No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrsleeve: true I would not pick a grendel over a .308 if I were compareing them for a SHTF situation due to lack of ammo. But if you wanted a fun AR15 for long range and you don't want tospend the big$ and build an ar10 the grendel would be the way to go imo.

Ammo for the grendel is pricey to and scarce. But 6.8 is also not that common. But that's changing slowly.

If you reload then it no big deal with going with the grendel. Stock up on wolf and just reload the brass. I think the main problem with the grendel is the lack of other ammo companys producing the round there's only 2 major Co. If I recall
    84 318I Delphin RIP
    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Yeah wolf and Lapua are the only 2 that I know that factory load for the Grendel.

Well now that I think about it, I am still not up all the way on AR's

I would like ot know how they are getting around the barrel throat erosion issues you get when you neck down a fat cartridge into a much smaller caliber bullet.

This was the biggest issue with the 6.5x284 F-class wildcat years ago. Its a spectacular long range medium/light weight round and more common then the 6.5x06 due to the exact same case capacity, but easier to covert the brass to take the 6.5mm projectile from 284win. Than necking down twice from 30-06 or necking up and getting thin bullet seats from 25-06. Hell some companies began to sell rifles chambered in 6.5x284. I just kills the barrel's though they dont get nearly as many rounds through them before they are junk.

I wonder what the barrel life expectancy is on the 6.5 compared to the .308 or .223????
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Barrel makers say 10-15k rounds on a chrome lined barrel.

It is a low pressure round. And muzzle velocity isn't that High. I know it suposed to have longer barrel life than the 6.8.

someone on gredel forums stated that there throat was showing wear and the rifle made it to 7k on a SS barrel
        Last edited by 416stroker; 06-24-2009, 06:50 PM.
        84 318I Delphin RIP
        89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Just picked up a new plinker. I got a marlin glenfield mod. 20. Next week I might pick up a 870 or a mossy 500 but idk yet.
          Starting to rebuild the collection with the cheaper guns first.
          84 318I Delphin RIP
          89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
            Just picked up a new plinker. I got a marlin glenfield mod. 20. Next week I might pick up a 870 or a mossy 500 but idk yet.
            Starting to rebuild the collection with the cheaper guns first.
            Pics?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Ill get some up ASAP. Right now Im on my mobile. Its in great shape I think its from the 70s. I put a cheap barska 3-9x40 scope on it should be good enough for squirls and shit. Its so quiet I love it. It sounds like a damn BB gun.
              84 318I Delphin RIP
              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

looking at a M&P15 MOE...

Comment

^^^ switch that to LMT and I would say you made a great choice.

I have not posted in some time and I see talk about Big Bore rifles, here ya go. My .50 Beowulf with an ARMS 58 behind is my tack driver that I did a cammo paint job to. Still a bit wet in that picture.

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

How do you like the beowulf? You hunt with it?
                    84 318I Delphin RIP
                    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

He hunts liberals with it.

Comment

That would one fucked up liberal. It be like his heads inside out eww.
                        84 318I Delphin RIP
                        89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                          How do you like the beowulf? You hunt with it?
                          Its expensive to shoot and kicks worse than my 12 gauge. It was one of those uppers you purchase just because you could. I built that when they were first coming out with big bore ARs. Ive never hunted with it. But I would not mind doing a a little bore hunting with it.
                          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

That's what I was wondering exactly if you did go boar hunting.

Is it pretty much a 500s&w with a small base? Are the cases similar?
                            84 318I Delphin RIP
                            89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

a few pis of my marlin 22LR crappy cell phon pics

84 318I Delphin RIP
                              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

not bad at all cute little guy. Looks almost just like my Rem 581
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X