Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
    Funny I just sold my P22 the other week and picked up the new Yankee Hill 5.56 suppressor for the AR's. Im looking for a local title 2 transfer but everyone around here now wants $100 for a transfer. The days of the $50 are looking gone!

As for the P22, made of pot metal, not that accurate but cheap and with a can make for some fun times.

A Mark II or III internally suppressed is the way to go in 22cal pistol.

I'm probably wrong, but isn't that just the standard paperwork? Around here more than $30 is a bit of rip-off. At least that's what I pay for pretty much everything I buy out of state, handgun or long.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

NFA Items are not title 1 transfers. They are title 2. You must have a corp, living trust, or have your local law enforcement do a sign off to have one of these items. Thus the transfers tend to run higher. To get a transfer on a gun that is not a NFA item here is only $20.

To edit Im talking silencers, select fire weapons and destructive devices.
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

good call josh, a 22 is really the way to go for a first firearm.
        BEERTECH

Comment

I bought one of those Walthers for my 10 year old daughter. She loves it.

kr

Comment

another option is the Bersa/Firestorm FS22, similar size, although IMHO higher quality. Either will be a fun plinker.
            BEERTECH

Comment

Vedubin -

OK - I got you. I thought you were using some terms I wasn't too sure were part of what I do out at my local fun shop, so thanks for the explain.

Yep, I just get the normal, average Joe stuff - I just get from out of state if its' got a price over $325, as the transfer fee then is cheaper than state tax.

All I have are rifles, shotguns, & pistols - nothing I've had to go out of my way to procure, so no additional paperwork/fees.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Kimber 1911's are just awesome. this is the one im lusting after.
                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I have a simple Gov't issue Berretta 9mm with a clip of hollow points x 3. Forgot to mention the nice concealed weapons permit that allows me thru FAA checkpoints.

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert View Post
                    I have a simple Gov't issue Berretta 9mm with a clip of hollow points x 3. Forgot to mention the nice concealed weapons permit that allows me thru FAA checkpoints.

What are you an air marshall or something ?? Because my concealed permit does not allow me those privledges...

Comment

I would like to think someone who can supposedly pass through FAA check points with a handgun would know the difference between a magazine and a clip. Oh well.
                      BEERTECH

Comment

You know what it really doens't matter how you refer to it. A weapon is a weapon right.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                          I would like to think someone who can supposedly pass through FAA check points with a handgun would know the difference between a magazine and a clip. Oh well.
                          Might be a regional thing, I swear I hear 'clip' used to mean magazine even from the ol' timers at the local shop that's been there since the late 50's.

Seems familiar to hear something like "10 in the clip, 1 in the chamber" when people are talking capacity.

What's 'clip' mean on the other coast?

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
                            Might be a regional thing, I swear I hear 'clip' used to mean magazine even from the ol' timers at the local shop that's been there since the late 50's.

Seems familiar to hear something like "10 in the clip, 1 in the chamber" when people are talking capacity.

What's 'clip' mean on the other coast?

In Tn. you are almost certainly going to fail the concealed carry permit test if you call the magazine a " clip ". They deduct big points against you for calling it incorrectly !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post

Oh good catch I completely overlooked that !!!

Comment

its not regional, although it might seem like it. And it shouldn't be age dependent, since both have been around since before WWII. And it matters, not only to myself but to every professional trainer I've run into. They tend to be sticklers for safety, and as a result, proper terminology.

*shrug*
                                BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                                X