No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the Fal when the AWB expired. The folding stock is very solid and is more comfortable than most other designs (esp. when shooting .308). The only stamped part is the lower receiver, which is non-licensed. The gas system is adjustable, which allows a wider range of ammo to function properly in a variety of conditions. Parts and magazines (until recently about $10) are readily available. Fal's are very reliable, solid, and were used by many NATO, South American and African countries.

Comment

Nice FAL

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I was over at Dillon Precision the other day, and they showed me this.

Supposedly they are working on a .50 short range subsonic sniper round. Here is a picture of one that is about to go through testing.

It will go in a revolver with a split chamber, and a hose clamp is going to hold it together. :giggle:

Comment

Pics no worky. I'm excity to see roundy

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
          Originally posted by DTM190
          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Its, well, interesting...

Now I just wish that they would import the new(ish) Russian 9x39:

Barely-Subsonic 250gr AP, ftw...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Both of those look gnarly

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
              Originally posted by DTM190
              "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

will stick to my standard Mag calibers and 45acp for my hand guns thank you
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  will stick to my standard Mag calibers and 45acp for my hand guns thank you

+1.. The oly exotics worth owning are FN 5.7, 10mm, and 500S&W
                  84 318I Delphin RIP
                  87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                  89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

The sad thing is that the 9x39 seems to be catching on in europe and asia from what little I have read about it. And since it was specifically made for the AK platform there is no reason that it couldn't be sucessfull here.
                    Think about it, that'd be one hard-hitting hog-gun.
                    Loading your own wouldn't be to hard either, so long as they made bullets for it as the case is just re-necked 7.62x39

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
                      The sad thing is that the 9x39 seems to be catching on in europe and asia from what little I have read about it. And since it was specifically made for the AK platform there is no reason that it couldn't be sucessfull here.
                      Think about it, that'd be one hard-hitting hog-gun.
                      Loading your own wouldn't be to hard either, so long as they made bullets for it as the case is just re-necked 7.62x39

I thought the current cardrige for the ak was the 5.45x39?

Ya but we have enough hard hitting rounds unless its cheap as fuck.
                      84 318I Delphin RIP
                      87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                      89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

It is, but the 9x39 was developed for the russian army as a sub-sonic armor-piercing round for silenced applications (ie Spetznaz). Because it is sub-sonic, no sonic-crack, but to maintain terminal energy, they just made the bullet really, really big.

I just want it because I have too many AKs in the 'regular' calibers, and you know what they say, "Variety is the spice of life"

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                          +1.. The oly exotics worth owning are FN 5.7, 10mm, and 500S&W
                          agreed 100% on those too, just 10mm is kinda debatable
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

You guys know im kidding right? Its a .45 that was resized to .50 by mistake by one of the dillon assemblers. Then another person stuck a .50 bmg in it.

Comment

Yeah, that was pretty obvious.
                              .45 Colt case right? (it is rimmed)

Comment

Originally posted by whowhatwhere View Post
                                You guys know im kidding right? Its a .45 that was resized to .50 by mistake by one of the dillon assemblers. Then another person stuck a .50 bmg in it.
                                really no way. ;)

I was more referring to the 9x39

and yes I would say that a .45LC

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X