• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idunno I just know the grip is way slimmer
    84 318I Delphin RIP
    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

So I sold the Sig SP2022 today for $500 (rather I gave it back to the guy and he gave me cash instead). I shot it and it wasn't to my liking.............HOWEVER!!!!

I shot a Sig P229 .40cal, along with many other tricked to the max 1911's, including some with optics. My verdict??

I feel like selling all the guns I own and buying Sigs!!!!

I am a total Sig lover! I must have a Sig P229. I also must assume that all other Sigs are awesome as well (all metal framed ones at least) and need them too.

LONG LIVE SIG!!!!

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Sigs are great guns. And feel grat. but for me I just can't shot them for shit. I grip wierd so I have jaming problems but there accurate. I get stove pipes. I love them all but I don't get why I have so many problems with the ones I shot. My brother has a 226 9mm and has no problems and when I shoot it I get stove pipes.

You gonna get the 229?
        84 318I Delphin RIP
        89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
          Sigs are great guns. And feel grat. but for me I just can't shot them for shit. I grip wierd so I have jaming problems but there accurate. I get stove pipes. I love them all but I don't get why I have so many problems with the ones I shot. My brother has a 226 9mm and has no problems and when I shoot it I get stove pipes.

You gonna get the 229?
          I think so. That's what I shot today and loved it. I shot it better than anything else. The only sigs I've ever shot are the SP2022 and the P229. Loved the p229. I should really buy something for carry though.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
          ~ John Adams ~

Comment

The 229s the perfect size. Whitch one did you soot the da/sa or the dak trigger
            84 318I Delphin RIP
            89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Welcome too the dark side my friend :D

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
              So I sold the Sig SP2022 today for $500 (rather I gave it back to the guy and he gave me cash instead). I shot it and it wasn't to my liking.............HOWEVER!!!!

I shot a Sig P229 .40cal, along with many other tricked to the max 1911's, including some with optics. My verdict??

I feel like selling all the guns I own and buying Sigs!!!!

I am a total Sig lover! I must have a Sig P229. I also must assume that all other Sigs are awesome as well (all metal framed ones at least) and need them too.

LONG LIVE SIG!!!!
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                The 229s the perfect size. Whitch one did you soot the da/sa or the dak trigger
                What's your guys opinion on the DAK? I have a P239 that I LOVE (same as 229 but single stack mag), just curious. I personally like dislike DAO in general, but it can't be that bad...

Comment

I dont really like the DAK its weird because the second and all shots after the 1st trigger pull is heavier all though shorter.

I will stick with my DA/SA or Single action only thank you
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Yup the P229 I shot was DA/SA, although I never shot it in DA.

Such beautiful guns. I was so glad that I loved the Sig. I wanted to because I loved the look and feel before ever shooting one and to my delight it was simply AMAZING. If you saw all the guns I was shooting today you'd realize how impressive it is that I chose the p229 above all else.

I think the Hogue grips really ruin the look of Sigs.

*slipped a p226 or two in
                    Last edited by Nicademus; 06-17-2009, 11:58 PM.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

No love for the 220

While I agree with you on the Hogues messing with the lines of it, if you are gonna carry it I will take the form over function approach. As they really do help you hang on the the thing over the wood gripes. I want to get a 220 Elite Carry (the 45 version of the 1st pic you have posted) and will prolly leave the wood grips on it.
                      Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-18-2009, 12:16 AM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        No love for the 220
                        I could have got a P220 instead of the $500 from the guy......I really should have. It would have come with an extra barrel and night sights. He had so many guns to choose from that I was kinda overwhelmed. I would have had to give him money though, it wouldn't have been a straight trade.

I LOVE Nills grips (the grip on the left are Nills)

Sig P210-6

Last edited by Nicademus; 06-18-2009, 12:43 AM.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

I thought about a SAS but they are DAK only and no decocker, an hammer less so no even though its one of the best looking in the sig line

William Pitt-

Comment

I thought about a SAS but they are DAK only and no decocker, an hammer less so no even though its one of the best looking in the sig line
                            Yeah the SAS lacks a lot of the quintessential Sig characteristics.

No love for the 220

While I agree with you on the Hogues messing with the lines of it, if you are gonna carry it I will take the form over function approach. As they really do help you hang on the the thing over the wood gripes. I want to get a 220 Elite Carry (the 45 version of the 1st pic you have posted) and will prolly leave the wood grips on it.
                            I don't have the biggest hands around so I imagine the Hogue on these would be too large for my liking. Similarly I don't like those Hogue slip on grips people are always using either, again too big for me from what I've experienced. I do have a Hogue grip on my AR though :D

~ John Adams ~

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You dont get the slip on ones, you get the replacements. I dont have huge mitts either and the replacement hogues on mine are great.

That and it seems that there is a SAS gen 2 that is just a dehorned version thats normal DA/SA with a hammer.

William Pitt-

Comment

Fellas.... I dont own a gun, and Ive never shot a gun. I plan on going on a couple range sessions with one of my buddies who is a cop, so I can get the feel for it. I plan on becoming a CHP officer or a cop (If I cant get into CHP) within the next year. We're supplied with Smith 4006-tsw .40 cals, but will be responsible for providing our own secondary piece. What would you guys think is a solid gun to buy for now, so I can get some practice, yet have it as a secondary while Im on the job? Key is reliability and compactness and has to be hammerless. I was looking at the Glock G26 subcompact 9mm, since the .40 cal will be the primary.

Im a total newb to guns, so any input is helpful ;)
                                Originally posted by blunt
                                i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Working...
                                X