Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Inherited a winchester model 94 pre 64 judging by serial number its a 1960. Anyone else have one?


    1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top


    Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

    Comment


      What caliber? I was the caretaker of my buddy's 1892 for about a year while he was out of state and they're great guns. I wouldn't personally pay the extra Winchester tax over a perfectly functional Marlin or Henry at half the price, but I would still be happy to own one.

      Lets see them pics!

      Comment


        Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
        What caliber? I was the caretaker of my buddy's 1892 for about a year while he was out of state and they're great guns. I wouldn't personally pay the extra Winchester tax over a perfectly functional Marlin or Henry at half the price, but I would still be happy to own one.

        Lets see them pics!
        Its a 30-30 here are some pics


        1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top


        Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

        Comment


          I am not a 5.56 guy, and have enough projects laying around, and so on.... That said I am SO considering getting one of these and getting a stamp for it for a SBR and of course will then need a 22cal CAN to go on the end of it. Just so Beto can have his name on the NFA register with a SBR attached to it

          https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...-delivery.html
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


          The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

          Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

          Comment


            Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post

            Its a 30-30 here are some pics
            Definitely a nice score. Congrats dude that is rad.

            Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            I am not a 5.56 guy, and have enough projects laying around, and so on.... That said I am SO considering getting one of these and getting a stamp for it for a SBR and of course will then need a 22cal CAN to go on the end of it. Just so Beto can have his name on the NFA register with a SBR attached to it

            I just wish they would have done a better graphic. Like something that was actually Beto-esque.


            Click image for larger version

Name:	NUqceQm.png
Views:	202
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	9870801

            Comment


              Ordered up a dead air sandman-s from silencer shop today. Going with their single shot trust. Hopefully it will be out of jail by this time next year. Figured I better get the ball rolling now as I’m sure the panic buying will be ensuing soon.

              Comment


                Love my Sandman-S
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

                Comment


                  Originally posted by eternal24k
                  Sure fire earplugs are fantastic, but if you're not using noise-canceling ear muffs you're missing out. Howard Leight Impact Sports a a great value compared to Peltors
                  +100%

                  I thought basic earplugs or any cheapo muffs were fine and the electronic ear pro was a waste of money. Then I got a set of Walker's Razor for myself and my wife during a black friday deal a couple of years ago. They were only like $29 a set and now I wouldn't hesitate to spend 2-3 times that for higher quality muffs with more features. The Walker's I got aren't the greatest when shooting indoors, but I'll just stuff a set of cheapo foam plugs in under the muffs to help with excess noise when shooting at crowded indoor ranges.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post

                    +100%

                    I thought basic earplugs or any cheapo muffs were fine and the electronic ear pro was a waste of money. Then I got a set of Walker's Razor for myself and my wife during a black friday deal a couple of years ago. They were only like $29 a set and now I wouldn't hesitate to spend 2-3 times that for higher quality muffs with more features. The Walker's I got aren't the greatest when shooting indoors, but I'll just stuff a set of cheapo foam plugs in under the muffs to help with excess noise when shooting at crowded indoor ranges.
                    Agreed. I wear Walker noise canceling as well. Throw in some foam plugs also when at rifle range for a great combination. I figure each are good for 20db reduction which makes for comfortable prolonged shooting. Just wish muffs were not so damn hot being in FL.

                    Bonus is they actually help hearing steel ring.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post

                      Agreed. I wear Walker noise canceling as well. Throw in some foam plugs also when at rifle range for a great combination. I figure each are good for 20db reduction which makes for comfortable prolonged shooting. Just wish muffs were not so damn hot being in FL.

                      Bonus is they actually help hearing steel ring.
                      help hearing everything, great for running ranges safely

                      Comment


                        I am putting my Sako TRG in 300WM up for sale soon, and poking around before I list it on the big name places. Just dont use it at all, have not shot it since 2016 I think, so its been a dream distance rig for me that I just cant justify keeping anymore since I haven't been able to use it at all, I would have to count up casings but I am betting I have less than 50 rounds though it for a total of about 125 in its life time. If anyone is interested from here, let me know and we can discuss specifics, will only ship FFL to FFL if crossing state lines, and not a F2F transaction .

                        Black TRG42 in 300WM, with less than 200 total rounds thought it, Night Force 5.5-22x56 and several other TRG specific odds and ends, 3k with out glass, 4650 with glass Net to me. This is a lot rifle for the price point, We are talking 1/2 MOA past 1400 to pushing a about a mile

                        P3060102 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                        Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-12-2019, 04:31 PM.
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


                        The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

                        Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

                        Comment


                          Just ordered a BCM 14.5 ELW mid length upper. Now time to start on my lower build. I am thinking about going with an Vltor A5 buffer system using anA5H2 buffer. Any of you guys have experience with the A2 system? For lower I may pick up an Aero lower and plan on using the Geissele 3G trigger group. Not sure on pistol grip or stock yet. Open to suggestions. Should have the upper by the end of the weekend, so I need to order any new parts quickly so I can use as an excuse not to put of Christmas decorations. Also, what is the going rate for a pin and weld job? As I need to get a dead air keymod muzzle break installed on the upper.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                            Just ordered a BCM 14.5 ELW mid length upper. Now time to start on my lower build. I am thinking about going with an Vltor A5 buffer system using anA5H2 buffer. Any of you guys have experience with the A2 system? For lower I may pick up an Aero lower and plan on using the Geissele 3G trigger group. Not sure on pistol grip or stock yet. Open to suggestions. Should have the upper by the end of the weekend, so I need to order any new parts quickly so I can use as an excuse not to put of Christmas decorations. Also, what is the going rate for a pin and weld job? As I need to get a dead air keymod muzzle break installed on the upper.
                            I can't speak to the buffer system, as I've never had an issue with H2/H3 buffers, but I will say BCM grips are the only thing I'll attach to my ARs now. I prefer the mod1, but the mod0 is good if you have itty bitty hands or prefer a small grip, or mod3 if you have very big hands or prefer a larger grip. I don't know your intended purpose, but I wouldn't recommend a Geissele SD3G on an HD setup. The trigger is super fast and light specifically for 3 gun. If it's for a fun gun/competition gun, then it's great at that. For stocks I still prefer the Magpul CTR for it's solid simplicity.

                            This is my newest lego build. I had a spare assembled lower after scrapping my shorty 5.56 pistol build, so I decided to put together my Heat tribute. 11.5" BA barrel w/ FSB and skinny handguards, C7 upper, ATF guy lower and SBA4 brace as I don't plan to form1 a PSA lower. I did stray from the A2 grip because BCM grip is life.

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	M8oOZJ3.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	9888264

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post

                              I can't speak to the buffer system, as I've never had an issue with H2/H3 buffers, but I will say BCM grips are the only thing I'll attach to my ARs now. I prefer the mod1, but the mod0 is good if you have itty bitty hands or prefer a small grip, or mod3 if you have very big hands or prefer a larger grip. I don't know your intended purpose, but I wouldn't recommend a Geissele SD3G on an HD setup. The trigger is super fast and light specifically for 3 gun. If it's for a fun gun/competition gun, then it's great at that. For stocks I still prefer the Magpul CTR for it's solid simplicity.

                              This is my newest lego build. I had a spare assembled lower after scrapping my shorty 5.56 pistol build, so I decided to put together my Heat tribute. 11.5" BA barrel w/ FSB and skinny handguards, C7 upper, ATF guy lower and SBA4 brace as I don't plan to form1 a PSA lower. I did stray from the A2 grip because BCM grip is life.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	M8oOZJ3.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	9888264
                              Nice build. I appreciate the feedback! I am going with the BCM mod3 grip. I love the grip angle of it, and have a big enough hands to palm a basketball, so hopefully it will fit ok.
                              I have a LaRue MBT trigger I can drop in for the time being, until I can hopefully find someone with a SD3 trigger I can try out, this is def a fun/competition build. My HD gun is a 9mm pistol.....neighbors, kids and drywal all dictate that. I may pick up a H3 buffer and then I can play around with weights or throw it in when shooting suppressed if it’s to heavy for normal use,,,,,,, but I run mostly xm193 ammo so I think it has enough power to cycle the H3 reliably.


                              Comment


                                Some black friday gun stuff coming out. Here is a video from Tactical Toolbox.
                                https://www.full30.com/watch/MDIzMDI...1-wlinks-codes
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X