No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to delve into detail, look at http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...d?bill=h111-45

but, here's some more details beyond the summary.
    applications for licenses:
    (6) a certification by the applicant that the applicant will keep any firearm owned by the applicant safely stored and out of the possession of persons who have not attained 18 years of age;

and, most concerning to me:

SEC. 403. INSPECTIONS.

In order to ascertain compliance with this Act, the amendments made by this Act, and the regulations and orders issued under this Act, the Attorney General may, during regular business hours, enter any place in which firearms or firearm products are manufactured, stored, or held, for distribution in commerce, and inspect those areas where the products are so manufactured, stored, or held.
    which means, to the best I can read it, warrants and due process will no longer be required for federal authorities to search any place which is suspected of selling guns. And while this isn't an end-of-the-world clause, it opens the door for this to be used as legal cover for entering any place of business.

I believe from a Law class I took as a Senior in college that incriminating evidence found when not specifically searching for it is admissible in court. Meaning, they search the place during business hours- however those get defined- without a warrant and find some other documents or evidence during a thorough search of the premises which is now admissible evidence. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't seriously believe it would work that way, but if true the possibility exists.
    sigpic89 M3

Comment

What does all this mean essentially? They're making it harder to transfer and sell firearms, and easier to search for, and control them?

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
      Originally posted by DTM190
      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

well guys, I thought Id add something to this page... Ive gotten into reloading! Though at first it takes way to much time but the end result is amazing!

After buying everything, one would have to shoot a lot to start saving any money on ammo. Im reloading some match grade rounds for the cost of today's retail plinking ammo.

My latest round is the following.

Sierra Match Kings 69gn bthp
        Varget powder 25.2gn
        CCI 400 primers
        Mixed military brass

No Chrono on this as of yet. Just something else to buy. Cases looked great with out any signs of overpressure.

After spending roughly 8 hours cleaning and de-priming 3000 rounds, then another 7 hours sizing and tooling up, I was able to squeeze out about 150 completed rounds.

I was shooting them with a LMT Piston MRP AR with an Eotech 552 revF. This was the outcome. I am in search for the perfect piece of glass. I do not own anything long distance (Glass) for the 5.56 platform. So for a Red Dot sight, this is pretty good in my book. 14 rounds fired. Standard NRA 100 yard target

Last edited by Vedubin01; 08-26-2009, 02:47 PM.
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

great shooting and Reloading is on this winters projects list.

RAL:
          Um HR 45 went into committee back in early Jan shortly after it was introduced, still has NO COSPONSORS (no one else thinks its a good idea and wants to back the legislation) and not come back out. and dont think it will. When it dose then its time to start fighting it. Dont worry I will let you all know when it dose as I am watching this and a couple of others of similar note, every week to few days.

That and the D's right now are taking a beating on all kinds of shit they have pushed through in the last 8 months. They are not about to try and touch guns. Not till after the mid terms, as the remember what happened after the passing of the Clinton AWB OF 94. They lost the majority they had held for decades to the R's by a huge margin. They wont risk a Gun Grab in this climate at least till the end of BHO's 1st term or try really hard if he gets a 2ed (which I doubt)

Just keep an eye on this stuff and be ready to fight it for every thing you have, because if we lose the 2ed, we lose them all for a couple of reasons. 1, there will be no reason for the Politicians to fear the people, and the people will have no way to enforce our other rights. 2: Lawyers will then have a legal precedent to follow to dismantlement the rest of the bill of rights and Constitution SO we must pick our battles carefully and wait till the time is right to stop these attempts of legislation when they are actually at risk of getting through the full floor votes
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I just picked this up from the gunshow yesterday on whim. I've been thinking of a light 30-30 for fun shooting and maybe some hunting.

Marlin 30AW, basically a variant of the Marlin 336 sold at Walmart in the late 80's. I shot it yesterday and I think its the first time its ever been shot. I know you guys are more of the "tactical" types but this is one sweet gun. 30-30 is cheap too
            1987 325is - sold
            2001 330i - New DD

Comment

I finished building my ar15 2 days ago and went out and shot it yesterday with mixed emotions lol. When it actually shoots its a nail driver although it doesn't always fire! I bought a stripped lower a while ago and recently purchased a complete upper kit.

It always feeds but it doesn't always fire. When it doesn't fire you can hear the firing pin go but the round doesn't fire. When you try to remove the unspent round the slide is jammed pretty good and there is BARELY a mark if any on the primer of the round.

First thought is whoever assembled the upper didn't headspace it right? Or maybe it needs to be lubed? I wanted to take it to a gunsmith today but they aren't open on mondays.

Anyone have any idea whats going on?
              ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

what buffer are you running, as well as ammo used?

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I have a 336W in .30-.30 and use it for WT deer hunting...

Great rifle and ammo is plentiful.

Check out Hornady's Lever Evolution ammo too.

Comment

I started w/ some reloads I bought from the gunshow but that was my first worry, so I tried some Winchester's with the same results. Both are 55g FMJ bullets. The upper is a Blackthorne iirc. I bought it from a gunshow and the upper doesn't have any markings on it. Doing a little bit of reading on them there are a pretty good amt of mixed reviews on them...
                    Last edited by asubimmer; 08-31-2009, 01:00 PM.
                    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Sounds like a failure to load, again what buffer are you running? Its the mettle plug that sits behind the bolt and goes into the stock.

For what ever its worth, dont shoot reloads unless you trust them or loaded them first hand. A few cents savings could cost you your gun.

Comment

to be honest I don't know. I bought it as a complete kit minus the stripped lower. The upper was already assembled and the buffer came w/ the m4 style stock that was included. If I installed the stock incorrectly would it cause the buffer to act like this?
                        Last edited by asubimmer; 08-31-2009, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Remove the firing pin from the bolt assembly and see if there isn't some grease and crud keeping the pin from going full travel. Clean out the "tunnel" the firing pin runs in as well, for the previously mentioned crud.

Comment

is the bolt seating all the way forward? Try pushing the forward assist before firing.

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
                              The upper is a Blackthorne iirc.
                              This is your problem, blackthorn/hesse/vulcan/whatever-they-changed-thier-name-to-this-time are notorious for being out of spec. A multitde of problems can cause light primer strikes. Could be:
                              -Short Stroking, caused by out of spec upper (too tight), bolt carrier (too tight), carrier-key (loose, canted, or bent) tight reciever extension (causes the bolt to not lock in battery without 'persuasion', improper buffer/spring selection.
                              -Out of battery firing, caused by tight chamber (round can't go fully forward), out of spec bolt or chamber/reciever extension. OUT OF BATTERY FIRING IS VERY DANGEROUS!
                              -Weak firing pin strike, caused by out of spec firing pin, out of spec bolt, or improper or improperly installed hammer spring.
                              -Other issues...

As you can see there is just too many variables to troubleshoot without some fairlt specific information. If you would like PM me and I can help you narrow down the problem, but with out having the rifle in front of me it would be difficult. The best thing to do is have a 'smith that knows ARs look at it in person...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

I would give more credit to the parts as long as they are new. Yes the upper does follow some reputation but more likely than not they are fine.

9 out of 10 times, its either going to be weak ammo, and or buffer spring and buffer.

Can you list the parts you assembled and where you got them?

Comment

Working...
                                X