Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    what shells do you use and which choke do ya run for gobblers?
    hey man, most shots around here are less than 35 yrds so I keep it simple with a full choke and rem nitro turkey no 5 shot. No luck the other day but going again tomorrow.

Comment

nice
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Anybody here know lever actions? Been eyeing up some lately. Always was interested in them, and want to own one.

I'm torn between a .357 magnum and 30-30. Also, I have heard that Marlins have gone down hill lately. I like the side loader feature, and would like to go with that over the tube load.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I don't really need it in 30-30. I do intend to hunt with it, bit that will be with iron sights and under 100 yards so I imagine the .357 would be fine. I also already have a .357 so it would mean one less caliber ammo to buy.
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

pre 1 mill serial number Savage Model 1899 other wise known as the 99.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Winchester 94. I just looked on gunbroker and there are just a few savage 99's in 30 30, tons in savage 300

Comment

but you can shoot pointy projectiles out of the 99 and 300sav other than being hard to get Preminimum ammo for anymore other than around deer season in the mid west and NE is very close in performance to 308, I have one in both 300sav and 308.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Oh man, I love shooting my Win 94 30-30, even in 3 gun!

Comment

Have a ~1969 Marlin 336 in 30-30, it is awesome!

I read reports that their QC was hit or miss during the Remington takeover, but it looks like they are pretty well sorted now. I'd love one of the new 357 models as a Cowboy Assault Rifle!
                  BEERTECH

Comment

I have a newer Marlin 336xlr in 30-30. I love it. Marlin did go through some qc problems when Remington took over but they are mostly ironed out now from what I understand. Mine was a 2016 manufacture and is built well. There are some edges that could be deburred and the lever itself could be filed down on the edges, but it’s good value for the price point. I think the 2012-14 years were the suspect builds. They prob still are not of the quality from the older models but neither are most wheel guns. Hornaday leverevution ammo helps extend the range of the 30-30 out about 250yrds. The nice thing about Marlins is the ability to scope them, and strong action.

Before I bought the 336 I did handle a Miroku and was very impressed by it, but the cost was to high for my useage. It was built great and was more compact and dare I say elegant.
                    Last edited by naplesE30; 04-08-2019, 06:20 AM.

Comment

I have a 2016 made Remlin 1895GS in 45-70 and fit and finish is just fine on it. It is essentially a range toy that I got to hurt my shoulder and hurl fireballs, and it just laughs at the abuse that leaves bruises on me. I have zero concern putting upper end +P/bubbas pissin' hot handloads through it. Most reports indicate that the majority of QC issues that popped up during the move to Remington factory have been remedied. If you can inspect the gun you're buying ahead of time I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Marlin.

Henry makes a great lever action as well, but I too prefer the side loading gate. There is nothing I like about the front tube loading on the Henrys.

Comment

I bought eight CZ P-09s last night. It was a deal that couldn't be passed up, even though it is probably too good to be true. Cocks crossed that they actually ship and the order isn't cancelled. I desperately want to reenact the sexy gun stud meme surrounded by guns in bed with a lactose intolerant twist.

Comment

eight? Like one more than 7? baller!

This is f-ing hot, love a well used 1911. Who built it?

BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post

This is f-ing hot, love a well used 1911. Who built it?

thanks, pistol was built by Mars Armament, it only has around 3k on it, the other one with the rail has Ionbond and 8k and looks new in comparison lol. I even did a 2k challenge (2k rounds, no lube or cleaning) with that one.

Comment

Gun Thread

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                              This advice routinely makes me mutter my way to the door at gun stores-

I say that in jest, but it does irritate the shit out of me when some matter-of-fact gun store employee starts spewing advice to someone that is clearly new and less informed without explaining how many factors there are to consider.

While a shotgun is a super effective defense weapon, over penetration inside a house is just as big if not greater concern than other pistol and rifle rounds. All you have to do is look at buckshot and slug tests on drywall. They will effectively punch through more layers than you're likely to encounter inside your house, and still carry enough energy to be a problem on the other side. I used to have a home defense shotgun before we had a little freeloader in the room next door. Over penetration became a real concern for me and I didn't feel comfortable with the idea of a stray pellet getting away. Obviously shot placement is key, but having 9 chances for a miss per trigger pull made it a less than ideal option for me. Preference as mentioned is huge. Ammo choice is huge. Home layout and neighbor proximity is huge.

I'll get off my soap box now. I don't want it to seem like I'm saying what you're doing is wrong, or suggest you haven't already considered all of this. My concern is when people throw out advice, it can get picked up by a less informed individual who may take it as gospel without knowing better.

Again it comes down to personal preference, but agreed. I'm not advertising where I am to an intruder. I'm also not going to skyblast my SxS out the window like creepy uncle Joe suggests.

I meant more from a multi-layer sort of thing. I know that if you shoot a wall with buckshot, you’re going to blow a huge hole in it. But at least you’re not instantly murdering someone you care about in the next room or couple rooms over while shooting an intruder (see my FMJ story LOL). The cocking topic, I’ve heard stories of intruders getting scared and leaving when hearing the chambering of a 12 gauge but what truth there is to that, I’m not sure.

Personally, I’m a handgun-home-defense person myself (a shotgun is too clunky for my liking in an enclosed area), but I like to throw out multiple options for things to think about. Maybe I wasn’t thorough enough with my explanation, and it made me seem ignorant and speaking on something I wasn’t educated on. But like I said, firearms and home defense are 95% preference. The most important part is to be comfortable with whatever you choose to defend yourself with, whether is a .22 or a .500S&W.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by flyboyx
                              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                              Originally posted by Northern
                              beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                              Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                              Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                              '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                              Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                                eight? Like one more than 7? baller!
                                I actually bought 10 total across two dealers. Unfortunately by the time that they entered the orders the next day, the guns were all out of stock or cancelled. They had CZ P-09s listed for a price that was low enough to assume price error, but high enough that it could have been some weird promo deal or wholesale dumping of excess product. I assumed it was too good to be true, which ended up being the case. My dreams of suggestive poses in bed surrounded by Czechs was dashed.

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
                                thanks, pistol was built by Mars Armament, it only has around 3k on it, the other one with the rail has Ionbond and 8k and looks new in comparison lol. I even did a 2k challenge (2k rounds, no lube or cleaning) with that one.
                                Is that an actual early gun or one of the 1918 repros that Colt did a few years back? Either way it's super rad.

Comment

Working...
                                X