Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno if this is entirely related but,

I just got back from the apple store and since the new iPhone is out they have a security guard stationed in the store with a handgun. I was browsing around when I noticed that his weapon was blatantly unsnapped. I told the manager I'm not goin back there until they get a security guard that can exercise basic firearm safety.
    <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
    unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Every holster I own dose not have a snap on it. How is it any less safe to have it unsnapped Vs snapped??? Was he waving it around and saying lookie they gave me a REAL GUN???? Whats the big deal????

The bigger question is why dose an electronics store have armed security??????
      Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-22-2009, 07:20 PM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

say what.. :)
        Attached Files

Comment

No as in this was a gun that HAD a snap but it was left undone. the strap was not pulled across the handle of the grip. I know there are holsters that lock the weapon in by the trigger guard and other ways but this was not one of them. I suppose the security was because of the release of the new iPhone.
          <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
          unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

My girl's been asking me what I want for our anniversary present and I think I'm gonna tell her to get me an AR lower so I can build one up. I know that if I get a conventional lower I need to make sure its forged not cast, but what do you guys think about a polymer lower? The cavalry arms lowers just seem really cool to me. Don't know what upper I would mate it to though..

1987 325is - sold
            2001 330i - New DD

Comment

Hey Rainier, I'll have to check this again, IIRC the Yugo Mausers Marked Preduzece44 were built under Yugoslavian control after German forces left. Using all the little bits left over that had Waffenampts.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadrajet View Post
                Hey Rainier, I'll have to check this again, IIRC the Yugo Mausers Marked Preduzece44 were built under Yugoslavian control after German forces left. Using all the little bits left over that had Waffenampts.
                There are lots of differing opinions on this. Some sources say that the Pred44 guns were re-arnenals of war-time guns. Some say that they were 'spare-parts' guns, and others say that they were complete post-war builds that incorperated some but not all war-time parts.
                Personally, I subscribe to the first scenario. The reasoning behind this is that the war-time Croat Army was armed by the German Military. And the German Army almost wholesale abandoned the Balkans during the retreat in 1944, leaving behind thousands of small arms, which is why MG34s and MG42s are still very commonly encountered by KFOR troops in Bosnia. Between the Croat Army, which was absorbed into the post-war Yugo Army and those German K98k's which were left in the region there were perhaps several hundred thousand such rifles. Frankly, there would be no reason to produce more rifles for the small post-war Yugoslavian Army, but there would be reason to re-arsenal existing stocks for approval in the new Army and re-mark them as property of the new Communist State (while also obliterating the German Property mark). These guns were then used as a stop-gap until domestic production was restored, in the form of the VZ24/47 and then the M48.
                The flaw in the second opinion is, where did they get all those spare parts? And why build Mausers when you could just buy some of the almost 7,000,000 K98k's that were forfit to the Allies by the German Government. This is what Israel did afterall. This theory is also flawed by the fact that none of these rifles follow the domestic Yugoslavian pattern which was based on the slightly different (non-German) Czech Mauser which have a slightly different action and thus would require different tooling.
                Then the third prospect is also killed by the fact that none of these rifles follow the established pre-war domestic pattern, such as the shorter barrel, differnt action, and longer upper handguard which distingush all domestic Yugoslavian Mausers. That, and with all the Waffenampts on nearly every component.
                Sorry for the novel, but I am kinda a Mauser freek...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

I hadn't read up on Mauser's of the World in a few years, I bought the Book for a good friend of mine and haven't borrowed it in a while.
                  Here's a pic of my latest acquisition. Not a pre cold war classic. But classic.
                  Last edited by Quadrajet; 01-03-2014, 12:26 AM.

Comment

I really like Galils/Golanis. Century Arms build?

Comment

Yep Golani. I drive E30's. If I spent the coin on a IMI Galil I'd be afraid to shoot it.

As it is that group on the paper was at 100yds with some handloads a friend gave me. I had been shooting some reloads I bought at a Gunshow and was concerned because the Golani would only hold minute of paper at 100. Same ammo in my AR with the scope and the best I could manage was the whole black.

Had to see what it could do with a consistent load.

Comment

Originally posted by Apex381 View Post
                        My girl's been asking me what I want for our anniversary present and I think I'm gonna tell her to get me an AR lower so I can build one up. I know that if I get a conventional lower I need to make sure its forged not cast, but what do you guys think about a polymer lower? The cavalry arms lowers just seem really cool to me. Don't know what upper I would mate it to though..

The cav arms lower is pretty cool. Its super light and very durable; I'd like to have on in my collection. Go to AR15.com and you can read about those as well as anything else gun related.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Well, it technically isn't a firearm but...

It is a non-functioning dummy of a Steyr-Solothurn S1-100 Submachine Gun. They were used, as the MP34(o), by the German Military for Police and Auxiliary duties and are by far my most favorite Sub-gun ever. The Crest on this one denotes a production run from 1942 for the Portuguese Government.
                          If in the unlikely event that Washington State changes its SBR laws, or I decide to go after my Cl.II license, I would like to convert it back to an operational piece; either as a Semi-Only SBR, or a Post-86 'Sample' respectively.
                          Last edited by RainierHooker; 07-23-2009, 02:15 PM.

Comment

OOOOHH! Man I like that. Old world craftsmanship in a subgun, bet it's heavy.

Comment

Where do you go to shoot Rainier?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

I usually go to the Issaquah Sportsman's Club but I have friends with property north of Everett and down in Oregon that I have spent a lot of brass at too.

Comment

Working...
                                X