No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick question from a gun newbie (owner), my dad has a few, 44 magnum, sig (forget the model its a .40), 22, 357. looking to grab one to leave in my car/house. looking for something relatively small, i live in nevada, but just looking for something to start researching and looking into getting, with a semi-smallish budget.
    1991 318is ---230K - DD
    1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
    so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

a sig in the .40 would be a good way to start
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

.40's a good caliber. A compromise between a 9mm &.45. You may want to check your state laws if you plan on keeping it in your car.

Comment

What do you guys think about a Colt 1991? Such as this one: clikc here

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
          ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Nicademus, I shot that same gun this weekend. Im not a huge hand gun buff, but it was pretty gentle. The .45 ACP isnt that awful of a round through it.

Comment

The ergonomics of a 1911 are well designed. Recoil isn't bad, not "snappy" like a .357 Sig. Many, many aftermarket parts are available for it as well. I own two. One a Novak's tuned Colt XCR Commader, and a Colt Series 70 Reproduction. The pictures aren't that great, but it gives you an idea.
              Attached Files

Comment

My grandpa carries a Colt 1991 Commander so I guess its special to me. Never shot a 1991 but I have shot a basic 1911 and it jammed a lot. I'm assuming it was a magazine issue though.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                ~ John Adams ~

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^

mag or crappy ammo, or the gun needs to be cleaned or tuned up.
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Heading to the gun shop now. I renewed my carry permit earlier this week too.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

I like autos much more but do better with revolvers. And I hate having to reload a revolver...and that it only holds a few rounds.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                        I really like these CZ VZ-58 rifles. I think they're an improvement on the AK in all ways. The Czech people make great stuff. Its really impressive how many cool things come from there.......such as my moms side of my family ;)

I love them as well but I'm not willing to pay that much for any AK varient.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if a revolver fails to go bang, pull the trigger again to get to the next round.. cant do that with a bad round in a auto. But I do rely on my autos with very very good ammo.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if a revolver fails to go bang, pull the trigger again to get to the next round.. cant do that with a bad round in a auto. But I do rely on my autos with very very good ammo.

Agreed. Carrying one of each is the only answer.

Comment

I haven't left yet. Ok I'm going out the door. Might return with a Springfield 1911 GI or something. Who knows, I could use a revolver. I kinda want a super 38 1911. I want too many things.

Edit*

Nevermind they close in 45 minutes and it rush hour right now.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                                I haven't left yet. Ok I'm going out the door. Might return with a Springfield 1911 GI or something. Who knows, I could use a revolver. I kinda want a super 38 1911. I want too many things.

Post pics when you are back!

Comment

Working...
                                X