No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rainier, are you on NorthwestFirearms.com?

Comment

My newest addition to the family. Got it at the national gunshow today:

1894 Winchester in 30-30. The finish on the steel is a little worn but nothing a little blueing agent cant cure. Other than that, its in great shape. I was going to buy a mossberg lever in 30-30 NIB but I decided to walk around and came across this. I figured I could have a brand new mossberg, or a winchester. So I took the winchester 350 out the door, they covered the taxes. More pics tomorrow after I go shooting
      Attached Files
      <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
      unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Nice pick up, the 1894 is good sold lever gun, I am a huge savage 1899 or "99" lever gun fan,
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-24-2009, 07:38 PM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Ever since my Friend took his Grandad's Savage 99 shooting I've wanted one. His Grandad bought this rifle in the 40's and hunted with it till the late 60's. It's phenominally accurate. It's so old school it has external adjustments for the scope.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yup Cold shot on my .300 is about 1 1/2" low and left at 200yds. If you go looking for one you must get one with a pre 1 million serial number (tooling was never redone) it has to have the internal rotary mag and the safty on the lever not on the tang.

The blueing on the bottom of the receiver will be nearly wore because they are perfectly balanced there and you can carry it in the filed with one hand and can do it all day like its not there. They are the best (IMO) lever gun ever designed, I have 2 in .300sav and we use them as scabbard guns on our horses while out in the back country.
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll be looking for one in .300 Savage too.

As a side note my next local gunshop now has some reloading supplies and ammo again. Not at the pre-national mistake level. The guy who waited on me was saying they had gotten in a pallet of .22LR on Monday, they were rationing it out at 500rds per person. They were sold out at 3pm Wednesday.

They didn't have Small rifle primers, or bulk .308 FMJ's or .30 Carbine FMJ's either.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Man I tell you, try and find a good one in .308, I have had my Great Grandpas .300 since I was 12 and will never let it go the other was a deal I could not pass up.

You get better ballistics and a bit more range out of the .308 in a very similar size package, but thats not the main reason to get .308. .300 is a dieing caliber thats been very hard to source in good quality ammo in large quantity since the early 90's when savage stopped chambering anything in .300. Only around hunting season can you find it. Federal is the only one making top quality ( as close to match ammo as you can get) anymore and even the cheap stuff is 30+ a box of 20. I shoot the 180gr Federal Power Shock ( soft points) and its great but pricey at 36 a box.

William Pitt-

Comment

I didn't realize they were made in .308 prior to 1million. But then again I think in Milsurp where 1million is just getting started.

I figured on handloading because of the factors you mentioned, but why introduce a "new" caliber. I've been saying I have too many already. See look what you've done it's mind control....it's spooky!

Comment

Yes they made some .308's pre 1 mill (I dont remember how many) but they are hard to come by and are significantly more $$$ than way more common .300sav. And if you are gonna "roll your own" once you get the brass you wont have any issues as its the same projectiles as any other .30cal

William Pitt-

Comment

I figured they were gonna be .308 projectiles in the .300 Savage, but I was gonna look it up in a book I have on cartridges of the world or something like that.
                      Really thanks for the advice, when I go looking at shows I always keep my eyes open for about 3 or 4 items of interest. I used to go only looking for one specific thing at a time, and ended up passing on good examples that I couldn't locate again.

Comment

Heres a vid of me shooting my model 94 today. I love the sound it makes when I work the action!

<---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
                        unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Had a nice night at the shooting range tonight. Me and my lady shot off 200 rounds with a Glock 19, and a Sig P226. Loved the Sig, it was my first time shooting one.

tasty

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
                            Sig P226. Loved the Sig, it was my first time shooting one.
                            You will want nothing else now, welcome to the wonderful world of Sig Sauer

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post

Is she holding the gun really weird?

Sigs are great. After I shot my first I had to have one ( Sig p229 ).

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                                Is she holding the gun really weird?

Sigs are great. After I shot my first I had to have one ( Sig p229 ).
                                No, this is camera blur, I took the shot just as she was firing so it caught her recoil. This was also her first time ever shooting a gun.
                                Last edited by s0urce; 07-27-2009, 04:48 PM.
                                tasty

Comment

Working...
                                X