X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    6.5cr, .308???? Do tell do tell.

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
    IIRC it's because the AR15 is a restricted rifle while the AR10 isn't, or less so. Canadian laws are as well thought out as the laws in the states.

Speaking of nonsensical laws, my Tac14 just arrived at my FFL. Will post pictures and poor impressions when in hand.
    Bingo. The AR10 predates the 15 from my understanding, thus it isn't a version of that platform so isn't restricted by name.

We've got plenty of non-restricted semi's up here it all caliber's from stuff like XCR's in .223, all the way up to .50 BMG bullpups. There's zero logic behind it, and seems like the metric used to determine classification isn't shared info. Manufacturers here do their best to predict how the RCMP will evaluate and send off a prototype unsure what it'll come back as.

Comment

^

Gotcha I had no idea it was goofy, I was always under the impression if it looked like a evil "SEAL GUN" it was a no no. I must say I am glad to know thats not the case as the AR10/SR25 varriants are great platforms, I love my 308 LMT.....
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

More modern ones are restricted, SR-25 for example is a restricted up here, which both myself and my wallet are thankful for. I might work up a load for this one if I consider putting a new barrel on, but for now minute of man is plenty.

Comment

How much do svt-40's and the other Soviet stuff we dont have much access to sell for up there?

Comment

Just ordered an 11.5" BCM upper for my SBR. Selling my 6920 upper to replenish funds.

6920 upper
            Cut and parkerized fsb (still original pinned block, no clamps)
            BCM KMR Alpha 15 rail
            PEPR quick disconnect scope mount
            Buschnell 3-9 AR scope with bdc.

Asking $550 shipped. Doesn't include BCG or CH.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Just sold my XD SC .40...

Now to buy something else...
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd
              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Just picked up a Mark IV target today. Looking forward to some ammo savings. Feels very solid, and well made.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

nice!
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

Lol 22lr Savings??? Of you can find it maybe a little bit Walmart is still rationing here it like it's sugar al la 1943
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

22lr is plentiful here now, dallas area
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

It's cheap and easy to find over here as well. I really wanna pick up a little .22lr plinker
                        -Alex

Comment

I have 5000 rounds of Federal auto match ammo in my safe. 5c a round. Down here Wal-Mart's are still hit and miss on having 22lr in stock, and not a big selection when they do. Plus they still ration it out. I pretty much buy all my ammo bulk online now days. I just give the wife a lil heads up Im spending a few hundred on ammo 2-3 times a year. It's cheaper all around and more selection than in any store around me. That said I make it a point to never walk out of a Walmart without a box of rounds of some sort. A box of 9mm here, 5.56 there. Like a rainy day change jar Lol.
                          Last edited by naplesE30; 06-05-2018, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Yeah you can get just about everything now .22lr wise online. r/gundeals used to be a bad place for the wallet until reddit shut it down after Florida. Most local stores are fully stocked on it as well.

That MkIV looks good. I still miss my MkIII and that was the only time my wife was pissed that I sold a gun. I got rid of it so I could get a stainless MkIII target, but they ended up being out of stock everywhere at the time. Gun money burns pocket holes quick so I ended up with a Kidd 10/22 receiver and barrel instead. Still want a stainless MkIII lol.

Comment

I was torn between the stainless and the black mark IV. The stainless frame is much heavier than the black, which uses an aluminum frame. If it was just me shooting it, I would have gone with the heavier SS version, but kid and wifey will appreciate the lighter aluminum.

The Mark IV breaks down so easily for cleaning it was a no brainer for me. Its literally like taking apart an o/u shotgun easy. Huge if you are shooting a bunch at the range, and need to give the gun a lil love for reliability. I hear the earlier Mark versions would test ones faith when field stripping to clean.

Tex, are you doing away with .40 altogether?
                              I am considering selling my r1 1911 because I just don't shoot .45 that often, but I am sentimental that every American should own a 1911 of some sort.
                              Last edited by naplesE30; 06-05-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Yeah I'm getting away from the .40 caliber. I had my XD and my wife had a sig pro 2020, or whatever it was. She just didn't like the "snap" of the 40. We went and got her an M&P in 9 and she likes it much better. On top of that, I won a g19 in a raffle. So I decided to consolidate and get rid of the 40.

Now I still have my 1911, its a ruger sr1911 in .45. I'll never sell that it was my college graduation present to myself.

With ammo now a days, 9/40/45 are all pretty much the same ballistically.

I'm thinking of getting something between my g19 and my LCP. Or just getting the pistol AR that I've been wanting as well lol. Thinking of going 7.62x39 in the pistol AR.
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
                                X