Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
    Move along... don't you have any Politics and Religion posts you could be ruining? Must be a slow troll day here on r3v.
    Yeah, sorry about that.

I'll let you get back to your soldier of fortune world.
    2011 1M Alpine white/black
    1996 Civic white/black
    1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Managed to pick up the 1-6x scope from PA.

I'm sort of regretting getting the PA extended mount and should've just went with a Larue QD one.
      2008 335i - n54b30
      1991 318i - m52b28
      1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

A friend of mine came back from one of the shows this past weekend picking up the Springfield Socom 16 for $1050 out the door. Thought that was a really good find. He also told me that the guy had a ACOG TA-31 for sale brand new in box for a smoking deal. I have a Remington 700 back home where I hunt but have been itching to build a Savage 10TR in 308. Not many long distant ranges down here but there are a few invites that I think it would make my build worth building. So I have been wanting an ACOG for the longest but itching to get back into longer range shooting. So I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with the Savage 10 line? And whats your opinion?
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
          A friend of mine came back from one of the shows this past weekend picking up the Springfield Socom 16 for $1050 out the door. Thought that was a really good find. He also told me that the guy had a ACOG TA-31 for sale brand new in box for a smoking deal. I have a Remington 700 back home where I hunt but have been itching to build a Savage 10TR in 308. Not many long distant ranges down here but there are a few invites that I think it would make my build worth building. So I have been wanting an ACOG for the longest but itching to get back into longer range shooting. So I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with the Savage 10 line? And whats your opinion?
          $1050?! Jesus, that's one of my "fuck it I just want it" purchases in the near future.

Comment

$1050?! Jesus, that's one of my "fuck it I just want it" purchases in the near future.

He is always changing his mind on things so I told him I will most gladly give him what he paid for it and consider me 1st in line. Its a really nice piece and for a steal!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Sooooo . . . It's been over a month now since my initial call to Smith & Wesson to get replacement takedown lever for my M&P 9. I can't say with good coscience that this has been at all pleasant. . I really REALLY like the way the gun shoots. I was even planning on picking up the optics ready C.O.R.E. version, but after this bullshit I'm not sure I want to associated with them at all.
              1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
              1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
              bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
                Sooooo . . . It's been over a month now since my initial call to Smith & Wesson to get replacement takedown lever for my M&P 9. I can't say with good coscience that this has been at all pleasant. . I really REALLY like the way the gun shoots. I was even planning on picking up the optics ready C.O.R.E. version, but after this bullshit I'm not sure I want to associated with them at all.
                They were super responsive when I sent my Bodyguard .380 in to have them inspect some barrel fitment issues. Got it back in about a week. What kind of bullshit are they telling you?

Comment

"oh yeah we'll get that right out to you" "oh yeah it'll be out by the end of the week" etc. etc.
                  I'm just not thrilled at all by this. It's really tarnishing what I did like about the handgun because every time I look at it I get pissed off at S&W.

Comment

well I was able to find the Savage 10 FP-SR at a decent price. I already had a Harris Bipod and a SWFA SS fixed 10x scope. I will have to upgrade the glass for sure but its turning out to be a nice little rifle.

Near future plans is to incorporate a detach magazine setup and an aftermarket stock. But for now Im just going to shoot it and see what I can do with what I got.

Ill post some pics soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                      well I was able to find the Savage 10 FP-SR at a decent price. I already had a Harris Bipod and a SWFA SS fixed 10x scope. I will have to upgrade the glass for sure but its turning out to be a nice little rifle.

Near future plans is to incorporate a detach magazine setup and an aftermarket stock. But for now Im just going to shoot it and see what I can do with what I got.

Ill post some pics soon.
                      how much? I have a friend that has one.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

$650 otd

Comment

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
                          "oh yeah we'll get that right out to you" "oh yeah it'll be out by the end of the week" etc. etc.
                          I'm just not thrilled at all by this. It's really tarnishing what I did like about the handgun because every time I look at it I get pissed off at S&W.
                          That sucks man. If I were in your position I'd probably sell it and get something I was still in love with. XDm would be my next choice.

Comment

Comment

Your buddy can EAD with his Socom 16. Fuck that price is insanity. Color me jealousy.

Comment

That sucks man. If I were in your position I'd probably sell it and get something I was still in love with. XDm would be my next choice.
                                Not a fan of XD's or Glocks, this is the only striker fired-poly pistol I've liked so far, I'm just really hating the company right now.

I just bit the bullet (ha) and ordered one. It was really cheap. I just don't think I should have to replace their mistake.
                                Last edited by AwakenNoMore; 06-02-2014, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X