Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emre View Post
    do you even know what PPC is? No Google please
    Us here teenage rebels don't take well to your kind around these parts, piggy! ;)

'89 325i track sloot
    '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

do you even know what PPC is? No Google please
      before you go making accusations do some reading though this thread. Your childish postings are nothing but brand bashing. I have posted many items I own. Even class 3 weapons. I think I might have an idea on the subject.

The reasons you bash glock are highly exaggerated and mostly untrue. To the point that makes people wonder if you have ever fired a Glock. My 1911's are posted here. I also own Glocks as well as Revolvers.

I would say a Ruger SP101 would be a great first firearm. A Houge grip makes that gun perfect. But if one would want an auto pistol. A Glock 19 is really hard to beat. High round count, more accurate than 99% of the people that fire it. Concealable and runs no matter what happens to it. Kind of the whole AK vs AR battle. 1911s cant stand up to a torture test that Glock has been put though and as a first gun and a gun that my life depends on there is no question... Glock.
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
        before you go making accusations do some reading though this thread. Your childish postings are nothing but brand bashing. I have posted many items I own. Even class 3 weapons. I think I might have an idea on the subject.
        Like I said...I was only responding to the argument that one should avoid the 1911 for CCW because it's unsafe while promoting the Glock as a good first pistol because it's safe. Anyone who's uncomfortable handling a 1911 shouldn't be any more comfortable handling a Glock. Wouldn't you agree?

In any case, I'm not sure that either of these pistols would qualify for a good first handgun. If I could choose to own only one handgungun to serve multiple purposes (including home & personal defense) and assuming I was a newcomer to firearms handling, I would pick something like a S&W 686.
        sigpic
        1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
        2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Like I said...I was only responding to the argument that one should avoid the 1911 for CCW because it's unsafe while promoting the Glock as a good first pistol because it's safe. Anyone who's uncomfortable handling a 1911 shouldn't be any more comfortable handling a Glock. Wouldn't you agree?

In any case, I'm not sure that either of these pistols would qualify for a good first handgun. If I could choose to own only one handgungun to serve multiple purposes (including home & personal defense) and assuming I was a newcomer to firearms handling, I would pick something like a S&W 686.
          I didnt say S/A 1911 was unsafe. I said its not really a starter gun. For a good starter Gun for a CCA Its a 229 DAK If you have the cash to drop or a S&W Sigma or ONe of the older DAO's
          84 318I Delphin RIP
          87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
          89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

I missed out on the rpk. So I'm building bulgarian ak74
            84 318I Delphin RIP
            89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

If you're not familar with firearms, you really need to look/shoot the models you're interested in. Many of my friends own Glocks, Sigs, 1911's, HK's, etc. Each has their selling points, each feels different when shooting. Some just feel "right", but that's subjective. My tastes in pistols and rifles have changed somewhat over the years. One of my first pistols was a Glock. As I've shot more pistols and became more confident in their use I've developed a taste for 1911's. I prefer Colt's, part of the reason is the history behind the brand and they are made in USA. A 1911 feels good in my hand. Most Sig's do as well...but that's me. Most so-called brand name guns will work fine, every now and then one just won't work right. Fortunately most companies stand by their product and will fix the problem. In a nutshell, shoot the brands you are considering before you decide what you're gonna buy.

Comment

I read through this entire thread and some good stuff. I'm taking up shooting and will rent some different choices, but looking at buying a Walther P22 down the road. And then eventually probably a G17. Sound like a good enough plan? I'd be firing with a chick and read that P22 are a pretty good fit for smaller female hands.

Comment

your plans will probably change. Start with the 22, shoot the crap out of it. When you're ready for a centerfire, shoot everything you can get your hands on before you decide what to buy.
                  BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                    I read through this entire thread and some good stuff. I'm taking up shooting and will rent some different choices, but looking at buying a Walther P22 down the road. And then eventually probably a G17. Sound like a good enough plan? I'd be firing with a chick and read that P22 are a pretty good fit for smaller female hands.
                    I don't know about the p22 as I've never fired one. But my good friend has a p99 .40 and it is an awesome gun. It actually feels slightly small in my hand, and I think it'd be a great fit for a female.

Like already stated, just fire a bunch of different shit before you make a decision.

Comment

I would stay away from the P22 unless you just want a toy gun. The gun is made of pot metal and is very picky on ammo. A lot of FTF or FTE. You can do a search on them or ask the Hive the question about the P22. I picked up one to suppress but never got around to picking out the suppressor. I ended up selling it because it is not all that.

they do feel nice in the hands though.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

.22lr pistol, Ruger mark III with the heavy Bull barrel Wish I had never sold mine :(

Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

^^^ recommend highly!

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                            I'm taking up shooting...looking at buying a Walther P22 down the road.
                            If you want a good .22LR, it's tough to beat the Ruger Mk.II or Browning Buckmark.
                            sigpic
                            1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                            2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                              I would stay away from the P22 unless you just want a toy gun. The gun is made of pot metal and is very picky on ammo. A lot of FTF or FTE. You can do a search on them or ask the Hive the question about the P22. I picked up one to suppress but never got around to picking out the suppressor. I ended up selling it because it is not all that.

they do feel nice in the hands though.
                              True
                              84 318I Delphin RIP
                              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

If you want a good .22LR, it's tough to beat the Ruger Mk.II or Browning Buckmark.

i have the buckmark and love it. it was a toss up between the 2, but i had several people tell me that they were a bear to disassemble and clean. i came accross a good deal on the browning and never looked back.
                                seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Comment

Working...
                                X