Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    The bank i go through (first national bank of omaha) dropped the NRA. I have half a mind to pull all my cash out and go else where just cause they dropped the NRA. They did it souly on from the Twitter rants they were getting.
    Word is that banks are wanting to deny transactions from going through on gun purchases too. Wow... so now I'd just have to pull cash, big deal. It's just the thought that a bank or CC takes it upon themselves to try to deny

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
      Word is that banks are wanting to deny transactions from going through on gun purchases too. Wow... so now I'd just have to pull cash, big deal. It's just the thought that a bank or CC takes it upon themselves to try to deny

Thats the dumbest thing ever. Id just pull cash and put on a debit gift card and use that

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        The bank i go through (first national bank of omaha) dropped the NRA. I have half a mind to pull all my cash out and go else where just cause they dropped the NRA. They did it souly on from the Twitter rants they were getting.
        If you do you need to let them know why you are pulling your money.

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
        Uh yeah. The Constitution sates that the three inalienable rights are "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness", and the Bill of Rights is a list of said liberties.
        For some reason they aren't seeing it as such

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        ^
        Thats not how modern people "interpret" those words ..................

Just sayin
        Yep, never thought I'd have the argument over alienable vs inalienable...then some dude on twitter stated that unalienable and inalienable are two different words....not from my quick research.
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I have no problem with stores deciding not to carry certain models or selingl to anyone under 21, or dropping the NRA. While I dont agree with them, that's their prerogative in a capitalist system and proves legislation is not needed. That's how our system of governance should work. The free market will weed out which companies descision are best. In most states age discrimination is only applied for discrimination for people over a certain age, not under.

Shot my x5 this morning and wow does it soak up the recoil. Feels like shooting something between a 22lr and 9mm. Very happy with the purchase.
          Last edited by naplesE30; 03-03-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
            I have no problem with stores deciding not to carry certain models or selingl to anyone under 21, or dropping the NRA. While I dont agree with them, that's their prerogative in a capitalist system and proves legislation is not needed. That's how our system of governance should work. The free market will weed out which companies descision are best. In most states age discrimination is only applied for discrimination for people over a certain age, not under.
            I agree

Shot my x5 this morning and wow does it soak up the recoil. Feels like shooting something between a 22lr and 9mm. Very happy with the purchase.
            x5?
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd

Comment

^Sig p320 x5 fullsize

Comment

Well think of it this way, you take the wife/GF/Date out to a nice eatery for special dinner, and they inform you that they will only serve alcoholic beverages to people over 27. Because too many college kids in the area get drunk all the time and a a couple of them have gotten DUI's and they think that 21 year olds should not have a glass of wine with their Pork Tenderloin Calvados.

Will that affect you or I on our trips to said establishment ( depends on if we are dating the baby sitter or not ) but in general NO it will not, and it will not hurt the business much since most people between 21-27 dont eat there but they will get sued and LOSE. But if your allowed to purchase something by law and there is nothing to warrant barring your from buying it. Like being already drunk and trying to buy another bottle, or making threatening remarks while buying a gun or a knife, chainsaw or similar, its not up to a store or corporation to say what I am allowed to buy or not buy....

That said with the way firearms are in the narritive in todays world (thank you progresives taking over education) it will be allowed to continue and this "undesirable right" will be all but gone by the time I am getting planted.....
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-03-2018, 12:18 PM.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

While I get what you are saying I'm not sure they would lose a lawsuit. 25 for a rental car is universally accepted, but no law mandates it. It is a state, by state law for age discremintation I believe. The hypothetical restuarant may be sued if they serve one group under 27 while refusing another group under 27 espc if said group happens to be a minority.

Comment

^
                    You surely can rent a car at under 25, its just very COST prohibitive and plenty of insurance outfits rent people under 25 cars when theirs is being repaired.

If there is no law barring your from buying something and with out a good reason, you can get sued for not selling to a particular party based on some discriminatory thing. Look at the Bakers that are big fans of Jesus that refused to make a cake for the Homo's getting "married" on the grounds that its an abomination of "their idea of faith" and have been in court ever since......

Oh then there is this

If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

^Lol by the way what's pork tenderloin calvados.....it sounds delicious as well as racist towards muslims.

I think we're of the same opinion that this is the whole trouble with protected classes. It's too arbitrary as to who is and isnt part of a class/minority/etc. That's why I say let the economy figure it out. Govt creates problems to put in place shitty resolutions to problem that didn't exist.

Comment

It sounds like we may all be okay though. Trump met with NRA and then came out and said NVM we dont need gun control.

Just seen my trigger kit for my lc380 got delivered. Looking forward to seeing how that changes things

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

^Lol by the way what's pork tenderloin calvados.....it sounds delicious as well as racist towards muslims.
                          Where does the Mohammad fall into this........

Chowhound is the site for food nerds - from expert chef tips to culinary how-to's, helpful ingredient lists, baking science, and more.

Similar to how I make it once in a while but I dont do the onion-pancette, and I generally braze the pork. Its a lot of work so when I get a hankerin for it there is a good place locally that serves it with a massive Center cut bone in Pork Chop that is FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC for 18.95

Calvados is an Apple Brandy from France
                          Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-04-2018, 03:27 AM.

William Pitt-

Comment

I love living in CA where felons are protected yet my right to carry is denied. When is it t too late to stand up against these tyrants? Decades ago... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...dem-mayor.html

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                              I love living in CA where felons are protected yet my right to carry is denied. When is it t too late to stand up against these tyrants? Decades ago... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...dem-mayor.html

Go here:

Then participate.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

I was in Arizona visiting family last week and got to shoot a ton of cool stuff, including my 93-year-old WW2-vet grandfather's M1 and 1943 1911, and a bunch of other 1911s including a Kimber .460 Rowland (can post pics if anyone is interested). Had a blast, sent pics to my Dad, and out of nowhere he decides to give(!) me his early-'00s Kimber Pro Raptor with a Jackass and belt holsters, several mags and a bunch of other stuff. He says its "beat up" from years of daily carrying, but it just looks like some typical wear in the pic he sent, has had less than 100 rounds through it. My first handgun, I am beyond stoked, now I just have to spend this week figuring out how to legally get it into California (he is in Ohio).

My Dad specifically doesn't want me carrying it, and I feel little need to carry where I live anyway, so I don't have much dog in the CCW fight. Dad always carried, even illegally before CCW, but he stopped after Sandy Hook, let his CCW expire and has now gotten rid of everything but his snubnose .38 and a couple shotguns. Something about Sandy Hook really affected him, he said if he ever had to draw a weapon and things went south he wouldn't be able to live with it. He's pushing 70 now, I can respect that.

Had to tell someone since I am all excited and shit but don't have any friends into shooting. :)
                                Last edited by Vincent Brick; 06-19-2018, 08:04 PM.
                                sigpic
                                1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Working...
                                X