No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, good point. This simple question kinda spun outta control lol... I still need to start holding some pistols, and I'll ask the locals what they suggest / prefer.

Now.... How about switching gears to the AR realm? I went and rattled off the last of my Fiocchi ammo today, and I think I wanna make some slight upgrades. I'm thinkin PWS FSC556 Compensator, a 2-stage trigger, and a sling. However, I haven't looked into slings or their uses really yet, or triggers. I still wanna dial in the iron sights that came with the gun too... I forgot that I let a friend see the rifle, and when I came back into the room he was adjusting the windage and distance dials lol... fml

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

My Brother used to do that too, except we would be up shooting with all our friends. Invariably I would pick up a rifle that had been "re-zero'd", he found it funny when I would look at the usual suspect.

Comment

lol, yeah it's really obnoxious. I am kinda anal about it, so I want it lined up right, at the correct distance, etc.... The Boulder Rifle club opens to the public every once in a while for a fee, and i was just annoyed that I had payed the fee and spent the time really fine tuning the sights on a bench at the proper range, just to have my friend go buck wild with the knobs lol.... They're still having public days I think, so I need to go get some more ammo and go back.

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Kinda off topic but I was thinking of taking up bow hunting for WT deer. Can anyone recommend me a beginner to intermediate compound bow?

Comment

T o keep your sights where they need to be you can just use a paint pen (or something like it) to place a reference mark on the sight drums. Think of it like torque-striping for sights. That way, you will know if they have been jacked with, and you have a reference for where to move them back to, so you don't have to go through the whole zeroing procedure again.
            As for slings I have the Gear sector 2-point and could not be happier. For triggers I have both single- and two-stage triggers in my ARs and are happy with both. My general recommendation is for range or bench-stand guns two stage wins, but for a truck or bombin-around-the-back-40 guns the single stage wins hands down due to reliability.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Anybody gonna buy these for their glock?
              <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
              unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
                T o keep your sights where they need to be you can just use a paint pen (or something like it) to place a reference mark on the sight drums. Think of it like torque-striping for sights. That way, you will know if they have been jacked with, and you have a reference for where to move them back to, so you don't have to go through the whole zeroing procedure again.
                As for slings I have the Gear sector 2-point and could not be happier. For triggers I have both single- and two-stage triggers in my ARs and are happy with both. My general recommendation is for range or bench-stand guns two stage wins, but for a truck or bombin-around-the-back-40 guns the single stage wins hands down due to reliability.
                Yeah I'll have to make a note on the gun or make some marks once I get it dialed in again. I still dunno much about slings, but I watched a few youtube videos. The specter III I think it was, looked pretty cool and versatile.

Is there any reason for the two-stage to be less reliable? I only ever take my AR out when I have something to shoot AT, and I enjoy taking my time and lining up the shot, even though it's not a scoped rifle.

Comment

I'm not a fan of two-stage tiggers in field guns for two main reasons.
                  First, Two stage triggers have more moving parts, and those parts are smaller and more intricate. Because of this when they get dirty they can be prone to locking up or degraded performance. I have a RRA Two-stage in one of my rifles and it won't release the hammer once it gets too 'gummy' in there. Also since the sear surfaces on two stage triggers are more precise when they get gritty they loose the benefit of a clean break.
                  Secondly, most two-stage triggers have a significantly lower pull than their standard counterparts. While this is a good attribute on a benchrest gun, it can be a liability on a field or 'battle' rifle. There is simply more chance of an AD or ND with a lighter trigger pull. On such a rifle, it must be ready for use at a moments notice, that means round chambered. I personally prefer a heavy, but smooth, pull on my ARs. I polish the sear surfaces so that the pull is nice and constant throughout the pull, but not so much that it lightens it. I prefer around a 6-9lb pull in my 'battle' rifles.
                  Last edited by RainierHooker; 10-19-2009, 03:07 PM.

Comment

So I think Im going to buy a Yugo M72 RPK. Any one have one of those?
                    84 318I Delphin RIP
                    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Thanks ranker, it all makes sense. I prefer the bench stuff but the gun will see more use outside the range. I guess I'm just gonna have to look at a sling and that pws compensator.

Comment

here is a good sling company if you are looking for one....

http://www.gearsector.com
                        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I love, love, love gear sector. I have their G2-PS, ASP, and ASPV slings and love them all. I probably use the G2-PS more than anything. But I use the ASPV on my Vest and keep the SP in a pocket to use when I ground my vest, but not my weapon.
                          Highly recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                            So I think Im going to buy a Yugo M72 RPK. Any one have one of those?
                            Very nice and very heavy for an AK. I'm pretty certain the Barrel is thicker and heavier than a Soviet pattern RPK. And the longer Buttstock I find much more comfortable to shoot with just not as "handy" so to speak. Many of them don't have adjustable Bipods, and you need Yugo pattern sling hardware or fab up a nylon equivalent. Most if not all the front night sights ceased glowing.

Comment

Okay. Still use standard al magazines correct? I can get a good deal on one of those or a Egyptian Maadi. I'm leaning more to the maadi. The only thing I like about the Yugo is the milled receiver.
                              84 318I Delphin RIP
                              87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

The M72 is stamped, If memory serves me the M64 is milled. And yes standard AK mags will work. If you can find the right pattern Yugo mags the follower will hold the bolt open after the last shot, till the mag is removed.

The M72 I feel will have more accuracy potential over any AKM variant. As an added feature the M72 has windage adjustable rear sights. All around they are just plain Cool.

I didn't know these were California "friendly" toys.
                                Last edited by Quadrajet; 10-19-2009, 05:42 PM. Reason: added last sentence

Comment

Working...
                                X