No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright im getting ready buy/assemble my AR. I was going to buy a complete one, but all the shops in my area are 3 months backordered or want $1100+ for a bushmaster ar15. Im thinking about building my own, I was looking at building my own, ordering the lower through my local gunshop (shouldint be more than 200) and the Kit to build a 16" ar15 shoulding be more than 700.

Any recomendations for a resonaby priced quality......who am i shitting.....cheapest forged lower?

and who sells nice kits for the rest, i would prefer to buy the complete "kit" for everything else. Who sells complete kits for cheap? I was on parts4ar15.com and a few other sites but wanted some feedback first.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey is that shop up on the hill N of whitehall off of 145 still in business???? I dont remember the name or the street looked kinda bleak when I was in there last summer.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Money$hit View Post
        Post pics when you are back!
        I never made it there today either, tomorrow I plan to buy something !

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey is that shop up on the hill N of whitehall off of 145 still in business???? I dont remember the name or the street looked kinda bleak when I was in there last summer.
          do you mean army navy? with the olive drab unimog in the parking lot? yea there in business and they are asking a shitload for AR's

Comment

yeah I think that was it, remember the mog but dont remember the army navy signs huh how were the HK prices how far they go up.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by brandon11130 View Post
              Alright im getting ready buy/assemble my AR. I was going to buy a complete one, but all the shops in my area are 3 months backordered or want $1100+ for a bushmaster ar15. Im thinking about building my own, I was looking at building my own, ordering the lower through my local gunshop (shouldint be more than 200) and the Kit to build a 16" ar15 shoulding be more than 700.

Any recomendations for a resonaby priced quality......who am i shitting.....cheapest forged lower?

and who sells nice kits for the rest, i would prefer to buy the complete "kit" for everything else. Who sells complete kits for cheap? I was on parts4ar15.com and a few other sites but wanted some feedback first.

Good luck finding parts, they are even on a longer back order than full rifles. And lowers are going for premium. Thats if you can find one.

Might want to rethink that thought. There are no deals going right now in selected gun markets.
              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I just found this while searching craigslist for guns: Click Here

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                  Good luck finding parts, they are even on a longer back order than full rifles. And lowers are going for premium. Thats if you can find one.

Might want to rethink that thought. There are no deals going right now in selected gun markets.
                  so maby $1100 isnt too horrible of a deal for a bushmaster AR15? They are going to give me 5-600 for my old mini-14 .223 Which really isnt bad consitering I really have no desire to shoot the ruger any more since I started shooting AR's, its like going from an chevy to a BMW.

Comment

So you'd only have to pay around $500 for the brand new Bushmaster? Seems good, although I never like to let any of my guns go. I regret all the ones I've sold which are:

Firearm/sold to/acquired from
                    - Glock 22 /(uncle)/Craigslist
                    - Ruger 10/22 /(family friend)/shit bag who owed me money
                    - Ruger P90 /(...)/person
                    - Mossberg 12ga /(brother)/Craigslist

~ John Adams ~

Comment

just found a bushy for 900 going to put the deposit on it monday. :):):)

Now im second guessing myself.....flat top upper or not? hmmm I could always get a different upper if I really want it... Ahh decisions decsions

Comment

flat. It will grow on you.

Comment

I went to the gun shop today and I couldn't make a decision. Some other guy sure could and spent a good $5000 or so. He bought all the Pmags too, ass. I guess he's comes in there and does it all the time.

I want a 1911, help me. I want to spend...lets say $7** something max. OK?

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Stretch it to $800ish and get a Kimber. Save a little more then buy some quality magazines.

Comment

Originally posted by Money$hit View Post
                              Stretch it to $800ish and get a Kimber. Save a little more then buy some quality magazines.
                              What mags do you like? I heard the new kimbers aren't as good because instead of 2? people working on every gun its more of an assembly line thing.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Not sure, everyone I talk to swears by them (Kimber). From what I read the Wilson mags and Tripp mags make all the difference in making the gun reliable. Theres a link in this thread posted by Vdubin, Id suggest reading that forum, lots of good information.

Comment

Working...
                                X