Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like my m14's
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by madjurgen View Post
      Very nice gun, will definitely appreciate in value.

I have a '91 stamped 'West Germany' , figure that one out.

That is interesting. I have no legitimate proof of the cutoff for W. German markings on their guns. I only am quoting what I was told from the dealer I bought mine from. I am going to be looking into it through a gun collector friend of mine who has all the appraisal / value books on guns. See if we can come up with any real information when they stopped putting W. German on their guns. If I can find out anything I will let you know about yours as well.

Comment

Im going to take a stab at this without looking it up. There was an import ban in the 90's banning a lot of import guns to come in. Hence the AUG and others not imported anymore. Well Sig has a US facility and changed the markings to read US or Exeter NH USA. This way the guns could still be sold in the US.
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
          Im going to take a stab at this without looking it up. There was an import ban in the 90's banning a lot of import guns to come in. Hence the AUG and others not imported anymore. Well Sig has a US facility and changed the markings to read US or Exeter NH USA. This way the guns could still be sold in the US.
          Huh? My gun reads 'West Germany' and was made when there was no more West Germany.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
          You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Vdubz.... make a complete remark! WTF? You leave me no choice but to plug Brasil's mad years in metallurgy...

$299 for a crazy decent .40, on the girls request? GTFOH.

Had mad fun with it today and she marked damn well... Don't come over unannounced!
            Last edited by Maluco; 06-05-2008, 11:06 PM. Reason: said mad alot...

Comment

Originally posted by madjurgen View Post
              Huh? My gun reads 'West Germany' and was made when there was no more West Germany.

its expensive to change molds and programs when running batches that big. They only changed it to be able to sell it here in the states.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
                Vdubz.... make a complete remark! WTF? You leave me no choice but to plug Brasil's mad years in metallurgy...

$299 for a mad decent .40, on the girls request? GTFOH.

Had mad fun with it today and she marked damn well... Don't come over unannounced!

The Taurus just has a bad reputation in regards to being on the cheap side. Parts and action. IE design on trigger, slide, etc... Hence the price. Its one of the biggest markup on guns. Even at that price the dealer made about 30%+ as like the Sigs being discussed might only have a 8-10% markup. The Sigs are really a nice work of art.

Being your first gun and being from the home country you did good. Its a good starter pistol and you will see what I mean if you really start shooting and move on into other guns. Kind of like driving a M10 rust bucket E30 and moving into a E30m3. And it will probably be more accurate than the guy holding the gun. And will defend the house with out fail! Choose ammo wisely for home defense and shoot a lot of that ammo. Make sure you and your gun like the ammo you feed it. Ammo is a big thing when shooting accurately.

But keep that, learn and enjoy. But dont buy another one! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                  The Taurus just has a bad reputation in regards to being on the cheap side. Parts and action. IE design on trigger, slide, etc... Hence the price. Its one of the biggest markup on guns. Even at that price the dealer made about 30%+ as like the Sigs being discussed might only have a 8-10% markup. The Sigs are really a nice work of art.

Being your first gun and being from the home country you did good. Its a good starter pistol and you will see what I mean if you really start shooting and move on into other guns. Kind of like driving a M10 rust bucket E30 and moving into a E30m3. And it will probably be more accurate than the guy holding the gun. And will defend the house with out fail! Choose ammo wisely for home defense and shoot a lot of that ammo. Make sure you and your gun like the ammo you feed it. Ammo is a big thing when shooting accurately.

But keep that, learn and enjoy. But dont buy another one! :D
                  lol.. good points indeed.

Regarless the house has a Moss "home invader" (Maverick - on the cheap + don't come in here though) joint and a S&W 9 that I've had for a good while.

Feels weird... Girl rolling the grown up e46 and now sporting the .40 while I drive around the lowly vert, coupe and sport the 9, haha.

Shiyeet, please...
                  Last edited by Maluco; 06-05-2008, 11:27 PM.

Comment

just bringing up an old thread because my gun friends in Oklahoma just released a little video of their machine gun shoot. All 100% legal to own.

Just be nice when you drive though Oklahoma!

Comment

Comment

My father in law got me this yesterday for my birthday:

New England Firearms Pardner, 3" break-open 12 gauge shotgun. He got it at an estate sale, brand new, NEVER been fired. The woman he bought it from won it in a raffle a few years back, and never fired it, and only opened the box once. It still has all of it's paperwork and everything still in the packaging.

Comment

I got one of those when I was 6..... lol!

Is that your first firearm Matt?

Comment

I'm Josh, and no, it's not. I also have a Mossberg .22 Mag, no other guns yet.

Comment

My friend Pat has had this Mini 14 for a couple years or so, and he's recently bought an AR15. He doesn't use the mini any more, so he told me he'd give me a great price on it. I've fired it a few times and I really like it so I'm going to buy it off of him in a week or two when I've got some more money to spend.

Here is a picture of him holding it a while back, trying to get the scope adjusted properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                                I'm Josh, and no, it's not. I also have a Mossberg .22 Mag, no other guns yet.

Sorry Josh, I know who you are. I just was occupied with another thread running when I wrote that. I think I have done it twice now. My bad and happy belated b-day!

Comment

Working...
                                X