No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hk would be a better carry gun IMO .40 is a geat round I like it more than .45acp. Unless you hand load.
    84 318I Delphin RIP
    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Well I carry a P220 every day that I can (depending on the state that I happen to be in) and will not buy anything for carry other than a SIG now that I have had one for a while. I am a SIG convert over from HK. Both are very very good pistols, its more down to what fits you hand the best and what you arr the most comfortable with shooting. Either a Sig Or HK will be a great choice and you really cant go wrong with either, I have 1 of each and will be getting more Sigs in the future.

You can still consider both the SIG 226 in .40 or 9mm and 229 in .40, .357 or 9mm. My self I would stay away from the .357sig as its hard ammo to find and is expensive when you do. As this is going to be a carry weapon you need to shoot it a lot to be proficient with it and that takes a bunch of ammo.

I am a old school guy when it comes to SD guns and ammo. In other words Big Heavy and Slow projectiles (IE my 230FMJ +p loaded .45acp) The 40 and 9mm are more of a High speed round that just makes holes.

A reporter did a human interest piece
      on the Texas Rangers. The reporter
      recognized the Colt Model 1911 the
      Ranger was carrying and asked him,
      “Why do carry a .45?”. The Ranger
      responded with, “Because they don’t
      make a .46.” * Credit to Retired Texas
      Ranger Joaquin (Waukeen) Jackson,
      Alpine, Tex
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

^Haha that's my name... Does anyone on here have opinions on a browning hi power?

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good 9mm, its sister the Beretta m92 was the replacement for the M1911 as the standard issue side arm for the US military. Only in 9mm and .40 IIRC, good pistols but there are better out there for Carry. But over all a very very good gun
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-18-2009, 01:56 PM.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

mrsleeve, where do you carry? On your hip?

Comment

The Browning Hi-Power is a legendary firearm. As recognizable as the 1911, the PPK, or the Makarov. They are stone reliable and, if I may say so, very classy.

IMHO CZ's dont get the respect they deserve. My next 9mm is going to be a CZ.

SIGs and HK's are stupid expensive. I have a P229. I love it, but christ was it pricey. I think I paid eight bills for it.

Have you looked at XD's?

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah they are pricey, my new carry rig is going to be a 220 carry elite and they want almost 1200 for it MSRP but thats a ways off. Worth every penny IMO though.

J's
                yeah IWB (inside waist band) on my strong side, at 3:30 4:00 position or just behind the hip bone with a forward cant to the pistol.. I am a skinny bastard and thats the best place and way for me to hid the grip. You look at me carefully you can kinda see that something may be there but my supper anti hand gun relatives never even notice when I am around and my aunt looks and would say something. I normally just use a button up shirt and wear it untucked and it dose the job well.

I tried small of the back and for me it is uncomfortable and prints like all hell back there unless I am wearing a jacket and or a huge sweat shirt. If I had to wear a suit all the time I would use a shoulder rig.
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-18-2009, 02:07 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by kroberts View Post
                  The Browning Hi-Power is a legendary firearm. As recognizable as the 1911, the PPK, or the Makarov. They are stone reliable and, if I may say so, very classy.

IMHO CZ's dont get the respect they deserve. My next 9mm is going to be a CZ.

SIGs and HK's are stupid expensive. I have a P229. I love it, but christ was it pricey. I think I paid eight bills for it.

Have you looked at XD's?
                  Speaks the Truth, up to the point of recommending XD's.

I was busy taking a picture of my Hi Power and was going to say the same before Kroberts chimed in.

I personally carry a Gock 19. But this is one of the nicest guns in my collection. Its a 1968 Hi-Power that is still brand new and never had a round chambered though it. Ser#T2118** By far the nicest hand gun I have gotten to play with.
                  Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Im suprised no one ever recomends the S&W M&P. There great pistols just as good as the xd.

Kroberts
                    Im with you on CZ they make great pistols I don't know why they haven't fully caught on there on par with all of the other Companys and they cost way less.
                    84 318I Delphin RIP
                    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Here is some of my AR collection:

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

...and some of my AK collection:

Comment

...and some of my handguns:

Comment

...and some misc:

Do I win the internets yet?

Comment

Not hardly.... no class 3!
                              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

sadly Washington State says I'm not suposed to have that stuff. I might hurt myself... However I have been eyeing an MG42 in Oregon though.

Comment

Working...
                                X