No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ out of curiosity does your department allow S.A. guns? I was out at our local sheriffs range this weekend and a deputy told me they are not allowed to carry S.A. guns as primary or backup weapons out of PR perceptions. Just wondering if that's a common thing or not.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
      ^ out of curiosity does your department allow S.A. guns? I was out at our local sheriffs range this weekend and a deputy told me they are not allowed to carry S.A. guns as primary or backup weapons out of PR perceptions. Just wondering if that's a common thing or not.

is that for single action?
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Yes. In his words they don't won't the negative public perception of a visually cocked weapon in a holster. They allow stiker fire and DA/SA weapons only.

Comment

Oddly enough i was just looking into buying an old colt 1911. I want one thats old and a piece of history though. I have a thing for the old guns used during the great wars.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I too would like a World War 1911, 1 or 2, dont care
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd

Comment

We don't have anything saying we can't, I just don't know that anyone would actually choose to use one. Our Chief has the final say on any weapon we purchase though, so he could make that decision.

There's 1 officer left in the county that carries a revolver, he's been in law enforcement for 42 years as of January :D

Yes. In his words they don't won't the negative public perception of a visually cocked weapon in a holster. They allow stiker fire and DA/SA weapons only.
              Not surprising, especially given the current climate regarding law enforcement. Sometimes it'd be nice to hear the brass publicly say that the perception of people and/or their ill-informed opinions of our job wasn't going to be the deciding factor in their decisions. Just once...
              2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

dang, 42 years

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                  Just ordered myself a new Gen 5 Glock 17 with the AmeriGlo sights :)

It will be replacing my department owned Gen 4 Glock 21 duty gun. It was a good gun, but 'twas time to upgrade!
                  Let me know how you like the Gen 5. I'm considering getting a 34 to enter the world of Glocks for the first time.
                  89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                  I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by superj View Post
                    dang, 42 years
                    Yep, he's good shit. Retired twice but keeps coming back because he enjoys it!
                    Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                    Let me know how you like the Gen 5. I'm considering getting a 34 to enter the world of Glocks for the first time.
                    I'm still waiting for it to arrive so I can put more than 20 rounds through one. My holster made it from Israel before this company even shipped the gun :/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Brought a few new toys to the range today. Traded my fnx 45t for a Keltec RDB and picked up a Marlin 336xlr. The Keltec ran great with the exception of not being able to sight in the romeo5 I bought for it. No clue where the rounds were going even at 25yrds. Frustrating as hell. The Marlins iron sights worked great, 2" groups at 50yrds without a bench rest were good enough for me. I was also surprised how well my Eotech held zero on the ar after having removed it. It was only off by .5 MOA. Not to shabby Eotech.

Comment

Thats freaking badass. Retired twice and came back. People can dream of being that kind of person, retire and still be badass enough to come back and do your job well. Than retire and do it again.

I work in aviation, for the army. I should have 40 years when i am 65. Thats lots of helicopter fixing

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                          I'm still waiting for it to arrive so I can put more than 20 rounds through one. My holster made it from Israel before this company even shipped the gun :/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                          Haha fair enough. I have plenty of experience on waiting for stuff...cough cough atf
                          89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                          I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Thinking of buying a larue ar in .308 or 6.5 creedmoor. Might do the suppressor too. Now i just need to start drinking so it will happen

Comment

Forgot to mention that last Monday I bought a TriStar Raptor from Walmart for $295. It is a semi-auto shotgun with camo forend and stock.

I took it out and shot some of my high brass duck loads, like 5 of them, then tried some low brass clay shells(cheap walmart stuff) and it wouldn't cycle.

Then I put about 40-50 rounds through it of the high brass stuff and then tried to shoot the low brass stuff again, they cycled very well.

Really am impressed with this gun. Will be a great clay/dove/duck gun. I'll still have my 870, but this will be my go to.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

Well I guess this is why I couldn't get the Romeo5 sighted in. I was prob off by a few feet!! Lol. Guess this one is going back to optics planet.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X