Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post
    Beyond rad gift! I am still in shock. My Dad is just like NBD, says he would rather I have it and put some rounds though it occasionally for fun than for it to just sit in his closet not being used at all. I've got a buddy who has wanted to get a piece for a while, and another friend who is an Iraq vet that hasn't shot since he left the Army, maybe this will inspire one of them to pick something up so we can go plinking.

My Dad seemed shocked I wanted to put the effort into doing it legit, his plan was literally that, to just mail me the thing in pieces. I was like "yeah, uh, no." Ohio is like that too, no registration at all for pistols and no paperwork for private sales.

I put far too much money and effort into getting out of conservative states to ever go back to one, especially when you compare crime statistics between where I lived in Ohio, Michigan and Florida to where I live now, or even where I lived in Los Angeles. If I still lived in Ohio I would feel the need to carry, here I do not. I like guns and shooting, but I like the benefits of living in a progressive state far more.

Yeah, I just tried calling the Bureau of Firearms and was unable to get any info or a live person to find out what I have to do, looks like I'll have to locate a dealer, I think there is one in my city. I am hoping I can just do the new resident form and ship it in, then it will only be $20 bucks and no dealer involved, but it is intended to be used within 60 days of moving here, where I have been here for 5 years. Ohio has no registration at all, so at this point the gun is technically mine and there is no transfer of ownership going on within CA, so I am simply bringing my own weapon in. I'm guessing I will have to go through a dealer though, that was what my old roommate in LA had to do shipping her 9mm Taurus in from Ohio a few years back, but I imagine a dealer is going to default to that since they stand to profit from it, even if it ends up technically being beyond what is legally necessary. Yeah, totally not worth any risk, my Dad was all ready to just mail me the thing, he carried illegally for many years, but its just not the 70s-80s anymore.

Can't wait to get it!
    you old man needs to ship it to a gun shop in your area, call around to see what their fees are. There are lots of dinner table ffl's that would really love your business.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
      Euro I have not shot either so take my opinion for what's its worth, but I try to buy guns that serve a purpose that a current gun I own isnt well suited for. The Scar would seem redundant, unless you went with the 17. In your case I would lean towards the ps90 or a x95. The ps90 as Sleeve stated is able to perform roles your AR and a Scar may not be as well suited for. I bought a keltec rdb a little while back and have been happy with it. Long term I will see how it holds up. I was able to equal trad in a pistol for it, otherwise I would have gone with the x95. My thought was bullpups would be scrutinized and re-classed as a sbr before an AR would be banned. Sorta like slidestocks are currently being looked at. Also, the rdb survivals look pretty versatile as well.

Vincent, sadly I would trust a lgs more than the schmuck who answers your call at B of F. The gun store is more apt to know the law as their livelihood rides on them following the law perfectly vs the govt employee who has no accountability should said govt employee give you some bad advice.
      All your bullpups have 16"+ barrels, they will never be sbr's. Physical length of the gun doesn't matter it's all about the barrel

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post
        I put far too much money and effort into getting out of conservative states to ever go back to one, especially when you compare crime statistics between where I lived in Ohio, Michigan and Florida to where I live now, or even where I lived in Los Angeles. If I still lived in Ohio I would feel the need to carry, here I do not. I like guns and shooting, but I like the benefits of living in a progressive state far more.

haha wait so if you live in a conservative state, that means it has higher crime?

I live in a very nice neighborhood that when I bought my house 9 years ago, it was right at $100k. Not expensive by any means. I've left my garage door open many of times to come back to all my tools, my pit bike, my air compressor all still sitting there.

Oh, and if you want to keep your liberal ideology, you can keep your ass in the cesspool of comi-fornia.
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
          All your bullpups have 16"+ barrels, they will never be sbr's. Physical length of the gun doesn't matter it's all about the barrel
          NEGATIVE GHOST RIDER.

Per the NFA 1934 to be in compliance and not have to get a tax stamp and go through all those hoops. A Rifle MUST have a 16 inch Barrel and be 26 inches in over all length......

Brick..... Your father will likely have to take the pistol to an FFL in his area and ship to an FFL in your area that is willing to accept the shipment for you, as IIRC only FFLs can ship pistols across state lines With the exception of shipping your own weapon to your self, across state lines but I am still 95% sure you have to ship to an FFL where you are going to receive it.... It will have to go via Common carrier Like UPS or Fed Ex. IIRC will have to be over night as well. I know Long guns can be shiped USPS to your local FFL but not Pistols. Once your FFL has it and has it logged into his system, You will have to go in and fill out a Form 4473 and any other paper work required by your local/state govts and meet your states waiting/cooling off requirements and what ever other Liberal BS you have to contend with. Then you will also have to pay the fee charged by the FFL you chose for his time to process the paperwork and use his license to receive your weapon on your behalf.....
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-05-2018, 03:37 PM.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            NEGATIVE GHOST RIDER.

Per the NFA 1934 to be in compliance and not have to get a tax stamp and go through all those hoops. A Rifle MUST have a 16 inch Barrel and be 26 inches in over all length......
            And that right there is why I just get stamps, I forgot about the stupid 26 inches, and the length a pistol can or can't have a vertical grip and how the atf says a brace can be shouldered which is the same as an sbr but somehow a brace that is used just as a stock is, isn't a stock. Stupid ass rules setup by stupid ass people.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              I would someday love to get a PS90 and SBR it w/ a can..... Best Home Defense weapon you can get outside of a 12GA, in that form. IMHO........ 5.7x28 is expensive but can be found for fairly reasonable from time to time, but is a great all round close range round for pistol and cases where a PS90 would be useful for other than paper punching. The 50 round stock ammo capacity might be handy during Z-day too ;)

SCAR is a good weapon but for the money there are better more standardized modular caliber weapon systems out there (unless your a lefty). And if your wanting 556 in cool form factor, IWI Tavor is the way to go for that if you ask me.

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
              To me it would basically come down to how much are you going to shoot it?

If you are going to put a lot of rounds through it the Scar would probably make more sense since 5.7 is about twice as much as .223/5.56.

I'd probably get the Scar but then again you'd be buying an ugg boot that is 4 different shades of tan :p

(Are you just getting the Scar for a cool factor...sorry if I missed anything said previously)

Euro I have not shot either so take my opinion for what's its worth, but I try to buy guns that serve a purpose that a current gun I own isnt well suited for. The Scar would seem redundant, unless you went with the 17. In your case I would lean towards the ps90 or a x95. The ps90 as Sleeve stated is able to perform roles your AR and a Scar may not be as well suited for. I bought a keltec rdb a little while back and have been happy with it. Long term I will see how it holds up. I was able to equal trad in a pistol for it, otherwise I would have gone with the x95. My thought was bullpups would be scrutinized and re-classed as a sbr before an AR would be banned. Sorta like slidestocks are currently being looked at. Also, the rdb survivals look pretty versatile as well.

Vincent, sadly I would trust a lgs more than the schmuck who answers your call at B of F. The gun store is more apt to know the law as their livelihood rides on them following the law perfectly vs the govt employee who has no accountability should said govt employee give you some bad advice.

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
              I wouldn't get a scar, I've shot a couple and they are just ok, they really don't shoot 556 better than an ar. I'd add a 90 to my sbr collection but the P&A of the ammo is a huge deal breaker for me. It is an awesome little round though. Tavor's are cool because they are a pretty good bullpup. Honestly I'd be looking at other stuff like an Uzi, psl 54, zatsava m70, or a cz bren. You can get 2 damn good guns for the price of a scar

Thanks for all the input. I would indeed just be getting SCAR cause its cool. Would only be used as a range toy. Since i already have a 5.56/.223 personally dont see the need for another beside cool factor. If I got the PS90 it will no doubt get a 10.5 inch barrel and can along with most likely a vortex razor optic.

The main thing pulling me from the SCAR is the cost and fact i already have an AR that has wayyy more parts availability and modding that can be done.

I think my mind has been made up and the PS90 will be ordered likely at the end of this week or next just depends if any unforeseen expenses pop up between now a payday.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                Thanks for all the input. I would indeed just be getting SCAR cause its cool. Would only be used as a range toy. Since i already have a 5.56/.223 personally dont see the need for another beside cool factor. If I got the PS90 it will no doubt get a 10.5 inch barrel and can along with most likely a vortex razor optic.

The main thing pulling me from the SCAR is the cost and fact i already have an AR that has wayyy more parts availability and modding that can be done.

I think my mind has been made up and the PS90 will be ordered likely at the end of this week or next just depends if any unforeseen expenses pop up between now a payday.
                Well you better go ahead and order up a five seven as well!! It's only a matter of time. Your not gonna have one without the other. Post pics when it comes in.

Comment

Well you better go ahead and order up a five seven as well!! It's only a matter of time. Your not gonna have one without the other. Post pics when it comes in.

Will def post pics. Not sure how long it will take to get the can for it but hopefully have the barrel not long after i get it.

Part of me wants that pistol but I’m Glock fanboy and really want a G21

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

^ It's the northeasterners that move to states like FL and TX to escape taxes and regs, but then vote for the very political philosophies that lead to the situations they are fleeing that are a problem!!! That is my rant.

this is exactly what our problem in texas is right now. people fleeing northern and western crappy states and then getting into the city politics and boards and putting the same shitty rules they left, in place here.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post

This was my feeling when I shot a Scar 16. Super cool, but it doesn't do anything 2x better than an AR. The cost/value ratio is heavy on the cost side. The Scar 17 on the other hand at least has the benefit of being one of the lightest 308 battle rifles out there. If the 17 was in the running for you, that is what I would recommend. The PS90 is badass too.

I've been going through a PCC phase lately and was strongly considering a Kriss Vector in 10mm. I've been waiting 5-6 years for LWRC to release their SMG45, but I think I'm not holding my breath. Really like the B&T APC45 but the cost of the gun is twice the cost of my last E30 lol.

Comment

I like Jeeps, e30s, guns, and I have a new baby on the way...im screwed haha
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

yup. I was in the same boat a number of years back. luckily, my kids are all teens and the jeeps are sold.

Comment

I've had my jeep longer than the wife, e30 just got it last year...thinking of selling it to get a newer car, i.e. safer for the little one.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

My first car. Was just thinking about possibly getting another cj lol. Great minds think alike...... I need to get some hobbies that make money instead of costing it!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

That's an awesome CJ! Those things are getting expensive.
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
                                X