it's a .45 compact 1911 so I will probably be replacing my LC9 as daily carry)

There's one that he is undecided on bringing down. It's a weapon I have very fond memories of growing up, and I have voiced many times that I want it as a family heirloom to pass down. (Purely because he does from time to time sell guns off if he doesn't use them.) It's a absolutely beautiful blue 6" Colt Python. He asked me last night if I really wanted it, and I told him I did but I completely understand that he would want to hold onto it. I'm at least hoping he brings it with him for a range visit.

Anywho, back on topic, thoughts on transfer scenario?
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

If he is passing them down to you there is no FFL needed. If he does not want to travel with them on his trip to you, he can also ship it to himself with out a FFL. Unless your local state rules are different, but in the free world its not needed. He would have to ship via UPS, USPS will not ship firearms.
            Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^^^ it is illegal for a non-licensee to ship handguns through USPS, but perfectly legal to ship long guns.

additionally, it is legal for a 01 licensee to use USPS for handguns to another licensee.

Comment

USPS will ship long guns....

Like dub said since its a direct family to direct family pass, there is no FFL needed no form 4473 needed and he can transport those those items perfectly fine though MD and DE under Federal transport rules.

Just so long as they are unloaded and secured in the trunk or out of reach of the driver (IE pick up truck or SUV) in a locked case and the ammo is stored separately... Better yet bring them with no ammo at all to avoid that snag all together. He just cant stop for any reason in those states other than for fuel, or emergency's while he has weapons in transit that would make him a "temporary state resident" subjective to stupid state laws.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Popping the second target from the left on the set of gongs under the black bar. Hit most of them.

Super happy with this rifle, if you guys want an AK id buy one now, prices are set to go up, most manufacturers are coming out with newer lines that they want $800-$1500 for.

Just happy this thing appears that it will be accurate to 400-600m which is what I want for when I get the PO3.5x21p optic for it later.
                  willschnitz

Comment

AK builders need to stop teasing 9x39 and actually make it so my erection can go away, or ill have to call a doctor.
                    willschnitz

Comment

got out again this weekend. Not as out of practice with a pistol as I would have expected, was hitting 10"x12" plates at about 30yd consistently with my 45. broke out the LMT and got it figured out and back on target
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Well, since the transfer was across state lines we had to go to an FFL under federal law. Anywho, good to go!

The 1911 is a nice little gun. It's a Colt New Agent, I'm unsure about the trench sight, but will find out for sure this weekend. I'm not one to add a laser to anything that didn't come original, but I get the feeling a CT grip would serve well here.

The Mauser is pretty interesting. Haven't gotten a chance to clean it yet, but on initial inspection the bore looks to be in very good condition. Only matching numbers are the receiver and the stock, but the bolt has the receiver number engraved into it, which from my understanding means that it was checked and matched.

It's a BCD 42 rifle with Nazi emblems all over. I'm big on history, so I'm pretty excited about this one. Can't wait to load it up and try out some 8mm.
                        No E30 Club
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Also, I can't believe how smooth the action is on the Mauser. It's really quite impressive! I was expecting it to be rough and notchy, pleasantly surprised.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

Theres a reason the mauser action is still the most popular action for bolt guns.

Love the way they operate.
                            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              Theres a reason the mauser action is still the most popular action for bolt guns.

Love the way they operate.
                              That controlled feeding, mmmmmmm, soo smooth you can't tell the difference between loading a round and cycling it empty.

That's really cool it has Nazi eagles and stuff on it. I'd love some WW2 German stuff
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Going to sling some lead Friday night. Now if I could only find reasonably priced 8mm. Seems to be over $1/round.

This Colt excites me the more I handle it.
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X